Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

Enjoyed that, some good goals. Best I've seen of Olson and Butterfield for some time. Russell and Olson played some good football down the left. We could have had 6 at half time. Shame about their goal, haven't a clue what Pearce thought he was doing running right out on the left where Olson already was, which then left a massive gap. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Awful defender or awful run of form?

He was a big part of our good run and when he was dropped for Shackell against West Brom there was uproar.

His confidence seems to have taken a dip and he looks disoriented at times but this is where we need a better organiser than Keogh.

Let's not berate an honest trier.

He needs longer studs on his boots then he'd be ok

Decent performance. Definitely had an end of season feel.

We played some decent stuff going forward. Russell and Ince were good, although Russell had some wasteful moments.

Johnson looks much better going forward, than holding as a midfielder and Butterfield was decent in DM (although infinitely helped by their sending off). 

Bryson was everywhere and scored a good goal. So key to helping us press from the front.

Olsson  looked better today, but hardly had any defending to do. 

Baird played decent. 

The only real black mark on today was Pearce, who was dire. Slipping over, out of position, getting turned by Dicko, letting the balll bounce. A continuation of his recent poor form and, I suspect, his death knell at the club. Reckon Rowett will be looking for a replacement in the summer.

Thought Johnny played well today, but you can't please everyone.  Bloke three seats from me hates him.  At around 85 mins, when we are winning 3-1 and JR has got two assists, hit the bar and had a couple of other opportunities, he struggles to get the ball under control and the idiot bellows "Come on Russell, f****** do something!!".  I consider this man to be a cretin.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Thought Johnny played well today, but you can't please everyone.  Bloke three seats from me hates him.  At around 85 mins, when we are winning 3-1 and JR has got two assists, hit the bar and had a couple of other opportunities, he struggles to get the ball under control and the idiot bellows "Come on Russell, f****** do something!!".  I consider this man to be a cretin.

No, that man knows. 

Respect his insight. 

Well I really enjoyed that. Sure they went down to 10 men but even before that we were running the show. Not going to get picky about a couple of bits of poor defending. We won easily 

wow .. If the opposition is as lack lustre as this lot then Butterfield might just be a find as a new DM. He had a good game and a lot of intelligent passes mixed with occasional burst forward. Best performance from him for a while if not ever in a Derby Shirt.

Johnson and Russell .. Excellent .. Yeah yeah touches sometimes are not premier league but overall they were stand out for strength effort and the goal from BJ was well taken. Johnny unlucky not to get one too. He set up a helluva lot. We bossed the middle of the park for the first time for a long time. 

I know against 10 men does make it easy but even before the red, apart from a couple of scary moments with their front men I don't think at any time we looked threatened for effort or ability. Wolves were poor. 

Nuge .. I love him he keeps their CB's busy all the time. What a buy ! Even if we only get a couple of seasons he is a gem. Skill, moral raiser, goals, proper team player.

other thoughts ....

CBOR ( cor blimey o'Reilly  ) Cyrus crossed quite a lot and they were in the zone !

Baird .. pro, mr reliable

Ince . Even on an average day he frightens folk

Did anyone see the pen appeal in the first half ?  Looked hand ball to me but not sure. Nuge was a bit theatrical on the second and it would have been unfair on Wolves if he'd won it

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I agree, I thought jonny had a better game and I have to put up with that type of criticism from a bloke behind me every game about the usual scapegoats. Two games ago we kicked off and made 2 or 3 passes, no further than 1 minute into the game and he says "this is **** isn't it"

?? 

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Dont know if its the same for anyone else, but sky sports highlights seems to only show 2 goals.

Same for me, Bryson's goal isn't there. Just a quick glimpse of him being congratulated. Apparently a good goal though :)

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

A part from missing a couple of things I thought the ref did OK. Certainly didn't just give things because the crowd shouted for it.

I thought he did well with the sending off. I know it seems like an obvious one, but there are plenty of refs who would duck out of giving the red because Johnson didn't make a meal out of it and roll around on the floor like Aguero.

I think Wolves were poor today which was a shame because their fans were good and made a good atmosphere. 

They gave Butterfield so much room he could have had the control of a horse and no one would have been near him to get the ball. Having said that Butterfield used this to his advantage and used the extra time and space to pass the ball about. Ince was good again. I was a bit dissappointed with Keogh and Pearce. Useless the pair of them.

MOTM Butterfield but only because Wolves gave him the freedom of Pride Park for the afternoon. 

Archived