Gary Rowett's transfer dealings

metalsheep02

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Didn't have most of them for long though! ( I thought Gareth Roberts was a very good left back mind)

I was waiting for the nutter who'd say that.

P.s. my money was on Duracell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gareth Roberts was an evolutionary dead end; one of nature's failed experiments; a footnote to a footbote in the history of footballing inadequates; the sort of player who would cause even the most enthusiastic supporter to gouge out their own eyeballs; to induce blindness rather than to have endure another 90 minutes.

Maybe that is a touch harsh.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Gareth Roberts was an evolutionary dead end; one of nature's failed experiments; a footnote to a footbote in the history of footballing inadequates; the sort of player who would cause even the most enthusiastic supporter to gouge out their own eyeballs; to induce blindness rather than to have endure another 90 minutes.

Maybe that is a touch harsh.

You never got to see Mick Coop, Mick Brolley or others of the era did you?

38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sooner or later someone will have to point out that nigel also acquired a lot of deadwood.....

Saul deeney, keiren freeman,gareth roberts, james o'connor, tom naylor, lee croft, conor doyle, conor sammon, nathan tyson, dave martin, michael boulding, luke moore, chris maguire, chris porter, russell anderson, michael hoganson, valentin gjokai

thats a full team and seven subs.

Context whittles that list down to; Lee Croft, Conor Sammon, Dave Martin, Nathan Tyson, Michael Boulding and Chris Maguire. 

About half of that list were signed for the U-21s, one was set up by Jewell and Clough allowed it to go ahead, three were signed to be squad players, Moore was out of sheer desperation and Roberts shouldn't be anywhere near that list (unless you only saw 10/11)

24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

You never got to see Mick Coop, Mick Brolley or others of the era did you?

Oh yes.......brian attley, john barton, john mcalle, kenny burns, john robertson......

When Rowett signed Tesche from the dogs I rated him highly, he clearly isn't as good as I thought, but it was still a good signing for Brum.

Fabrini I rated highly a Boro so was surprised to see Brum sign him.

Keiftenbell is a good signing.

Kyle Lafferty is a good pro.

Not a bad list of players for a 5k wage budget.

15 hours ago, bucktwo said:

I wouldn't be suprised about Ince either . I would be delighted .

Ince bent baird christie Olsson Pearce Keogh Butterfield camara roos Weimann Bennett blackman Rawdon .... 14 out 

Carson Mitchell

New RB new CH/RB cover   

Forsyth Lowe 

Shackell  New CH x2

Bryson Hughes Thorne Johnson Hanson  New CM 

Russell Nugent Martin Vydra Anya New wide forward 

6 in 

Works for me 

Keogh out and Shackell in? Comical. Also, how do you intend to get all of those players out? Who will buy Blackman and pay his supposed big wages? Why get rid of Butterfield, and keep Bryson? And get rid of both of our right backs, leaving us totally short in the area? Meaning that any club selling their right back can hold out for a massive fee knowing how weak our position would be? Yeah, makes total sense. Ignoring the point on Ince that others picked up on, which you're totally wrong on.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When Rowett signed Tesche from the dogs I rated him highly, he clearly isn't as good as I thought, but it was still a good signing for Brum.

Fabrini I rated highly a Boro so was surprised to see Brum sign him.

Keiftenbell is a good signing.

Kyle Lafferty is a good pro.

Not a bad list of players for a 5k wage budget.

Is Lafferty a good pro? Taken from his time at Palermo in Italy ''club president Maurizio Zamparini called him an "out-of-control womaniser" and claimed that this lifestyle resulted in him being sold.'' from the wikipedia, now is that the kind of character we need? 

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Is Lafferty a good pro? Taken from his time at Palermo in Italy ''club president Maurizio Zamparini called him an "out-of-control womaniser" and claimed that this lifestyle resulted in him being sold.'' from the wikipedia, now is that the kind of character we need? 

That's bloody impressive considering Palermo is the basket-case of Serie A (and soon to be Serie B)

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Him and Shackell would get on well then:ph34r:

54 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I translated that to = Lafferty was a great player, but I caught him balls deep with the wife so he had to go.

Get him in ?

Archived