Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

29/04/2017 - 29th of April 2017.

Pride Park Stadium - 3pm kick off.

Time to see who actually wants to be here for next season. Need a good performance. Wolves safe from relegation so a nothing match really.

Up the rams.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

29/04/2017 - 29th of April 2017.

Pride Park Stadium - 3pm kick off.

Time to see who actually wants to be here for next season. Need a good performance. Wolves safe from relegation so a nothing match really.

Up the rams.

I would imagine that they all want to be here next season, and if they are going to leave it until the last 2 games of the season to demonstrate it then it's probably best that they don't bother turning up at PP. Hopefully GR will already know who he would want to be here next season and these 2 games will be used constructively.

I really need us to take the 3 pts this weekend, I have 2 wagers going on with a mate at Molinuex and a mate at AV . A win  will bring a rather large smile and a few bob (If Blackburn can get a result too)

Got to get the double over Wolves and finish higher than AV this season.

COYR

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Up the rams.

We keep saying that.. I am guessing none of them then.

This would be my starting XI - 

Mitchell

Christie - Rawson - Pearce - Lowe

Johnson - Bryson

Ince - Vydra - Zanzala (If Fit)

Nugent

Think we need to be letting the kids express themselves and give them first team experience in these last 2 games when we have nothing to play for.

19 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Mitchell

Johnson - Bryson

Nugent

Think we need to be letting the kids express themselves and give them first team experience in these last 2 games when we have nothing to play for.

Rawson is on loan? Is Lowe fit?

57 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Mitchell

Johnson - Bryson

Nugent

Not sure I would put Mitchell as a deep sitting right back. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Mitchell

Johnson - Bryson

Nugent

Why do you think Rawson is any good have you watched the lad . 

Zanzala will be no were near match fit. He's only just started training again. Rawson is on loan at Coventry untill the end of the season. So no chance of those two playing. Maybe young Kyle McCalister could be bought into the squad for a bit of fist team squad experience. Everyone saying " give the youngsters a go " who ? Personally I'd say etc building for next season, and persist with the players we've got , who are going to be around next year , to continue working on the style GR wants. I'd go 

Carson 

Baird      Keogh        Pearce (anyone fit)

Bryson    Hughes 

Ince                 Johnson          Anya 

Vydra 

I personally think GR has plans for Johnson further forward , so why not try utilising him there now. 

58 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why do you think Rawson is any good have you watched the lad . 

Forgot he was on loan! But watched him 3 times for Coventry. The lad is a clear leader and very good in the air and passing. Needs to improve his decision making however.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Forgot he was on loan! But watched him 3 times for Coventry. The lad is a clear leader and very good in the air and passing. Needs to improve his decision making however.

Also his mobility he's very cumbersome IMO 

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Mitchell

Johnson - Bryson

Nugent

Unless your trying to get us relegated by getting us docked points for fielding an ineligible player Rawson won't be involved!! Zanzala hasn't played for the U23's after his injury, he's hardly going to be starting in the first team. Christie really shouldn't be playing for us again and needs to be sold. I'm not a big Carson fan but he's light years better than Mitchell.

2 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Would have liked to see Rawson alongside shackell think the youth and experience combo could work well it's a shame one's injured and the other on loan. I'm bored of keogh and Pearce. Will Stabana get a chance at right back? 

There was a question on the RD thing about playing youngsters and GR said he'd intended to play some but injuries stopped that. I *think* he also mentioned that a u23s centre half had been training with the 1st team? Could that be Cover?

20 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Is he not ready yet? Any good ? Not seen him play except for snippets thought he was supposed to be next academy product to step up .

I think he is very good but at what level and that can be said about all the U23 players. 

Rowett did say on RD he will be looking at them all in training and try to integrate some into the first team training squad.  I expect some players to leave though from the u23s this closed season 

Archived