Dilly Ding Dilly Gone

Kernow

Leicester right to sack Ranieri?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Rams fan so I'm not bothered what fester do with their manager. If they are relegated good, their fans are tw@tz always were, always will be and they are even bigger @r5ewipes this season with their you'll never sing that song to the likes of Everton,Sunderland and us. Wouldn't be surprised they if they sing it to Liverpool as some people seem to think there was no champions of England until Sky started broadcasting the premiership.

11 hours ago, David said:

Right move by Leicester, no place for sentiment in the game today.

I knew someone would say this, quite surprised to find it's our esteemed leader saying it though, 'cos it's b0llox!

Of all the things that professional football needs, sentimentality is in the top one. Without sentiment what do you have left? A load of blokes kicking a ball around, and that's it. They may enjoy it, they may be very good at it, but who would care? It's only when supporters make an emotional investment in a club that football comes to life.

It's often said that the so called big clubs don't really need their fans, and a clubs supporters only contribute a small percentage of turnover. But, consider, without diehard, longstanding allegiances to teams how many would pay money for TV subscriptions or even bother to watch on a regular basis?

No sentiment means no fans, no fans means no TV money, no sponsorship money and no interest. R.I.P. professional football.

In football, sentiment is EVERYTHING!

10 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I knew someone would say this, quite surprised to find it's our esteemed leader saying it though, 'cos it's b0llox!

Of all the things that professional football needs, sentimentality is in the top one. Without sentiment what do you have left? A load of blokes kicking a ball around, and that's it. They may enjoy it, they may be very good at it, but who would care? It's only when supporters make an emotional investment in a club that football comes to life.

It's often said that the so called big clubs don't really need their fans, and a clubs supporters only contribute a small percentage of turnover. But, consider, without diehard, longstanding allegiances to teams how many would pay money for TV subscriptions or even bother to watch on a regular basis?

No sentiment means no fans, no fans means no TV money, no sponsorship money and no interest. R.I.P. professional football.

In football, sentiment is EVERYTHING!

It's not ****** and if you read the thread I'm not the only person to see this so not sure why I've been called out for it. Can link you to a number of journalists that agree, it's where the game is today, like it or not.

Last season is last season, winning a title doesn't give you immunity from the sack. Who's to say Ranieri wouldn't have walked had they gone down? There is no loyalty in football anymore be it owners, managers or players.

This isn't the first manager to be sacked following a title win, obviously Leicesters is slightly different given the size of the club but football is a results game and you quickly move on.

I do wonder if Ranieri wasn't so liked in the media and this was a Billy Davies type manager the outrage wouldn't be anywhere near what it is.

Don't like Leicester City but Ranieri is a man of honour in my eyes. 

Never ever will anyone else achieve what he did with Leicester.

He went to the Leicester training ground for 41 minutes  this morning and said his goodbyes and then said to SSN he feels good now because of what he achieved  

C5YC7WwWEAE9N-D.jpg

Ah....football journalists, I always wonder why if these chaps know all the answers why they don't actually manage a club and earn some big money and revel in all the success their knowledge and expertise would undoubtedly bring.

They are full of their own self importance, watch them on that programme Sky give them on a Sunday morning, they are full of it, when one of them has played/managed at the highest level, their opinions might be worth considering but until such time they are just the same as any other football observer to me, capable of talking absolute sh1te, albeit it with better words.

Moving on to Ranieri's sacking and his alleged loss of the dressing room, his players should have been bursting a gut for him this season, he's put a medal in their cabinets at home that players far better than them never got, I'm thinking Gascoigne (spelling) Gerrard, there will be others, but no, these one season wonders are now experts in how the game should have been played and know better than the bloke who guided them to something they'll never repeat in their careers, tossers, the lot of them, hope they end up with Pearson. 

Same players + Pearson = JUST survived.

Same players + CR = Won Prem.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

At the end of the day fame is fleeting but glory lasts forever. (I wasn't around in 66, but the whole thing is carved onto the back of my eyeballs by the English Football culture).

CR is now frozen in time with his Prem win and it will just get better and better over time, as unless Leicester get bought by someone colossally wealthy they won't do it again.

Sentiment is everything for fans in football. I am living for the day when there is an almost audible 'click' and we get it right and DCFC writes another glorious chapter. Thats why I turn up. 

Yes, its all about money now. Non-fan owners can be seen basking in the reflected glory, standing awkwardly wearing scarves that were probably still in the plastic 30 minutes before.

But nobody remembers them.

Question for those that disagree with the sacking.

Let's say Ranieri wasn't sacked, he's still there now. How many seasons does he have before it's acceptable to sack him, and which league/postition would Leicester need to be?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Question for those that disagree with the sacking.

Let's say Ranieri wasn't sacked, he's still there now. How many seasons does he have before it's acceptable to sack him, and which league/postition would Leicester need to be?

He may have stayed in the Premier League. 

He deserved the chance to try to do that at least IMO. 

They may still get relegated with Shakespeare although he was the man behind Pearson also at Leicester which I said at the time on here when Pearson came to Derby. 

I said Pearson would miss Shakespeare and Walsh. 

Just now, curtains said:

He may have stayed in the Premier League. 

He deserved the chance to try to do that at least IMO. 

They may still get relegated .

Of course. There's no guarantees in football, be it resting players in cup games focusing on the league, manager sackings, appointments and player signings. Every move is a gamble.

If they went down would it have been acceptable to sack him?

Just now, David said:

Of course. There's no guarantees in football, be it resting players in cup games focusing on the league, manager sackings, appointments and player signings. Every move is a gamble.

If they went down would it have been acceptable to sack him?

Sorry I did that edit thing again mate. 

It's not acceptable to sack the guy IMO after what he did last season with a team like Leicester but Shakespeare who is now temporarily in the managers seat was behind Pearson and Ranieris success as was Walsh. 

No guarantees at all in Football but Shakespeare could do well. 

Mancini has distanced himself from the job I believe. 

Archived