We take football to new levels of boring!

SWRam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it quite ironic that with our draw against Huddersfield has meant Brighton have been promoted. When in 2013 / 2014 we beat them 6 - 2 over two games in the playoffs. Why is we have gone backwards and they are on the verge of the title.  We outplayed them in the second leg but have gone nowhere since. Brighton have progressed steadily from playoff hopefuls to potential title winners. We are now a maybe for the playoffs and a big maybe at that.

How many managers have Brighton had since we beat them 6-2 on aggregate ?

Did the Brighton players all pull together and make sure the disappointment of missing out last season didn't happen again ?

Might the Brighton squad be more committed that ours ?

34 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

How many managers have Brighton had since we beat them 6-2 on aggregate ?

Did the Brighton players all pull together and make sure the disappointment of missing out last season didn't happen again ?

Might the Brighton squad be more committed that ours ?

They're certainly a lot gayer right now.

48 minutes ago, derby1884 said:

I find it quite ironic that with our draw against Huddersfield has meant Brighton have been promoted. When in 2013 / 2014 we beat them 6 - 2 over two games in the playoffs. Why is we have gone backwards and they are on the verge of the title.  We outplayed them in the second leg but have gone nowhere since. Brighton have progressed steadily from playoff hopefuls to potential title winners. We are now a maybe for the playoffs and a big maybe at that.

Poor decisions at the board level, poor football management and poor transfer activity will take any side backwards

This is what happens when players don't play on instinct. It's why teams don't change systems and be "unpredictable" every other week. It's why you shouldn't have a new manager every month.

There's no instinct. Nobody knows the plan or their role. 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

It's a must isn't it ? He was really poor today , literally offered nothing . Why Rowett didn't pull him off ill never know. 

Potentially because there were no other strikers on the bench. Isnt his contract up anyway? I think the fact his contract hasn't been renewed yet probably says exactly what's going to happen this summer. 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Should be noted in that time Brighton were close to being relegated. Gave Hughton time, made sensible transfer decisions without mass clear outs. Result - deserved promotion, best team in the league this season

You're spot on but unfortunately Morris would fire Rowett before he would have the chance to stamp his authority on the team. 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. Morris really needs to step back and let Rowett get on with it, even if the players start complaining to him again

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Potentially because there were no other strikers on the bench. Isnt his contract up anyway? I think the fact his contract hasn't been renewed yet probably says exactly what's going to happen this summer. 

Though he might have but Vydra up there with Johnny in behind . Pretty much anything to get him off the pitch today . 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You're spot on but unfortunately Morris would fire Rowett before he would have the chance to stamp his authority on the team. 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. Morris really needs to step back and let Rowett get on with it, even if the players start complaining to him again

How do you no he won't this time ? How do you know he has learnt from past mistakes? 

I try and be positive the majority of the time.  In all seriousness I really do hope the above comments are correct . I want GR here for the long term.

Archived