Vydra

Jimbo Ram

6 minutes ago, curb said:

Then again, he's had a few one on ones and fluffed them, maybe Ince thought having a go himself was a better option than giving Vydra another one.

Vydra runs, but doesn't get anywhere near where the ball ends up, so ultimately they aren't the right runs, there is no evidence whatsoever that him and Nugent would work together even if they got the chance, which they won't.

Vydra is now third choice, if Martin returns he's fourth choice. I'd be surprised if he gets on the field again this season, and he wouldn't have any cause for complaint if he didn't, he's had enough chances.

Vydra will get on the pitch this season, Mac rates him and quite rightly so.

Lets not forget he was bought under Pearson and was trying to apply his trade in a Pearson team, the poor lad must have had the stuffing knocked out of him.

There isn't any evidence to suggest Ronaldo and Messi would work well together, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it would.

Both Nugent and Vydra are quick, Nugent can hold the ball up, Vydra can finish, regardless of what we have seen. Let's review at the end of the season with the facts.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vydra will get on the pitch this season, Mac rates him and quite rightly so.

Lets not forget he was bought under Pearson and was trying to apply his trade in a Pearson team, the poor lad must have had the stuffing knocked out of him.

There isn't any evidence to suggest Ronaldo and Messi would work well together, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it would.

Both Nugent and Vydra are quick, Nugent can hold the ball up, Vydra can finish, regardless of what we have seen. Let's review at the end of the season with the facts.

OK let's.

Watford had our pants down.

I doubt he'll come good anytime soon either, he's been pretty poor without Troy Deeney's presence; WBA, Reading, Udinese. Never managed to make the step up in the Prem.

Signing him and then selling Martin was possibly the dumbest thing Pearson could've done, he's a player he'd have played off perfectly in a 442.

Expecting a big loss, ditto Weimann Blackman.

It doesn't matter that he's quick? 

Sammon was big, strong and quick.

Not trying to get everyone to turn on him. I'm not one to turn on players.

But it's another case of a runner getting a pass on account of his running while Nick Blackman gets no such allowances. 

Vydra has done nothing that Blackman hasn't. He's missed more sitters. The only difference is Blackman has never played for a Derby side in form. 

52 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The only difference is Blackman has never played for a Derby side in form. 

Disagree. It was Blackmans fault when we were 3-0 up against Rotherham last season when he came on and stuffed it up. ✌? Booooolackman.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

It doesn't matter that he's quick? 

Sammon was big, strong and quick.

Not trying to get everyone to turn on him. I'm not one to turn on players.

But it's another case of a runner getting a pass on account of his running while Nick Blackman gets no such allowances. 

Vydra has done nothing that Blackman hasn't. He's missed more sitters. The only difference is Blackman has never played for a Derby side in form. 

Very harsh Alpha there. I agree that he doesn't fit into the current system but let's not forget that he was championship player of the year a few years ago so he clearly has the talent at this level. I think he might be best suited to the left hand side of the front 3, like Bamford fitted into the right hand side of the front 3. Russell hasn't contributed enough offensively for me all season so I'd like to see Vydra given a go there at one point. He can play off David Nugent.

Vydra.  Nugent.  Ince as the front 3.

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very harsh Alpha there. I agree that he doesn't fit into the current system but let's not forget that he was championship player of the year a few years ago so he clearly has the talent at this level. I think he might be best suited to the left hand side of the front 3, like Bamford fitted into the right hand side of the front 3. Russell hasn't contributed enough offensively for me all season so I'd like to see Vydra given a go there at one point. He can play off David Nugent.

Vydra.  Nugent.  Ince as the front 3.

It's irrelevant what he did for another team a few years ago. Sammon scored goals for Kilmarnock once.

Russell had done more than Vydra. His best work has been defensively but he's at least offered that.

No way on earth will McClaren move Ince from where he's doing well to fit Vydra in. Why would we accommodate someone. They either adapt and fit or move on. Vydra has to earn his place. Same with Nugent. McClaren isn't about to start dropping our two top scorers just like that and he won't move Ince for Vydra at all. 

He's done as much as Blackman. Less than Weimann! 

He needs to adapt or his running around that buys him some support from fans won't be enough to buy him a future at Derby. He's got loads to do

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's irrelevant what he did for another team a few years ago. Sammon scored goals for Kilmarnock once.

Russell had done more than Vydra. His best work has been defensively but he's at least offered that.

No way on earth will McClaren move Ince from where he's doing well to fit Vydra in. Why would we accommodate someone. They either adapt and fit or move on. Vydra has to earn his place. Same with Nugent. McClaren isn't about to start dropping our two top scorers just like that and he won't move Ince for Vydra at all. 

He's done as much as Blackman. Less than Weimann! 

He needs to adapt or his running around that buys him some support from fans won't be enough to buy him a future at Derby. He's got loads to do

Sorry that was meant to be Vydra left wing and Ince right wing. Get my lefts and rights mixed up at times :lol:. Russel has been reliable defensively but even then there have been occasions where he has switched off defensively like Norwich away where we were lucky not to be punished more. Vydra is our most expensive signing in our history rightly or wrongly but for me, we should try and fit him into the team somehow. We must not forget that we are the second lowest scorers in the division still. We can't keep relying on our defence to keep clean sheets every game because that's impossible. I think having another goal scorer on the other side may benefit Ince because it will mean he has more space to work with because defenders won't know who to pick up. You talk about his running but hasn't Russell only done that recently?

I think Vydra is our next Weimann.

I'm a fan of both players, but I believe Weimann's best position is as a striker, not out wide. I was excited and worried when we got him because I feared we'd also push him out wide, when his best performances for Villa were through the middle. I fully expect Weimann to leave soon, he needs to be at a club that plays him centrally.

Vydra I hoped would kickstart whatever Pearson was trying to create, a string of games to get match sharpness back, and he'd be banging them in. Pearson also managed to **** that up good and proper. 

Alpha is right, SMC won't just drop Bent to accomodate Nugent or Vydra, but if CM isn't coming back, 3 (4 counting Blackman, debatable) strikers to choose from isn't a bad position to be in. 

i forgot about Blackman, that could put Vydra even further down the pecking order, Steve Mac hasn't had them both fit, so we don't really know which one he'd pick out the two.

I would expect Blackman or Vydra to go out on loan to a lower Championship team, maybe both if Martin returns.

Get him on loan somewhere that'll make him look good, raise his value a bit and then sell him.

I've said that he'll come good for ages, but the circumstances have changed. We're probably going to have a veteran strike force of players who are reliable and fit the system. Martin's shown how good he is in this system, Bent's shown his good he can be in this system and Nugent offers more than Vydra for me.

Not fair to make him sit behind those 3 for 6 months or so.

21 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Get him on loan somewhere that'll make him look good, raise his value a bit and then sell him.

I've said that he'll come good for ages, but the circumstances have changed. We're probably going to have a veteran strike force of players who are reliable and fit the system. Martin's shown how good he is in this system, Bent's shown his good he can be in this system and Nugent offers more than Vydra for me.

Not fair to make him sit behind those 3 for 6 months or so.

Easier said than done because you can't play for more than 2 different clubs in one season 

Vydra has proved he can be a very good player at this level and I for one am not ready to throw him under the bus yet ,, what I am prepared to do is put a bit of trust in s Mac to sort it all out because I believe that we now have real versatility up front and an option to have that plan b or c or even d if and when needed in a way we perhaps did nt quite have in terms of depth and quality during Mac 1 ,, we have our system and I'm not saying throw it out and start again but we do need to pose teams different problems when needed ,, now I believe that will come on the training ground with this group of players working with a good coach and getting to know each other ( it's easy to forget we have had a big influx of players in a short time during a period of managerial instability ) time is what's needed for these players to get to know each other's games , strengths and weaknesses for us to get to a point where we can tweak the starting line up or bring subs on and change it up seamlessly , I trust Mac to produce this ,, I wanted Pearson but if I'm honest his major weakness seemed to be not making players feel valued and part of things when not being a first name on the team sheet players , he tended to give the impression of freezing players out and punishing them ,, may be wrong but it's just the feeling I get from watching both in action ,, I think we are to quick as fans at this stage to label players as not fitting our system rather than the positive alternative view that these players can give us a real versatility is handled and used properly 

Archived