Paul Clement

Waffle

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 5 April 2017 at 23:32, MuespachRam said:

I actually think it's funny he is going to take them down. 

Looks like he isn't.

he has done a great job there.

On 06/04/2017 at 00:32, MuespachRam said:

I actually think it's funny he is going to take them down. 

Didn't you say that Jesse Lingard would never make a footballer?

48 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Your summons will arrive by Tuesday 

I'd better come home from holiday a couple of days early then.

A lot of revisionist Clement arse licking going on at the moment. I find it very weird that he gets way more respect than Clough or McClaren do, despite those two doing immewsurably more for Derby than he ever did.

He and Mel managed to undo a lot of the good work those two did, in my opinion. The mini revival under Daz Waz was the only way we made the play-off's last season, I think we would have dropped under Clement.

Suits the job he ha dot do at Swansea but I'll remember him for killing off the style of play we'd been so successful with, despite having Martin, Thorne and Ince all playing together, a luxury we've barely had recently.

On the outside it was a ridiculously harsh sacking which is why so many feel for the bloke and happy to see him succeed.

I feel no sympathy for him, nor do I dislike him, kinda like an ex after a short relationship that you knew would never work and was over before you grew any emotional attachment for. 

Interesting to compare him head to head with Silva at Hull who arrived at a similar time and were relegated today.

Clement W7 D2 L9

Silva W8 D3 L10

Is it fair to say Swansea had a far better squad available? ?

Swansea were in free fall when he arrived, having already dispensed with two managers.

he has won at anfield. Would have won at old trafford too were it not for rashford diving.

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Our biggest mistake... Sorry Morris biggest mistake.

Tall Paul was the way forward.

Made players worse the longer he had with them

Bizarre obsession with passing it around the back

Boring football

Dressing room seemingly in disarray, at eachothers throats

I wouldn't call that the way forward. Doesn't take away from what he's done or going to do at Swansea, but he didn't do as good of a job at Derby.

Surprised he's managed to focus on his job at Swansea with this many Derby fans heads so far up his arse.

54 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Boring football

I wouldn't call that the way forward. Doesn't take away from what he's done or going to do at Swansea, but he didn't do as good of a job at Derby.

Surprised he's managed to focus on his job at Swansea with this many Derby fans heads so far up his arse.

Funny that..... I see most up Mels.....

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Funny how investing millions of pounds of your own money into the club can do that

Funny how some can't see past pounds, shillings and pence.....

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Funny how some can't see past pounds, shillings and pence.....

Mel's destabilised the club, I admit that. But he's putting in money with good intentions where lots of owners wouldn't.

But who thought Clement was a bad appointment at the time? Pearson? No one saw those appointments going sideways so quickly. And they had nothing to do with drones or going into the dressing room.

The idea that Mel is the problem with the club when the players and managers have been so all over the place in the past 2 years is ridiculous.

I've always said the worst thing that could come out of Mel's ownership was he'd leave us in the championship with the infrastructure and facilities of a top 10 PL club.

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Mel's destabilised the club, I admit that. But he's putting in money with good intentions where lots of owners wouldn't.

But who thought Clement was a bad appointment at the time? Pearson? No one saw those appointments going sideways so quickly. And they had nothing to do with drones or going into the dressing room.

The idea that Mel is the problem with the club when the players and managers have been so all over the place in the past 2 years is ridiculous.

I've always said the worst thing that could come out of Mel's ownership was he'd leave us in the championship with the infrastructure and facilities of a top 10 PL club.

I still think Clem was forced out way too early for my liking..... Pearson yep I admit I was wrong there..... 

We are where we are...... it really is make or break now..... I really think personally we won't hit the play offs again next season..... but I'll be ok with that if Rowett gets to rebuild and we slowly sort ourselves out..... it's a big if though with one word.... paitence

9 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Boring football

Surprised he's managed to focus on his job at Swansea with this many Derby fans heads so far up his arse.

What the same players who ended as dog ***** under Mac?

The obsession of passing it around at the back that subsequent managers still did.

Boring football that had to us top at one point. 

Dressing room in disarray? Hmmm nothing new there with this bunch of pussies.

He was new, first job of that type for him. What did you bloody expect? Perfection. Of course he was going to make mistakes.

His appointment was the only good shout that Morris has made. But alas he lost his bottle after a couple of poor results, panicked and here we are. I t was bold move to appoint Paul.

Archived