Preseason 2017-18

RoyMac5

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Lowe injured again?  So talented, but starting to fear he will never reach his potential.

Think its from last season. Some muscle thing, can't remember exactly what. Thing is he's a young lad, still growing, surely there's bound to be problems now and again until he's full grown?

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Lowe is training again now by the looks of things, hopefully all is healed now cause he's gonna be massive imo 

Fat?

On 06/07/2017 at 19:17, Nuwtfly said:

Adding onto my weird list of potentially irrelevant things spotted in the Tenerife videos, the latest clip appears to show a back four of Wisdom - Pearce - Davies - possibly Anya at LB. 

Final things noticed in the last training video (some of these have already be pointed out elsewhere on the forum):

- Two teams on 11, both playing 4-4-2 from what I could see.

- One side had Martin up top with Vydra (not for the first time). The other had Bent and Nugent.

- Nick Blackman appeared to play on the right wing, cutting in. Delivered some good crosses and looked lively. He was on the same side as Russell (who played on the left), Martin and Vydra in the 11-a-side game.

- Wisdom looked to be playing at right-back, with Chris Baird playing next to Curtis Davies at centre-half, with Marcus Olsson at LB. The opposite side had Keogh, Pearce and Forsyth. Couldn't see who was playing at RB, though I believe it was Ikechi Anya.

- Butterfield and Bryson appeared to be the two in centre-midfield for Keogh's team, with Weimann on the left, and Mason Bennett on the right.

- Looked like Bradley Johnson and Jamie Hanson were playing in centre-midfield for the bibless team.

With that all in mind, the two starting XIs appeared to be...

- - - - - - - - - - Carson - - - - - - - - - 

Wisdom - Baird - - Davies - Olsson

Blackman - Hanson - Johnson - Russell

- - - - - - - - Vydra - - - Martin - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - Nugent - - Bent - - - - - - - -

Weimann - Bryson - Butterfield - Bennett

Forsyth - Pearce - - - - Keogh - Anya - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -- Roos - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I've said, there might be nothing to read into here, but I found them interesting to watch, nonetheless. 

I've just watched the little snippets and it looked as if Blackman and Forsyth had a good test for each other. 

I've always had Forsyth down as the best full back in one-on-one situations in the league. He just never, ever seemed to get beaten. Blackman did get turned out a few times, but on one occasion he sent Forsyth back to the England with a turn to set up a goal.

Saying that, I feel sorry for the poor sod who had to run at Wisdom. Trump could save loads of money by getting him to stand on the border. 

Archived