Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better surely just to chill right now - why invite stress & aggro for the forum due to wild speculation?

What purpose would it serve?

There must be serious and tangible misdemeanours for an organisation to put out such a stark & definitive statement of a dismissal. 

Parties involved will be spending a tidy bundle on legal fees anyway - hence, no need to make any lawyers richer with a sideshow on here :ermm:

More unwanted bad publicity for DCFC, though. Let's hope it is the players making better headlines in a year's time.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Enjoyed may not quite be the right word BJ.

There's an element of selfish (and probably slightly bitter) satisfaction to it but then there's the human side, which is a man has lost his job and looks like he might have got himself in a spot of bother.

I can be vindictive but I don't like to see anyone suffer/struggle.

I genuinely hope it's just a standard sacking and what comes out of it doesn't affect his chance of future employment.

I've got what I wanted which is Sam has left the club and he's not achieved what he promised to achieve professionally. The way he (and the club) have handled previous sackings make it hard to have too much sympathy for him, he's been incredibly ruthless in his short career as a footballing CEO and at the end of the day, he's failed in his objectives. When you add to that, that the failure has been incredibly expensive and the owner is renowned for neither suffering fools, nor failure lightly. In my opinion he has got his comeuppance by being relieved of his duties in such a short, shrift manner.  Karma.

That's enough for me, no need to drag the guys reputation through the dirt while he's down on his knees.

On a personal level, that finally draws a line under the NC/Derby right/wrong episode, even grudge that I'd kept hold of since he was fired. which is a tremendous relief.

Now Sam has gone there is nothing at all at the club to stop me wishing you huge success and quickly. I like Rowett, I like Mel (I admit I might be wrong here!!) I like most of the players, I like most of the fans. I like the forum...it's like a weight has been lifted and I admit it might have been a very silly grudge to hold.

Everyone has moved on, we're all in good shape.

Can't wait to see your face when you find out he's left to join Burton  (smiley face emoji)

2 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Better surely just to chill right now - why invite stress & aggro for the forum due to wild speculation?

What purpose would it serve?

There must be serious and tangible misdemeanours for an organisation to put out such a stark & definitive statement of a dismissal. 

Parties involved will be spending a tidy bundle on legal fees anyway - hence, no need to make any lawyers richer with a sideshow on here :ermm:

More unwanted bad publicity for DCFC, though. Let's hope it is the players making better headlines in a year's time.

Boring:thumbsup:

Just now, Ellafella said:

Assuming the case holds. 

The club must feel it's both watertight, and extremely necessary, to have taken such action.

I don't get a good feeling about what will happen now, at all.

Archived