Nugent

Mos_Ram

4 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Yes, Mac mentioned after the Leicester game that Nugent and Hughes would not be available for Newcastle or Leicester but should be back for Bristol City. Perhaps he hasn't mentioned anything further on Nugent as there's nothing to update on? 

There was update on DET other day, he won't be playing on Wednesday anyway. Will see. 

Decent at this level I'm looking forward to it. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

We must be one of the unluckiest teams around. We buy Nugent, and he gets injured after two kicks of the ball, we buy other striker options in Blackman and Vydra who i believe were banging em in before we signed them, but surprisingly, couldn't hit a barn door at fifty paces for us, and then we have players like Martin who were not hitting the net for us, but can do it while out on loan. Add to that our injury problems. We always seem to lose players not just for one game, but for the whole season, or for most of it. Anyone else think that that gypsy curse is still alive and kicking ?

Vydra certainly wasn't banging them in.. He struggled at reading last year too. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Vydra certainly wasn't banging them in.. He struggled at reading last year too. 

Due lack of the service he got there. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Max Lowe was doubtful for a game, 3 months later the lad has been no where to be seen.

Infact with last year too he has probably played 5 games in two years if lucky.

You had to go and remind me and get me all depressed. Such a fantastic player in the few games he plays ... eeeearggghhh

30 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/07/how-watfords-25-man-premier-league-squad-is-shaping-up/

The above link shows you how silly Derby were with the fees they paid for Vydra and Anya. Watford needed to shed 5 of their foreign players before transfer deadline day. They couldn't be included in their matchday squad and were effectively dead wood. In such a situation Derby were firmly in the driving seat when it came to transfer negotiations. Yet somehow Watford managed to extract £8 million rising to £10.5 million for a player who was a flop last season and £4 million for a now 29 year old who's pulled up no trees whatsoever in the English Football league. How the hell then did Watford manage to negotiate such fees? You have to say they had our pants down good and proper. 

You're Steve Mcclaren and I claim my free Zanfish. 

2 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/07/how-watfords-25-man-premier-league-squad-is-shaping-up/

The above link shows you how silly Derby were with the fees they paid for Vydra and Anya. Watford needed to shed 5 of their foreign players before transfer deadline day. They couldn't be included in their matchday squad and were effectively dead wood. In such a situation Derby were firmly in the driving seat when it came to transfer negotiations. Yet somehow Watford managed to extract £8 million rising to £10.5 million for a player who was a flop last season and £4 million for a now 29 year old who's pulled up no trees whatsoever in the English Football league. How the hell then did Watford manage to negotiate such fees? You have to say they had our pants down good and proper. 

Yep and to make it worse anya actually doesn't class as foreign being from the home nations

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep and to make it worse anya actually doesn't class as foreign being from the home nations

The only crumb of hope to hold on to is that just as there are some on here who think the sun shines out of Vydra's shorts there will be some manager think that as well and we can recover some dosh!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only crumb of hope to hold on to is that just as there are some on here who think the sun shines out of Vydra's shorts there will be some manager think that as well and we can recover some dosh!

Maybe so but he has had two excellent championship seasons so far at Watford interspersed with basically nothing, we just need that type of positive season from him and I still believe he could do well in a 442 with Martin near him, it's an option for us if the full backs and wide men are off form.

Our recruitment has been absolutely woeful though TBF. We've been leapfrogged by Leeds, Brighton and Huddersfield in the last couple of years. Every player they add seems to have an impact and they spend far less.

How many recruitment teams have we had in that time? 3? 4? It's just shocking. Rather we start promoting youth and look for more Camara type deals. He was great against Newcastle yesterday.

Nugent hasn't been playing so will pick up niggles. We'll be lucky if he's fit by the end of the season. For me it's really important to offload in the summer and bring in 'better than we already have' otherwise give the younger lads a go. Vydra, Anya, Weiman, butterfield are all players that we wouldn't mind leaving. Baird and bents contracts are up in the summer that's why they are playing well. Definitely wouldn't renew either. They'll be on big premier wages 

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Nugent needs to hit the ground running and score a goal every two games until end of season. A tall order.

Lol. I think it may have been that he hit the ground running when he came on that's done for him now tbh! I wonder if he'll get fit this season...

Archived