Football League Paper on Derby, Mel and Rowett

Nuwtfly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, cannable said:

Pissed me off most how the players it named and shamed were Hughes (POTY in 14/15, injured for most of last year and had niggles since Christmas this), Ince and Bent (who both almost single handedly kept our promotion hopes alive this season and in 14/15). 

"Tom Ince is a class act. Will Hughes is a wonderful technician. Darren Bent a proven poacher. So it must be the manager’s fault, right?"

You are right Cannable. That journalist has made my piss so hot that I reckon l could cut through metal :lol:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I might be a bit thick....but who are the 6 PERMANENT managers in 21 months?

You ain't thick. We didn't have 6 permanent managers in 21 months. 

1. Mac the first
  2. Clement
  3. Pearson
  4. Mac the second
  5. Rowett

I'm assuming he was including Wassall in that, but he was only ever an interim manager. Powell was a temporary manager.

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, Tombo said:

In what way is that well-balanced? 

Agreed. I think the hatchet job was the author, not the owner . 

Pearson was sacked following disciplinary investigation. Wassall was only a temporary appointment. McLaren was after the newcastle job. None of those were of Mel Morris making. 

Very, very biased coverage.. Is the author a ram or someone with a grudge against us, it's hard to tell. 

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

"Tom Ince is a class act. Will Hughes is a wonderful technician. Darren Bent a proven poacher. So it must be the manager’s fault, right?"

You are right Cannable. That journalist has made my piss so hot that I reckon l could cut through metal :lol:

Context… 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

When it comes to "The Derby Way" people are stupid 

It's been explained enough times that if you don't know what it is/was then you either haven't made the effort to know before writing it off or you're just stupid.

It's a bad name but a sound philosophy. You could refer to it by another name. "The Southampton Way". Or even "The Swansea Way" heading back to Martinez

Then it's not so funny is it? When there's proof it's taken teams from the FL's arse to European football. To trophies. 

You might not buy into such an approach but if you don't know what it is then you've been ignorant or you're stupid. 

the confusion might stem from people not seeing with their own eyes what they hear with their ears.

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

You ain't thick. We didn't have 6 permanent managers in 21 months. 

1. Mac the first
  2. Clement
  3. Pearson
  4. Mac the second
  5. Rowett

I'm assuming he was including Wassall in that, but he was only ever an interim manager. Powell was a temporary manager.

If I'm being honest there's a few there that if we are being balanced and fair then although they are on the list and add to the tally and it's supposed proof of meglamel, do we as insiders/fans of Derby with more knowledge really count Mac 1 sacking ,he was not mels appointment just the present encumbant when Mel took over but also with all the Newcastle crap and collapse do I count mac1 in the evidence against Mel ? NO

clement ? Yep fair play either poor appointment or ruthless / trigger happy sacking ,, if non football reasons then say so or it's football reasons

pearson? Yep see above 

Mac 2 ? you pays your money you makes your choice , for me I believe he was always earmarked as short term in mels head if true ?, ruthless ? Unfair to Mac?      Goes round comes round ,, fair play Mel , suck it up Steve ,, remember Newcastle mate?

rowett just appointed wait and see

so perhaps when looked at fairly and honestly from fans with knowledge of our clubs goings on perhaps not the meglamel trigger happy headline that's good copy to write without any little research and balance

2 hours ago, archied said:

If I'm being honest there's a few there that if we are being balanced and fair then although they are on the list and add to the tally and it's supposed proof of meglamel, do we as insiders/fans of Derby with more knowledge really count Mac 1 sacking ,he was not mels appointment just the present encumbant when Mel took over but also with all the Newcastle crap and collapse do I count mac1 in the evidence against Mel ? NO

clement ? Yep fair play either poor appointment or ruthless / trigger happy sacking ,, if non football reasons then say so or it's football reasons

pearson? Yep see above 

Mac 2 ? you pays your money you makes your choice , for me I believe he was always earmarked as short term in mels head if true ?, ruthless ? Unfair to Mac?      Goes round comes round ,, fair play Mel , suck it up Steve ,, remember Newcastle mate?

rowett just appointed wait and see

so perhaps when looked at fairly and honestly from fans with knowledge of our clubs goings on perhaps not the meglamel trigger happy headline that's good copy to write without any little research and balance

There's a bit of fantasy in there and avoidance of facts.

Morris has now sacked 3 managers that he appointed after a poor run of 10 or so games. Two of them had previously had achieved  longer runs with hardly a defeat in sight.

Trigger happy is a completely suitable description with little research needed to justify it.

8 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Morris has now sacked 3 managers that he appointed after a poor run of 10 or so games. Two of them had previously had achieved  longer runs with hardly a defeat in sight.

Trigger happy is a completely suitable description with little research needed to justify it.

That's what I whittled it down to as opposed to the attention grabbing headline which taken on face value makes him seem twice as bad, ,, in his time at Derby Mel has appointed then sacked 3 managers ,, for me that's the cold hard facts and a bit different from the picture painted ? I'm not going to try to defend those sacking by non football rumours because as I say if there are non football reasons then state that or they are for football reasons ,, also I may be totally wrong but I do feel Mac 2 was never long term in Mels plans but fairs fair , he never stated that at time of appointment so it has to count ,

I so mel has appointed and sacked three managers in what time scale ? 2 years? 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:42, Wolfie said:

Not really, seeing as it's so anti-Mel.

The stats are very much not on Mel Morris' side... we do look like a bit of a joke on the exterior due to the revolving door style employment, and so far, with no success to show for it.

11 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

3 hours ago, archied said:

That's what I whittled it down to as opposed to the attention grabbing headline which taken on face value makes him seem twice as bad, ,, in his time at Derby Mel has appointed then sacked 3 managers ,, for me that's the cold hard facts and a bit different from the picture painted ? I'm not going to try to defend those sacking by non football rumours because as I say if there are non football reasons then state that or they are for football reasons ,, also I may be totally wrong but I do feel Mac 2 was never long term in Mels plans but fairs fair , he never stated that at time of appointment so it has to count ,

I so mel has appointed and sacked three managers in what time scale ? 2 years? 

Just to point out that Pearson left by mutual consent and wasn't sacked.

"Derby County Football Club can today confirm that they have mutually agreed to part company with Nigel Pearson with immediate effect," said the Rams in a statement.

"As a result of the mutual termination of Nigel's employment agreement with Derby County, any disciplinary process has now ceased.

"The Board of Derby County will now turn their attention to appointing a new manager as soon as possible and expect to announce a successor in a timely fashion."

On 23/03/2017 at 11:32, Nuwtfly said:

"Rowett is Derby’s sixth permanent boss in 21 months, two more than Massimo Cellino has employed at Leeds in the same period. Considering the Italian is paraded as a trigger-happy nutjob, what does that make Mel Morris?"

Well worth a read if you haven't already!

http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/7689/dunlavy-column-how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-derby-county/

i thik this is spot on

The balance of the team is wrong we all know that, GR will put that right in the summer, it might mean selling one or two players that we dont want to sell to bring in the cash to ensure we are ok with the FFP rules. The ones we want toget rid off will probably be more difficult due to high wages and under performing.

lets see , feeling better about next year than i ever did for this. Remember the first game against Brighton, we all knew we were in trouble from then. The little Macflurrish only glossed over the fact we have an unbalanced team.

Going over the old ground constantly does not mean the current manager is wrong. What good is it to run over old stuff? None of us and I mean NONE of us know all the facts behind choices that have been made.

Most on here seem happy with Rowett and cannot change the past. Why not look forward and see if this time things work out. All this constant carping on the side lines doesn't help. UTR.

Archived