We take football to new levels of boring!

SWRam

11 hours ago, Davide said:

Stupid post since he's been a good goal scorer for us

My OPINION is that when Bent plays it's like having just 10 men. Yes he's got the odd goal, but he's missed many more, he's offside too much, he's lazy and in my OPINION that's not a stupid post.

Davide, do you go to the games sonny?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, philmycock said:

My OPINION is that when Bent plays it's like having just 10 men. Yes he's got the odd goal, but he's missed many more, he's offside too much, he's lazy and in my OPINION that's not a stupid post.

Davide, do you go to the games sonny?

Yes I do, and we haven't  had many goalscorers this season. Fact is he's spent half the season coming on as sub and still scored 12 goals. We need goalscorers- Nugent, Martin, Bent, Ince... all proven goalscorers and Bent is probably the best finisher at the club in my opinion. I think Martin brings more to the game overall but we got rid of him inexplicably. 

I think it's just a weird post how that would be the best thing Rowett could do when Bents been a good servant for us and scored a decent amount of goals for someone who doesn't always start !!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lets hope we get them in our midfield then. :)

Cannot see many qaulity premiership midfielders coming here, because they are the type of players Hughes will have around him if he moves on.

MMM!!! (Massively Missing Martin)

This season, we're thoroughly missing the dimension he adds to our play!  His hold up play is arguably the best in the division. We'd probably be camped in the oppositions half for at least two thirds of the game with him.

2 hours ago, SMOKE? said:

This season, we're thoroughly missing the dimension he adds to our play!  His hold up play is arguably the best in the division. We'd probably be camped in the oppositions half for at least two thirds of the game with him.

We've been camped into the oppositions half all season, but sometimes a territorial advantage means you have 10 behind the ball from their point of view, we have no room to get in behind and leave ourselves open to the counter attack. Or had you not been watching derby the last 3 seasons?

Yes Martin would be a better option than bent, but then again I think there are other CFs who can play the loan striker role just as good. Even Nugent has proved that its not hard to be an improvement on Bent.

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

We've been camped into the oppositions half all season, but sometimes a territorial advantage means you have 10 behind the ball from their point of view, we have no room to get in behind and leave ourselves open to the counter attack. Or had you not been watching derby the last 3 seasons?

Yes Martin would be a better option than bent, but then again I think there are other CFs who can play the loan striker role just as good. Even Nugent has proved that its not hard to be an improvement on Bent.

:lol: no doubt. Except Mason Bennett.

On 19/04/2017 at 10:33, RoyMac5 said:

Why?

He's a young player, who's played lots of games already, recovered from a serious injury, just, with lots of talent. Why wouldn't it be better for him to stay here and run our midfield?

Because he's given us many years and is still playing football at this level. Put simply he should be in the Premier league now developing himself. 

Id love to see him running our midfield in the premier league but the fact is that's not going to be just yet.

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Because he's given us many years and is still playing football at this level.

Just because we were so desperate for class that we had to play him at such a young age, doesn't then mean he should be playing at a higher level already. He's 22 not 28!

On 4/19/2017 at 06:43, SMOKE? said:

This made me laugh. Yes, if you want to go camping get Martin. Play football in a tent in front of the other team.  If you want to win, especially critical matches, then look elsewhere. 

Dcfc have been "camping" for the past 3 years. And now we are camped forever in this utterly boring division.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

This made me laugh. Yes, if you want to go camping get Martin. Play football in a tent in front of the other team.  If you want to win, especially critical matches, then look elsewhere. 

Dcfc have been "camping" for the past 3 years. And now we are camped forever in this utterly boring division.

To all intent and purpose he will be our marquee signing next season if he comes back. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's not what GR thinks. :)

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just because we were so desperate for class that we had to play him at such a young age, doesn't then mean he should be playing at a higher level already. He's 22 not 28!

And to improve he needs to move up a league rather than continue at a level he's been at for the last few years. 

I think if you take the emotion out of this and just look at the player then it's quite clear. 

16 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

And to improve he needs to move up a league rather than continue at a level he's been at for the last few years. 

I think if you take the emotion out of this and just look at the player then it's quite clear. 

Yet the player thinks otherwise. He thinks that playing regularly is more important than sitting on the bench lots at a Prem club.

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

15/16 season. 

Most chances created - Chris Martin

Top Goal Scorer - Chris Martin

Most assists - Chris Martin

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-in-numbers-201516-3143257.aspx

Nammatjknoydart.jpg

16/17 season.

Most new posts created - Chris Martin 

Most new #toddyfacts -  Chris Martin

Most new  £££££ - Chris Martin

:lol:

On 18 April 2017 at 09:27, David said:

Find it hard to read into much yesterday, with Rowett already submitting his transfer targets for the summer, I wouldn't be surprised if some players know their time is up at Derby. Bent for one. I've been a long time admirer of him but to see Rowett having to explain the offside rule to him on the touchline was worrying.

Ah yes.. About that...

On 25/04/2017 at 18:49, RoyMac5 said:

Yet the player thinks otherwise. He thinks that playing regularly is more important than sitting on the bench lots at a Prem club.

Well the fact is at this time yes you are right to a degree but what is unknown is whether this thinking will continue. 

And when I say to a degree it's pretty impossible to state someone's thinking unless they've told you their thoughts. If I was him watching players like Ward-Prowse for example playing premier league football I'd have a look at myself and ask why not me. 

Hope he stays but I wouldn't be shocked at him going 

• 4 months later...
On 17/04/2017 at 18:48, SWRam said:

Title says it all really.

Complete clearout needed!

Thought this was a bit of a overreaction at the time but not so sure now , admittedly it's hard to ship out players that no one wants but who from the end of last season do we really need or want to keep ? Carson, Keogh Nugent 

22 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Thought this was a bit of a overreaction at the time but not so sure now , admittedly it's hard to ship out players that no one wants but who from the end of last season do we really need or want to keep ? Carson, Keogh Nugent 

Ince Hughes

Archived