Preseason 2017-18

RoyMac5

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, July 09, 2017 at 17:37, Nuwtfly said:

Final things noticed in the last training video (some of these have already be pointed out elsewhere on the forum):

- Two teams on 11, both playing 4-4-2 from what I could see.

- One side had Martin up top with Vydra (not for the first time). The other had Bent and Nugent.

- Nick Blackman appeared to play on the right wing, cutting in. Delivered some good crosses and looked lively. He was on the same side as Russell (who played on the left), Martin and Vydra in the 11-a-side game.

- Wisdom looked to be playing at right-back, with Chris Baird playing next to Curtis Davies at centre-half, with Marcus Olsson at LB. The opposite side had Keogh, Pearce and Forsyth. Couldn't see who was playing at RB, though I believe it was Ikechi Anya.

- Butterfield and Bryson appeared to be the two in centre-midfield for Keogh's team, with Weimann on the left, and Mason Bennett on the right.

- Looked like Bradley Johnson and Jamie Hanson were playing in centre-midfield for the bibless team.

With that all in mind, the two starting XIs appeared to be...

- - - - - - - - - - Carson - - - - - - - - - 

Wisdom - Baird - - Davies - Olsson

Blackman - Hanson - Johnson - Russell

- - - - - - - - Vydra - - - Martin - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - Nugent - - Bent - - - - - - - -

Weimann - Bryson - Butterfield - Bennett

Forsyth - Pearce - - - - Keogh - Anya - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -- Roos - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I've said, there might be nothing to read into here, but I found them interesting to watch, nonetheless. 

Looks like we're just mixing them up, maybe Vydra and Martin is intentional but more likely it's just splitting the best/first choice players over 2 teams for a fair match. Can't see any of the other partnerships are likely to be replicated elsewhere bar maybe Bryson & Butters.

Wonder also if these will be the split of the squad for upcoming friendlies.

On 09/07/2017 at 17:37, Nuwtfly said:

Final things noticed in the last training video (some of these have already be pointed out elsewhere on the forum):

- Two teams on 11, both playing 4-4-2 from what I could see.

- One side had Martin up top with Vydra (not for the first time). The other had Bent and Nugent.

- Nick Blackman appeared to play on the right wing, cutting in. Delivered some good crosses and looked lively. He was on the same side as Russell (who played on the left), Martin and Vydra in the 11-a-side game.

- Wisdom looked to be playing at right-back, with Chris Baird playing next to Curtis Davies at centre-half, with Marcus Olsson at LB. The opposite side had Keogh, Pearce and Forsyth. Couldn't see who was playing at RB, though I believe it was Ikechi Anya.

- Butterfield and Bryson appeared to be the two in centre-midfield for Keogh's team, with Weimann on the left, and Mason Bennett on the right.

- Looked like Bradley Johnson and Jamie Hanson were playing in centre-midfield for the bibless team.

With that all in mind, the two starting XIs appeared to be...

- - - - - - - - - - Carson - - - - - - - - - 

Wisdom - Baird - - Davies - Olsson

Blackman - Hanson - Johnson - Russell

- - - - - - - - Vydra - - - Martin - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - Nugent - - Bent - - - - - - - -

Weimann - Bryson - Butterfield - Bennett

Forsyth - Pearce - - - - Keogh - Anya - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -- Roos - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I've said, there might be nothing to read into here, but I found them interesting to watch, nonetheless. 

Been out of the loop a few days and reading this is making fear for George's health ??

6 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Been out of the loop a few days and reading this is making fear for George's health ??

Picked up a hamstring injury last week in the training camp which was normal and expected to get that especially Thorney been out for a year. Out for 7-10 days so I think we will see him involved to Germany trip next week. Not to worry. 

Archived