Gary Rowett's transfer dealings

metalsheep02

32 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that the difference between us and other teams' revenue, is that most of our attendance is made up from season ticket holders, who pay a much lower rate per game.

Probably explains a lot of it. I can't see Brums non matchday revenue equaling ours, having seen their ground.

I did wonder about parachute payments, but they'd have more income than shown surely.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I did wonder about parachute payments, but they'd have more income than shown surely.

You were right to wonder about it,because their figures included a (last) parachute payment of £7.9m,which explains a high figure for tv income (where 'chute income is allocated).

35 minutes ago, ramblur said:

You were right to wonder about it,because their figures included a (last) parachute payment of £7.9m,which explains a high figure for tv income (where 'chute income is allocated).

Explains it. Good to see you back.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

The birmingham signings aren't magic. I was amazed that he wanted ryan shotton.

however its what happens next that matters.

Well if the signings weren't magic then maybe Rowett is because he left them in 7th place challenging for play offs.

Regarding Shotton, I saw an interview where Rowett explained how important he was as his speed let the team play 10 yards further forward. Maybe he sees things in players that us fans don't. Shotton was yet another that was written off very soon at our place.

Agree that it's all irrelevant though and only really care what he does next!

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if the signings weren't magic then maybe Rowett is because he left them in 7th place challenging for play offs.

Regarding Shotton, I saw an interview where Rowett explained how important he was as his speed let the team play 10 yards further forward. Maybe he sees things in players that us fans don't. Shotton was yet another that was written off very soon at our place.

Agree that it's all irrelevant though and only really care what he does next!

perhaps he's partly the reason that birmingham aren't 7th anymore.

Listen to his interviews, he absolutely knows what this team needs and will act upon it. Difference is he now has a decent budget to play with, especially if he offloads a few.

Expect to see a key player leave for big money, the fringe players to go, and a mix of one or two big money signings and promise from the lower leagues come in. And the key thing, all signings will be with the aim of formulating a balanced squad.

Im absolutely convinced he will get us to where we want to be, if not next season then the following...as long as Mel keeps calm and patient!!

I wouldn't be suprised about Ince either . I would be delighted .

Ince bent baird christie Olsson Pearce Keogh Butterfield camara roos Weimann Bennett blackman Rawdon .... 14 out 

Carson Mitchell

New RB new CH/RB cover   

Forsyth Lowe 

Shackell  New CH x2

Bryson Hughes Thorne Johnson Hanson  New CM 

Russell Nugent Martin Vydra Anya New wide forward 

6 in 

Works for me 

It'll surely be interesting summer ahead!

Every manager can make instant impact, but it's the team's development where you judge manager's ability. And as transfer dealings are maybe the biggest part of development, next four months will be crucial.

I'm hoping for the best, being excited and bit afraid at the same time.

I highly doubt that we will get rid of some of our best players.

The fringe players though will be the ones he looks to ship out.

There are always suitors in the championship especially those one their way up the league. I would be surprises to see Blackman go off to Sheff U on loan for example. 

My opinion FWIW. 

Looks like we are looking for a Nigel Clough mark 2. Sniffs out bargains, shifts deadwood, smaller squad, more grafters, and maybe more yoof. 

Happy with that. After all a lot of the promoted brewers from league 2 were rowatts. Think he knows how to build a solid team. Whether that is enough to get out of this league time will tell. 

Yes massive overhaul needed. Hope we get the targets required. Think ince should leave for his own progression. Needs to test himself in the Prem to see if he is as good as he thinks he is. 

Would like to see a season from a fully fit thorne and will. Think these two will make a massive difference. 

Not convinced by Vydra. So many scoring opportunities squandered. 

Leadbitter n Jota would help but see the latter going to the Prem. Che Adams instead more likely. Should have picked him up at Sheffield like we should have taken clucas from chesterfield n le fondre from Rotherham. 

No doubt GR will find targets we haven't thought of. Looking forward to august already. Not expecting automatic but hopefully play offs at least n see what happens. 

Need a better start that's for sure! 

6 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

How on earth could you be delighted if our best player, top scorer and only bright spark this season left?

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

Struggling to conceive of a parallel universe where losing your best player and top scorer rates as something to be 'delighted' about. 

Looking at how we have performed and how many we have scored this season when we got rid of last season's top scorer I can see where he is coming from :unsure:

3 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

My opinion FWIW. 

Looks like we are looking for a Nigel Clough mark 2. Sniffs out bargains, shifts deadwood, smaller squad, more grafters, and maybe more yoof. 

Sooner or later someone will have to point out that nigel also acquired a lot of deadwood.....

Saul deeney, keiren freeman,gareth roberts, james o'connor, tom naylor, lee croft, conor doyle, conor sammon, nathan tyson, dave martin, michael boulding, luke moore, chris maguire, chris porter, russell anderson, michael hoganson, valentin gjokai

thats a full team and seven subs.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sooner or later someone will have to point out that nigel also acquired a lot of deadwood.....

Saul deeney, keiren freeman,gareth roberts, james o'connor, tom naylor, lee croft, conor doyle, conor sammon, nathan tyson, dave martin, michael boulding, luke moore, chris maguire, chris porter, russell anderson, michael hoganson, valentin gjokai

thats a full team and seven subs.

Didn't have most of them for long though! ( I thought Gareth Roberts was a very good left back mind)

Archived