Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

If i was chris i would be so pisssssd off with Derby.

Isn't 'pissssed off with Derby' your default position at the moment?

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Sunderland have agreed a loan deal with Derby for Chris Martin and hope to convince the player to make the move to the Stadium of Light, HITC Sport understands.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/18/por-sunderland-agree-deal-with-derby-for-martin/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

The report says nothing about whether or not there's a loan fee. If true I hope it's really good financially for Derby, because there's still a lot of time left in this window for desperate clubs to enter a bidding war for a proven quality striker.

Does he want to join a club destined for League One? Chris should keep his options open for a few days and see who else comes in.

Edit: A video for @Inverurie Ram:

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The report says nothing about whether or not there's a loan fee. If true I hope it's really good financially for Derby, because there's still a lot of time left in this window for desperate clubs to enter a bidding war for a proven quality striker.

Does he want to join a club destined for League One? Chris should keep his options open for a few days and see who else comes in.

Sunderland want a striker in for Saturday! They’re not going to league one. It’s one of the biggest clubs, and if he leads them up the table they’ll no doubt want to keep him. But all I’ve read is that we’ve agreed with them to talk and that Martin is deciding : it’s not a done deal yet right ?  

I would think that he’d prefer to go to somwhere like Stoke (if Lambert is serious) just because of the proximity to Derby. Also depends on his ambition and playing time guarantees (which I guess will be significant at Sunderland given their striker crisis). 

My sense is he will prob be a black cat by Friday afternoon. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty annoyed we aren’t getting money for him really, but I guess at least it’s not to a current promotion rival.

Even if they’re only paying half of his wages from now until the end of the season it saves us the best part of £400,000

27 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sunderland want a striker in for Saturday! They’re not going to league one. It’s one of the biggest clubs, and if he leads them up the table they’ll no doubt want to keep him. But all I’ve read is that we’ve agreed with them to talk and that Martin is deciding : it’s not a done deal yet right ?  

I would think that he’d prefer to go to somwhere like Stoke (if Lambert is serious) just because of the proximity to Derby. Also depends on his ambition and playing time guarantees (which I guess will be significant at Sunderland given their striker crisis). 

My sense is he will prob be a black cat by Friday afternoon. 

I absolutely agree Sunderland are desperate. But if Martin waits to see what else is out there it's not as if Sunderland have better options. That said, I would presume those conversations are going on with other clubs behin the scenes. If nothing else looks likely I imagine you're right and he'll be donning red and white stripes come Saturday afternoon. Personally if there's the slightest chance I'd rather he waits for Crouch to go to Chelsea (I never thought I'd be typing that phrase) and Lambert to pounce for his old striker, with Martin ending up donning a different set of red and white stripes!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I absolutely agree Sunderland are desperate. But if Martin waits to see what else is out there it's not as if Sunderland have better options. That said, I would presume those conversations are going on with other clubs behin the scenes. If nothing else looks likely I imagine you're right and he'll be donning red and white stripes come Saturday afternoon. Personally if there's the slightest chance I'd rather he waits for Crouch to go to Chelsea (I never thought I'd be typing that phrase) and Lambert to pounce for his old striker, with Martin ending up donning a different set of red and white stripes!

Huh?  Have I slipped into a bizarre parallel universe? :lol:

11 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Rowett said it on RD  he said he spoken to both players and both expressed a wish to play in the Prem  I've never seen the Ince interview why didn't he say sorry boss I'm not going anywhere I'm going to help us get promoted 

You know what...it could even be the real world...where it's a bit of both!!

Rowett hears that the agent has been talking  to other clubs (who's maybe heard of Rowett's supposed prejudice against flair players...or is just trying to drum up interest to use in wage negotiations at Derby ).

Rowett has already been told he needs to sell if he wants to buy...and Ince is one of a handful of players who would command a fee he could do anything with..and potentially may not be ideal for the system he fancies.

He gets the player in.....and asks him if a big offer came in and Derby didn't stand in his way would  he go? Ince says...'errr well I'd have to think about it of course'. 

Rowett comes out the meeting thinking the rumours are true and he showed no real desire to stay. Ince thinks the club wants rid and actually why shouldnt he go then. Both feel it was the other who initiated the situation. 

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You know what...it could even be the real world...where it's a bit of both!!

Rowett hears that the agent has been talking  to other clubs (who's maybe heard of Rowett's supposed prejudice against flair players...or is just trying to drum up interest to use in wage negotiations at Derby ).

Rowett has already been told he needs to sell if he wants to buy...and Ince is one of a handful of players who would command a fee he could do anything with..and potentially may not be ideal for the system he fancies.

He gets the player in.....and asks him if a big offer came in and Derby didn't stand in his way would  he go? Ince says...'errr well I'd have to think about it of course'. 

Rowett comes out the meeting thinking the rumours are true and he showed no real desire to stay. Ince thinks the club wants rid and actually why shouldnt he go then. Both feel it was the other who initiated the situation. 

Not what Ince said.....

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Even if they’re only paying half of his wages from now until the end of the season it saves us the best part of £400,000

There’s been some wild speculation about his wages, but surely he’s not on that much a week..! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not what Ince said.....

It could be though .... agents are constantly talking to clubs about players i. e. would Ince be interested in a move potentially...? Err not at the moment...

He wouldn't be aware of any specific interest and he plans to stay...but any player is aware things change.

Rowett knows Ince was one of a very few he could sell...and suspects there is interest. Asks the player....who says (as Steve Mc did) 'I have no interest at this time I'm concentrating on my current job'.. .which as we have all seen can get twisted to mean anything!! 

Same with Chris...he may want to stay but not if he's not getting a game...if we can get a decent fee he can go...but if we can't he can stay.  It's not always black n white (!) . 

Archived