Nugent

Mos_Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ramant62 said:

Spot on DB. The midfield keep passing sideways, instead of threading passes through to the front men. They can only do that though if the front men are making themselves available for the ball, and also by keeping possession long enough for the spaces to open up. 

Yeah I agree with that. That is true and maybe I'm biased as I also play upfront but I think the strikers are making the runs but like you said passes keep going sideways or backwards. I understand keeping possession is key but we are crying out for someone that threads nice little balls through and give our strikers chances not just a chance a game. As much as I love Hughes he's not exactly an assist king. It's Butterfield that frustrates me the most though he really is Mr sideways. 

Never really liked him. I mean how can you like a striker that always scores against you?

What impressed me the most today about wasn't what he did during the game but at half time when the rest of the team came out he went round every player, talking, high fives and hugs, then when he got to Keogh they had a good long chat and you could see that he was trying to make sure Keogh was keeping positive. Thought it was a touch of class.

Made a massive difference when he came on today. Ran the channels, ran in behind, came short, gave the defenders a really hard time. Such a shame he didn't get that shot off from the edge of the D. 

442 may be a way forward in some situations as he played very well with Bent and we were much better going forward. 

14 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Made a massive difference when he came on today. Ran the channels, ran in behind, came short, gave the defenders a really hard time. Such a shame he didn't get that shot off from the edge of the D. 

442 may be a way forward in some situations as he played very well with Bent and we were much better going forward. 

Really liked the look of Nugent when he came on...made intelligent runs that were generally ignored but the team aren't used to him yet.

He seemed remarkably adept at holding the ball up too with his back to the opposition...something I am very keen on indeed and no doubt Mac is too.

He needs to start though and I'm not sure how Mac plans to sort this as he looks like the kind of player who needs the team built around his style of play..like Martin.

6 hours ago, England Ram said:

Agree re 442

mentioned in another post that butterfield looks twice the player when operating in a two than a 3 man midfield.

Thought he got us on the ball today, still got a lot to do but He too made a very positive impact

bravo jacob

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Come back Nigel Pearson?

God no lol

thing is, nigel pearsons 442 was awful.

i still to this day never understand why a proffesional football manager of his experience thinks the best way to get the best out of a team that contains the likes of hughes, martin and co is to start every attacking move with a 50 yard hoik from the the boot of our lease able ball playing player, jason shakell

so no, i dont want pearson back lol

11 hours ago, England Ram said:

And apparently went round at half time geeing up all the players.

Yet still some want Vydra to play when already he's had less effect than the Nuge!

442 could and can easily work for us and we have to use what is currently available should any two from Bent nugent and Vydra be on the pitch in that system well I think so as there is an awful lot of goals between them, we don't have to stick to 433 we have options 

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And apparently went round at half time geeing up all the players.

He'd obviously been told he was coming on not too long after half time, but it was great to see a player absolutely raring to go at 3-0 down. He couldn't wait to get out on the pitch and I think that kind of confidence transfers through to the rest of the team, some of whom tend to go into their shells when things aren't going our way.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

He'd obviously been told he was coming on not too long after half time, but it was great to see a player absolutely raring to go at 3-0 down. He couldn't wait to get out on the pitch and I think that kind of confidence transfers through to the rest of the team, some of whom tend to go into their shells when things aren't going our way.

Totally agree always wanted the ball, making great runs and making room and options for the rest of the team. I loved it when Bent scored he ran across the South Stand pumping his arms. Exactly what we need in the team at the moment.

Archived