Dilly Ding Dilly Gone

Kernow

Leicester right to sack Ranieri?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I like your sentiments at the end, but if it really was that cut and dried I.E losing 2 places for bad luck 3 places for influential players etc., then management would be easy.

Nevertheless these are probably the main reasons for why Leicester have underachieved this term. I have simply tried to estimate how many places they would drop given just one of each of these occurences happening. The reality is that it's a combination of all of them that has resulted in the foxes having such a severe drop.

The rumoured rift behind the scenes you can lump in with the players being fannies, and dissatisfaction with their style and lineups as Ranieri has tried to switch things round to cope with Prem teams getting wiser, their defensive style being impacted upon and the loss of Kante.

Even if you could attribute points losses to each of these unfortunate events management would still be far from easy as how obviously Kante didn't get replaced and how could Ranieri have stopped Chelsea's resurgence, prevented plain old bad luck, and magically make the champions league games have no impact on them?

Football went totally mad a long time ago to be fair.

I remember some time ago when Leicester started this poor run of form that out of respect and thanks for winning the league that Ranieri should be able to leave on his own terms no matter what.

I thought to myself if it was our club, Id rather us actually get relegated the year after winning the league, than sack the coach who got you the title in the first place. Ok so Chelsea won the league with Mourinhio, and then after getting close to the bottom 3, they sacked him months into the new season. But that was Chelsea, the club that is more up its own arse than any other in the world.

They should have made a statue outside their ground of Ranieri, and less than one year later they fire him!

Unbelievable Jeff !

If ever you wanted proof that every club runs to a tight financial model and relegation from pretty much any league is the worst thing possible, then this is it.

They'll never win the league again, but they will probably get umpteen relegations and promotions under their belt.
If they had any sense they should do a Wigan, revel in winning a major competition that whey will never win again, and so what if they go down its not the end of the world.

I really do hope they go down now, to teach those stupid Thais a lesson on how now to treat people.

Maybe they will get bored soon and sell up and move on to their next play thing.

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Vardy has got pace, topped the premiership charts and is an english international.

Martin chose scotland because hes overweight and is someway off the above.

Or Martin chose Scotland because his father is actually Scottish. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Right move by Leicester, no place for sentiment in the game today. I'm sure there was no expections of finishing top 4 again, had they been comfortably mid table in the league he would still be in the job today. They've gone from one extreme to another with players on big money now. 

Replacing Ranieri won't guarantee survival but there were no signs of heading in the right direction. 2-0 loss to a relegation rival followed by the FA Cup loss to 10 men Millwall. No win in the league since December. 

If true players have also approached the owners they were left with little choice, as was Abramovich with Mourinho last season.

Lose the dressing room and its game over, this is all on the players 100%, feel sad for Ranieri fine but also understand the owners were left with little choice, last season is history now. I'm sure Ranieri will do well out of this and be back in work by the summer which will lift the club he walks into.

Plus it's nice to see Lineker cry.

Lol

you are serious aren't you.

ronnie.....CASE CLOSED.

7 minutes ago, David said:

100%. So Leicester are in the wrong to sack a manager 1pt above the bottom 3 with a squad on huge wages that are not behind him?

Bowing to player pressure - especially a group who have heads in the clouds - is not a good idea.

many of the supposedly big players will be gone soon enough anyway.

the big test is always how to deal with failure. Success is easy.

back the manager.

especially one who won the league.

to hear that the group were pissed off because he picked Musa ahead of Gray is comical.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bowing to player pressure - especially a group who have heads in the clouds - is not a good idea.

back the manager.

to hear that the group were pissed off because he picked Musa ahead of Gray is comical.

They can't rate musa then! 

Then again Pearson kept picking Blackman over Martin and leaving Hughes on the bench!

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

back the manager.

I think they have collectively damaged their stock. 

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

back the manager.

That would come at the risk of relegation, could they afford it? Of course but bouncing back up isn't that easy, especially when the manager will have to go through a complete rebuild, Villa prime example of that.

Easier and cheaper to replace 1 man than 20 odd and the honeymoon period of a new man in charge gives them better hope of staying up.

Whats to stop Ranieri resigning if they got relegated, would he have remained loyal to the club? Who knows.

Player power exists, Chelsea last season under Mourinho and it was clear our squad wasn't behind Pearson either, the manager will always lose out. Not saying I approve of it or like it but it's where we are today and I understand why owners pull the trigger.

Leicester players should be ashamed of themselves, instead they are probably high fiving each other and will go on a unbeaten run, it's wrong, so wrong. 

It's a shame what's happened but I think it was the right decision. They've only won five league games this season, that's absolutely atrocious - regardless of what happened last season.

He's clearly lost the dressing room and back to his old ways of tinkering - there's rarely any coming back from that. I find it unlikely Leicester would have stayed up under Ranieri, whereas now I suspect they will get someone in who will win a few games and keep them up. Much like the Mourinho sacking, I think the owners will be proved right.

Archived