Aden Flint

Fraser_23

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thekingofbuxton said:

We've already got one big hoofer - Jason Shackell.

Yeah who is massively under rated by some and the best defender we've had here since Stimac! I think he will be key next season! Captain for me ?

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah who is massively under rated by some and the best defender we've had here since Stimac! I think he will be key next season! Captain for me ?

Completely disagree, we have had far better defenders than Shackell since Igor. I would say he isn't even the best defender since we were last relegated.

9 hours ago, E17Rams said:

I watched him in 50+ games for Alfreton Town. He was a raw 21/22 year old player who gave absolutely everything on the field and was solid at the back and dangerous from set pieces. 

Rumour when he left Alfreton was that Derby bid an embarrassing figure for him when he was sold to Swindon for £125k.

Pretty sure he/his family are Forest fans. 

So were Jake Buxtons. They can't help it they just need to be shown the light.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Better than Alex Pearce. I don't get the hype about Flint?  £5m???? No way sorry I'd look elsewhere tbh. 

10 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I really rate Flint, be perfect alongside Keogh. Pace, muscle and height. Dangerous from corners as well.

To improve, we must replace keogh, he has been here long enough. As much as he seems like a nice guy. He just isn't good enough. We need a calm leader

8 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

To improve, we must replace keogh, he has been here long enough. As much as he seems like a nice guy. He just isn't good enough. We need a calm leader

out of the few CBs we can get rid of I think he is the last one. More likely to see Pearce and Shackell go than Keogh.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

I've no problem with Keogh being replaced as captain but he's far away our best defender and the fact that he's been here for a few seasons is completely irrelevant. Will Hughes has played longer for Derby so is it time for him to go as well?

34 minutes ago, rynny said:

Completely disagree, we have had far better defenders than Shackell since Igor. I would say he isn't even the best defender since we were last relegated.

Like who ? He barely needs to make a tackle he reads the game that well . And when he does he gets it right, granted his ball playing skills are to be somewhat questioned but that's why him and keogh form such a good partnership I. E the start of the season.

18 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Like who ? He barely needs to make a tackle he reads the game that well . And when he does he gets it right, granted his ball playing skills are to be somewhat questioned but that's why him and keogh form such a good partnership I. E the start of the season.

Since we were last relegated I would have Barker any day over Shackell. I prefer Keogh. I would say they were on par with each other but as you said they do make a good partnership. Since Stimac you can choose from Riggott, Carbonari, West, Higginbotham, Michael Johnson, Huddleston, Moore, Leacock.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Since we were last relegated I would have Barker any day over Shackell. I prefer Keogh. I would say they were on par with each other but as you said they do make a good partnership. Since Stimac you can choose from Riggott, Carbonari, West, Higginbotham, Michael Johnson, Huddleston, Moore, Leacock.

Barkers the only one out of them that I'd say is on par with Shackell as a defender. Moore and Leacock are no where near! 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Barkers the only one out of them that I'd say is on par with Shackell as a defender. Moore and Leacock are no where near! 

Shackell better defender than Taribo West?:o

If we spent 5 million on a championship defender who just escaped relegation when we are trying to balance our books for FFP, it would prove we have learnt nothing.

With Rowett saying he isn't willing to spend 4 million on Wisdom from Liverpool, I trust he wouldn't be spending 5 million for flint. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we spent 5 million on a championship defender who just escaped relegation when we are trying to balance our books for FFP, it would prove we have learnt nothing.

With Rowett saying he isn't willing to spend 4 million on Wisdom from Liverpool, I trust he wouldn't be spending 5 million for flint. 

Exactly...5 million!!

I thought we are going in a different direction.

Not a bad player,i'll go 1.5 million and ten grand a week or stick around just to make Villa pay 10 million.

14 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Why the **** do people want to sign a centre back for £5 million, whose team conceded the second most goals in the league just because he scores the odd goal from a corner? Jesus Christ.

Oh and because he's a "Derby lad", we should sign him apparently. In that case, someone give Callum Ball and Lee Holmes a ring please.

10 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I'd consider keeping Keogh - on the proviso that he's not the captain (ever again!):

1. We need a better captain (someone that can inspire, cajole, bully the rest of the team when necessary)
  2. The captaincy clearly weighs on Keogh's shoulders and sometimes that makes him try too hard - take the captaincy off him and let him get on with the business of defending....

As for Shackell, he was a good defender when we sold him to Burnley and he was a decent player for them in the PL - but frankly he's hardly done anything since he came back to suggest he can hit those heights again - to me he looks like a player who's got his big pay day and is happy to cruise through the rest of his contract with minimum effort and even less desire - plus I'm sceptical about his attitude and impact on the dressing room....

Archived