Best team we have faced this year?

Sparkle

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You look at both Norwich and Leeds both were all over us but that was pretty much down to us being so poor.

Newcastle have took 6pts from us without looking anything special in both games, yesterday with all the ball failed to make us pay. 

We got a draw but I'm tempted to say Fulham. 

Can only comment on the home games so I'll go for Sheff Wednesday. Didn't create a hell of a lot of clear cut chances but wonderful to watch on and off the ball and if they had more of a direct cutting edge then automatics for them. Ok we beat them but we scored our goals out of nothing at the right times in the game when they were on top to knock the stuffing out of them.

I think the top half of the league is particularly strong this season.

Definitely Leeds. Only match this season where we never looked like getting back into it. 

Even Norwich, if that chance had been taken just before Butterfield's tackle, who knows? 

Having watched Leeds being bossed about by Huddersfield on tv yesterday it just goes to show how fine the margins are at this level. One or two key injuries, the bounce of the ball, a poor decision by the referee, being up for a local derby all influence the course of the game. 

It's not the exact science that some would have us believe and that's precisely why it is so exciting.

Fulham are the best team I've seen this season. My Reading mate says the same, as have a few Burton Albion fans I believe too.

While Leeds played us off the park, Wigan would have played that XI off the park too. We had a dreadful starting XI that day and it came as no surprise to see us defeated.

Leeds IMO.

Without Pontus Jansson I thought we'd have a good opportunity to get something there. ..They didn't miss him much, we created sod all and let Pablo Hernandez run the show. I don't think even with a natural left back we'd have coped much better that night. Crowd gave them a extra gear.

Wood does his norm by scoring against us

Not that I like doing it, but to their credit, Leeds were pretty awesome against us at their place. 

Hanson and Camara had a mare, but they were all over us. 

All other performances against Norwich, Fulham etc had a bit more equality to them, but Leeds were the best I'd seen them in 10-15 years and we were as bad as, well, since Pearson was here.

Archived