Vydra

Jimbo Ram

9 hours ago, Simsy said:

Is that down to him or McLaren's tactics? A lot of what you are criticising him for isn't even his own fault.

I don't mind you not rating Vydra its obviously fine to have different opinions but you need to try hold your tongue more. When you have a genuine dislike for a player a lot of focus is what they are doing wrong. Take Wigan away for example for a lot of us he was great but I think from memory you said he was poor. That is exactly the reason I think no matter how he plays you will say he is poor because from the off you are judging him unfairly.

Don't get me wrong he does need to start firing but we do need him to play in his correct position to really see what he is about. Until then, leave the gun unloaded. :)

You're right about my thoughts on Wigan away. I completely agree that my thoughts are prejudiced but likewise, if I feel he does play well I will say so. I'm not alone in my thoughts though am I?

Even if you're playing behind the front man, you can still get in the box. A striker should know where the goal is and show a predatory instinct, he doesn't have this at the moment and only seems to have had it one year in his career.

Im sure we both want what's best for Derby - i.e Derby winning and of course it's a huge frustration when I believe we are playing someone who contributes nothing. 

Anyway - I'll still express my view but I wasn't the one who bought the topic back to the front page. Here's to a win on Saturday...

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rammieib said:

You're right about my thoughts on Wigan away. I completely agree that my thoughts are prejudiced but likewise, if I feel he does play well I will say so. I'm not alone in my thoughts though am I?

Even if you're playing behind the front man, you can still get in the box. A striker should know where the goal is and show a predatory instinct, he doesn't have this at the moment and only seems to have had it one year in his career.

Im sure we both want what's best for Derby - i.e Derby winning and of course it's a huge frustration when I believe we are playing someone who contributes nothing.

Anyway - I'll still express my view but I wasn't the one who bought the topic back to the front page. Here's to a win on Saturday...

Yeah fair enough!

Just remember if he starts scoring you may face a backlash ;)

On 09/02/2017 at 12:26, Simsy said:

Is that down to him or McLaren's tactics? A lot of what you are criticising him for isn't even his own fault.

I don't mind you not rating Vydra its obviously fine to have different opinions but you need to try hold your tongue more. When you have a genuine dislike for a player a lot of focus is what they are doing wrong. Take Wigan away for example for a lot of us he was great but I think from memory you said he was poor. That is exactly the reason I think no matter how he plays you will say he is poor because from the off you are judging him unfairly.

Don't get me wrong he does need to start firing but we do need him to play in his correct position to really see what he is about. Until then, leave the gun unloaded. :)

Reminds me of another striker that the club has out on loan :ph34r:

I really want him to come good and was happy to see him 'replace' Chris. 

He really isn't cutting it.  Doesn't look like it's going to come off...snatching at chances, every slip he makes the opposition seize upon, lacking in confidence generally. 

Bent isn't scoring and he still isn't really getting a look-in...says it all...if not now when? Shame but think he may have to be moved on Weimann Mk 11.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:26, Simsy said:

Take Wigan away for example for a lot of us he was great but I think from memory you said he was poor. That is exactly the reason I think no matter how he plays you will say he is poor because from the off you are judging him unfairly.

Are there any other examples of his excellent play being interpreted as poor, or is it just the Wigan game?

23 hours ago, rammieib said:

He did get into the box but the ball to him was bot good enough. There was at least 2 times where he made the run and Butterfield's pass didn't quite get through to him. There was a cross from the right that went behind him and he tried to improvise with a scorpion kick and ended kicking their cb in the head.

And that is just off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

He did get into the box but the ball to him was bot good enough. There was at least 2 times where he made the run and Butterfield's pass didn't quite get through to him. There was a cross from the right that went behind him and he tried to improvise with a scorpion kick and ended kicking their cb in the head.

And that is just off the top of my head.

And that was 15 yards out with an angle. I'm talking 6-12 yards out getting in behind the striker where goals happen.... Andy King position.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And that was 15 yards out with an angle. I'm talking 6-12 yards out getting in behind the striker where goals happen.... Andy King position.

Like I said he made the runs. He can't score if he hasn't got the ball. He made the runs, not his fault the ball didn't reach him.

I could see a place for Vydra next season, much easier to have him as an option when Martin is back. This would be a very attacking line up and requires a lot of running from our lively full backs...

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

Thorne

Ince     Hughes    Bryson

Martin   Vydra

12 hours ago, rynny said:

Reminds me of another striker that the club has out on loan :ph34r:

Yeah I know, that's why I understand where he is coming from because I know I'm the same with Martin.  But difference is I've seen Martin play game after game for years so my judgement is far more creditable. 

With vydra he's not had a proper crack of the whip... so I get the quick to moan bit but an overall picture... nah!

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah I know, that's why I understand where he is coming from because I know I'm the same with Martin.  But difference is I've seen Martin play game after game for years so my judgement is far more creditable. 

With vydra he's not had a proper crack of the whip... so I get the quick to moan bit but an overall picture... nah!

How many goals did Martin score and create during those years? 

Archived