Nugent

Mos_Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Steve bought him on those terms....

He is a proven multiple goal scorer capable of taking bents role on in the absence of our proper link up goal scorer.

Obviously Mac has found that he can't rely on vydra to produce the goods(unfortunately,as I like him) so he needed back up at a reasonable cost to cover if bents injured..

Extremely unfortunate that he had picked up an injury but no doubt his age makes that more likely..(I can testify to that as a 49 year old bloke with a slipped disc..Again?)

Very interesting when Mac talking about returning players Blackman etc after Newcastle  ... no mention of Nugent . . could be something in this ... with that and the Martin fiasco ... makes the season ticket renewal letters another interesting spin .... likely another season of so near yet so far ... 

7 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Very interesting when Mac talking about returning players Blackman etc after Newcastle  ... no mention of Nugent . . could be something in this ... with that and the Martin fiasco ... makes the season ticket renewal letters another interesting spin .... likely another season of so near yet so far ... 

Getting near at all will be both an achievement and a source of frustration given we spent the first couple of months of the season heading in completely the wrong direction! 

8 hours ago, bucktwo said:

The word spin has made a comeback <_<

Blackman is obviously nearer the team, no point talking about Nugent until there's an update.

this season will probably end up as a nearly season but with Fozzy, Martin and Thorne back with the odd addition we will smash the league.

there's certainly no need to be negative.

6 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

The word spin has made a comeback <_<

Blackman is obviously nearer the team, no point talking about Nugent until there's an update.

this season will probably end up as a nearly season but with Fozzy, Martin and Thorne back with the odd addition we will smash the league.

there's certainly no need to be negative.

Totally agree. It's amazing we're so near the play-off slots considering how far away we were when Mac took over.

14 hours ago, Mos_Ram said:

Anybody know when he is expected to be available? Watch all the pre and post match coverage of today's game and no mention. Thought it was just a strain he had...

Bristol City next weekend I think.

We must be one of the unluckiest teams around. We buy Nugent, and he gets injured after two kicks of the ball, we buy other striker options in Blackman and Vydra who i believe were banging em in before we signed them, but surprisingly, couldn't hit a barn door at fifty paces for us, and then we have players like Martin who were not hitting the net for us, but can do it while out on loan. Add to that our injury problems. We always seem to lose players not just for one game, but for the whole season, or for most of it. Anyone else think that that gypsy curse is still alive and kicking ?

8 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bristol City next weekend I think.

Yes, Mac mentioned after the Leicester game that Nugent and Hughes would not be available for Newcastle or Leicester but should be back for Bristol City. Perhaps he hasn't mentioned anything further on Nugent as there's nothing to update on? 

Archived