We need to get behind Rowett

Sexydadbod

Whatever issues we have with the players and the owner( and rightly so) we need to put to one side and transmit the anger and frustration into supporting Rowett. He's a nice man and it's not his fault he has been caught up in the middle of all of this. The only way the players and board will get the message is if we continue to back the manager no MATTER what. Any sign of weakness from Rowett and you can bet that the players will go running off to uncle Mel again so it's our duty to support Rowett to make him know that we are on his side.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the response to Rowett has been pretty good as far as a new manager goes really. There are some concerns but I think that's mainly due to how the club has been run recently and uncertainties how that will continue under Rowett. I remember quite a large divide in opinions regarding Pearson but there hasn't been any real disagreements with the Rowett appointment. A few constructive reservations or doubts, but that is always going to happen no matter who we get. I'd say the vast majority, on this board at least, are behind Rowett as a person and a manager, and that's a pretty rare sight.

Just now, Kernow said:

I think the response to Rowett has been pretty good as far as a new manager goes really. There are some concerns but I think that's mainly due to how the club has been run recently and uncertainties how that will continue under Rowett. I remember quite a large divide in opinions regarding Pearson but there hasn't been any real disagreements with the Rowett appointment. A few constructive reservations or doubts, but that is always going to happen no matter who we get. I'd say the vast majority, on this board at least, are behind Rowett as a person and a manager, and that's a pretty rare sight.

Absolutely echo @Kernow's thoughts here. I think the concerns are being more directed at Mel Morris, and his need for patience, than at Rowett. He's one of the most exciting young British managers out there. This is a great coup for our club. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Whatever issues we have with the players and the owner( and rightly so) we need to put to one side and transmit the anger and frustration into supporting Rowett. He's a nice man and it's not his fault he has been caught up in the middle of all of this. The only way the players and board will get the message is if we continue to back the manager no MATTER what. Any sign of weakness from Rowett and you can bet that the players will go running off to uncle Mel again so it's our duty to support Rowett to make him know that we are on his side.

Exactly right McLovin, couldn't agree more ????

Im all for supporting the manager because in recent times they seem to be the 'Sacrificial Ram'.

IMO now is the time for us to unify and offer our undying support for DCFC to the manager. It appears they are the one employee who in which ever guise has not received it from anyone in the club.

We support the players week in week out no matter what, but it appears to me that some of the playing staff in my opinion are the root of all that is rotten in this club. 

"Gary Rowetts black and white army!"

20 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm even more excited about Rowett's appointment than I was about Clement's!

And I did a little sex wee when Clement was appointed.

I don't know what a sex wee is but it made me laugh.

I did see a website once that was based on that theme but it didn't appeal to me.

And of course get behind Rowett 100%.

26 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I want to know what @B4ev6is thinks.  The lad's been very quiet recently.  I'm awaiting the usual "Let's shout & cheer lot so the lads know how much we love them..." posts come Thurs/Fri...

And people reckon our dip in form was down to McClaren and player unrest...

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely echo @Kernow's thoughts here. I think the concerns are being more directed at Mel Morris, and his need for patience, than at Rowett. He's one of the most exciting young British managers out there. This is a great coup for our club. 

Absolutely. It's incredibly rare to hire a manager at this level with experience in the Championship AND no actual failures. The fact he's been sacked, but has not actually 'failed' yet is a strange one, but strange in a positive way. I think that is a large reason behind the absence of any real criticism of Rowett's appointment itself. Any criticism I've seen has been of the ownership rather than Gary Rowett. It does also make a nice change to get a manager who most clubs in this division would take if they were looking for a boss and he was available. We had to act quick to get in ahead of Norwich. I think with McClaren we were probably the only Championship club who would've actually hired him.

I think the fact that most now understand we have a mish-mash of a squad, added with Rowett's CV as of yet not having any failures on it, he will be afforded time by your average supporter.

The likes of Mac2, Clement, Wassall and Pearson came in with much higher fan expectations. It will work in Rowett's favour that we're in a bit of a mess right now.

However, I'm not sure Mel understands our current predicament so I will await GR's sacking the moment he takes us on a poor run of form.

Archived