Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

11 hours ago, MauritianMonsta said:

Either Bent up top or you could try Vydra up top with Hughes or Butterfield behind with a few others tried out like Camara etc.

Something Like:

Most teams who use the 4-2-3-1 use it with a playmaker in No. 10. and not necessarily a pacey CF. Leeds - Hernandez, H'field - Mooy, Spurs - Ali, and most teams playing the formation. Would be interesting to see. 

Or there is the Bent/Vydra combo that could just be utilised.

58f27b829a437.jpg 

That's fancy.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terriers fan's view!

This should be an interesting game in which I hope we don't muck about too much with our line-up from last time out (which we probably will). We played pretty well on Friday although it was tough going against a Preston NE team that were very physical. As you all probably know we're prone to defensive lapses but we can also play a bit going forward. Should be a good un!

End of the day the team that wants enough should win! :D

1 minute ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan's view!

This should be an interesting game in which I hope we don't muck about too much with our line-up from last time out (which we probably will). We played pretty well on Friday although it was tough going against a Preston NE team that were very physical. As you all probably know we're prone to defensive lapses but we can also play a bit going forward. Should be a good un!

End of the day the team that wants enough should winc! :D

And that is exactly why you'll thrash us..

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And that is exactly why you'll thrash us..

You should know by now The Championship is impossible to predict. Owt can happen, if we play at the top of our game we can beat anybody at this level and it'll be a massacre tomorrow. :D

If we don't e.g. Fulham, Forest and Wednesday away this season then we're very vulnerable and loose badly! :(

Simple as that! So predicting becomes pointless! Here's to a great match anyway! :) 

50 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

You should know by now The Championship is impossible to predict. Owt can happen, if we play at the top of our game we can beat anybody at this level and it'll be a massacre tomorrow. :D

If we don't e.g. Fulham, Forest and Wednesday away this season then we're very vulnerable and loose badly! :(

Simple as that! So predicting becomes pointless! Here's to a great match anyway! :) 

Incidentally, you've only won three games all season by more than one goal and just the one by a three goal margin… which is something I can't quite get my head around.

1 hour ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan's view!

End of the day the team that wants enough should win! :D

i think this a nothing game and probabley played as a friendly we seem to be able to play really well when theres nowt at stake

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Incidentally, you've only won three games all season by more than one goal and just the one by a three goal margin… which is something I can't quite get my head around.

That's easy to answer mate....! We don't have an out and out goal scorer! If you look at the possession stats we've averaged around 65% all season. We create chances for fun in majority of matches (not all admittedly) but just don't take them, or we try to walk the ball into the net! It's so frustrating at times and that in my view is why we've more or less blown an automatic place. Trust me, at times we've been incredible going forward but unable to finish.

I'm just hoping we can get someone in for next season who can fill that role. Well & Kachunga have been fantastic at holding up the ball and contributing to our play but we really do lack that 'killer' striker.  :whistle:

I think we ought to wait til after the Wednesday game to have a look at the youngsters, a) to make them earn their place in the top 6 and b) for the integrity of the league, I'd be fizzin' if we were 7th with a chance of getting 6th and some team sent their young 'uns to the team above us.

On 15/04/2017 at 21:02, MauritianMonsta said:

Either Bent up top or you could try Vydra up top with Hughes or Butterfield behind with a few others tried out like Camara etc.

Something Like:

Most teams who use the 4-2-3-1 use it with a playmaker in No. 10. and not necessarily a pacey CF. Leeds - Hernandez, H'field - Mooy, Spurs - Ali, and most teams playing the formation. Would be interesting to see. 

Or there is the Bent/Vydra combo that could just be utilised.

58f27b829a437.jpg 

Different,  can't do any worse with Vydra in goal and Keogh partnering Pearce up front,  go for it, i say 

I would like to see Lowe start ahead of Olsson today, and Bennett, Jakobsen and Elsnik getting some minutes off the bench. It seems that, with Elsnik in particular, they've been on the fringes for a while and never really been given a chance.

Officially a half-fan at best...I can't go today and I can barely raise the effort to care what happens.

Trying to think about positives of giving youth a chance and playing as a team without fear...but am fooling myself...

Its like a World Cup game in the group stage when you're already out.  

Or a party where you're driving and everyone is getting tanked-up. Kinda just wanna sneak out and let the party rage-on...then make sure next time I've booked Monday off and really enjoy it.

Those who are going enjoy it..roll on next season and a fresh push!!!

Four games now where Rowett can plan for next season and try different things. Before we get to the youngsters there are plenty of other squad players Rowett needs to give a chance to prove themselves and see what they can do when starting. I'd expect four or maybe even five changes from Good Friday.

I really hope Hughes takes the midfield by the scruff of the neck and shows Rowett what he offers. And I'd love Vydra to still be wearing his scoring boots. Christie will have been chomping at the bit - as well as marauding runs and early crosses, I want to see his long throws that he does for the Republic too.

Now the pressure's all gone it'll be no surprise to see a comfortable home win.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Four games now where Rowett can plan for next season and try different things. Before we get to the youngsters there are plenty of other squad players Rowett needs to give a chance to prove themselves and see what they can do when starting. I'd expect four or maybe even five changes from Good Friday.

I really hope Hughes takes the midfield by the scruff of the neck and shows Rowett what he offers. And I'd love Vydra to still be wearing his scoring boots. Christie will have been chomping at the bit - as well as marauding runs and early crosses, I want to see his long throws that he does for the Republic too.

Now the pressure's all gone it'll be no surprise to see a comfortable home win.

I like your optimism! It's a few seasons since we haven't been either battling for the play-offs or looking over our shoulder at the drop. Feels weird, doesn't it?

I hope we get a good game of football.

Archived