Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Linked up with Hughes really well, only one has been moving in and around the box, and really the only threat to Huddersfield so far at all. I know you don't like him, but don't keep using him as a scapegoat, there's very little more he can do here

Anya,ince and especially Hughes have really been putting a shift in.

My statement regarding vydra is totally based on a non performance up to now.

If he steps up, i will also be the first to praise him.

In respect of bent.....He is never any different,he should purely be used as a supersub to score that vital goal you need.

I expect more from vydra.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think vydra has been one of our best players today mate, bent is the one who hasn't done anything. 

Bent scored a goal. He was offside, which is unusual for him, but you cant have everything.

We lack any cutting edge up front, we have a defence back 4 that looks fragile.

There is not enough running off the ball, when we do have the ball we move it far too slowly and unfortunately we just look so ordinary as a team!

We can get back into this, huddersfield haven't been anything special so far, barely had an attempt really. But sadly we have the chuckle brothers ( Olson and Pearce ) at the back so any chance they'll probably bury. Need much more energy and forward play, too many of our players are imagining a beach in Dubai 

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

As much as I've discussed and perhaps criticised Hughes' 'lack of development', I'm still delighted to see him in that team as I feel he should be starting every week. It could be a nice balance between him and Johnson in there, with the steel of BJ and the pure footballing ability of Hughes. 

I'm also very happy to see Vydra back in the team, hopefully it will only be a matter of time before he's playing in behind Martin (apologies, @Ninos and @toddy).

Let's bring a bit of pride back for the end of he season to get us all excited for next year when we storm the league.:ph34r:

COYR!

Martin is off to Wolves, please keep up!

I would say we've been much the better team. They scored early with an offside goal and have done nothing since. We've peppered their box without quite the real clear cut chances. Would Vydra's header have gone in if Bent hadn't helped it on its way from an offside position? Then Bent had his shot hit their player on the line. The quick freekick to put Vydra through was good to see, but sadly he screwed it wide. Commentary suggested we could easily had a penalty from manhandling Bennt in the box, but it's not been shown again.

It feels as if we need a little more urgency, but we have dominated the match. Hughes looks the best player on the pitch and that's good to see too.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

We lack any cutting edge up front, we have a defence back 4 that looks fragile.

There is not enough running off the ball, when we do have the ball we move it far too slowly and unfortunately we just look so ordinary as a team!

Unfortunately I have to agree. We really aren't carrying much of threat going forwards and Huddersfield look completely comfortable. 

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Zola's available.

We dont need a manager, but he could probably do a job in the starting 11.

I think we should go for John Terry though if he is leaving Chelsea this season. He's on £50,000 a week, so might have to take a pay cut, but i think he is capable of taking the step up to come here.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We dont need a manager, but he could probably do a job in the starting 11.

I think we should go for John Terry though if he is leaving Chelsea this season. He's on £50,000 a week, so might have to take a pay cut, but i think he is capable of taking the step up to come here.

I don't know mate I think we're due a managerial change. I'm bored of Rowett now.

Hes had over a month, he needs to learn to share. I haven't had a go yet. Or Bris Vegas.

Archived