Best team we have faced this year?

Sparkle

Leicester. They are Premier League champs after all.

in the championship  I havent seen anyone come to Pride park and look that good. The wendies played nice football but no end product. Ditto reading. Leeds looked pretty good in the televised game but we were sh1te that day and they still only just beat us. Newcastle were lucky with referee decisions at pride park, Brighton nothing special in a bore draw. 

Tbh it's disappointing that we are still only 8th in the championship, as the competition isn't that good. But due to a bad start, sending martin out on loan, and getting loads of injuries. Hopefully if we don't go up this year we will do better in all those things next year... Should have fozzy , martin and thorne back which will be a massive boost. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Newcastle at home, dominant , not particularly pleasing on the eye but efficient and Shelvey is easily the best midfield player in this league , makes them tick.

Ooh forgot about Liverpool in the league cup ! That was men v boys . Coutinho was something else that day .

Barnsley absolutely roasted us and should have scored a few more than they did. I'd say they were the best I've seen against us under NP. 

Under Mac I was very impressed by Fulham down there. I know Leeds were good on the day against us but we were worse that night than I've seen us this year. 

So Barnsley and Fulham.

48 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Newcastle at home, dominant , not particularly pleasing on the eye but efficient and Shelvey is easily the best midfield player in this league , makes them tick.

That's an odd way of spelling Will Hughes.

27 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Ooh forgot about Liverpool in the league cup ! That was men v boys . Coutinho was something else that day .

Didn't see the Liverpool game... But anyway theyve gone into a tailspin right now. 

Going back to my original post many seem to think Fulham on the day were the best so far but we have only played them the once so far so we will see, also many believe Leeds were the best but the huge caveat to that was our utter non attendance at that game away in many ways,and we did beat them at home when we could hardly muster a shot for most of the season.

fulham

leeds

sheff Wednesday 

intresting that no one were overly impressed with Newcastle Aston villa or Norwich all relegated with multi millions

brighton reading and Huddersfield have obviously been very decent.

Shame we have had a season playing with one arm tied behind our back from that dreadful Pearson period and the decisions made.

I didn't think Liverpool were that impressive to be honest. That was the game in which it was clear that The Dinosaur had lost the players. Half of them didn't know if they were supposed to be pressing or getting back into shape. 

I'll never forget Ince going to close their left-back down only to be told by Gorilla Face to get back into position. 

We gave them all the time in the world.

In terms of the ability of the squad as a whole you would have to say Newcastle United, but Leeds/Norwich were excellent against us this year.

No doubt in my mind that this is the strongest the Championship has been in years. Arguably 8-9 teams that could get promoted. No shame in us not going up this year, chaps. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

In terms of the ability of the squad as a whole you would have to say Newcastle United, but Leeds/Norwich were excellent against us this year.

No doubt in my mind that this is the strongest the Championship has been in years. Arguably 8-9 teams that could get promoted. No shame in us not going up this year, chaps. 

Especially since we gave them all a 11 (I think?) game head start! 

17 minutes ago, unclej said:

Its interesting that Pearson hasnt been snapped up by anyone, and yet Clement has. 

I get the impression that Pearson isn't a very good manager but in the past has had the right people around him. 

Our players had to tell him what system to use (preparing for Cardiff) and rumour has it Leicester's did too in order to devise their 'great escape'.

Chairmen are probably put off by how badly he did without Shakespeare, Walsh etcetera 

22 minutes ago, unclej said:

Its interesting that Pearson hasnt been snapped up by anyone, and yet Clement has. 

I've said this before, he's got to where he is on pure luck. He's a truly awful manager who has been propped up by the squads he's had, the staff surrounding him and has been very jammy along the way.

I think chairmen are seeing it now.

Archived