Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Everton want Gray. 

If we barely had a chance before, we have none if Everton want him. The way they're spending at the minute, whatever we offer they can probably times by at least 10.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BuckoBeast said:

No chance with Gray. No chance ?. Might not be a popular suggestion but what about Ben Osborn, taking away his ridiculous antics at PP. He is a very talented player 

...and a Derby fan, I think? But if they want £15m for Assombalonga, then just imagine what they'd charge us for Osborn :lol:

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

...and a Derby fan, I think? But if they want £15m for Assombalonga, then just imagine what they'd charge us for Osborn :lol:

A voucher for an all you can eat buffet at Cosmo for Andy Reid should do it! ?

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

No chance with Gray. No chance ?. Might not be a popular suggestion but what about Ben Osborn, taking away his ridiculous antics at PP. He is a very talented player 

-- Definitely didn't confuse Osborn with Burke here --

Just now, Jawa said:

Can't say he'd be popular at all and I'd definitely take some persuading before I'd cheer him on, but he definitely is a talented player. Problem is that I don't see Leipzig taking a loss on him and he cost them £13.5m, I'd guess they'd probably want a minimum of £15m and it's whether we'd throw that kind of cash for him.

Burke.

That's who you're thinking of.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Not 100% sure if I got that right though maybe worth to ask @BoroWill can you clear this situation up for us please Will?

On free I'd take it too. ?

Was due to be up this summer but we had a option to extend it and I believe we've taken it (he's in training with us at least).

That being said, I really don't think it'd cost much for us to let him go, we currently (after Howson is confirmed) have 4 midfielders who are better than him, although De Roon is expected to leave. I'd say anything around £1-2m would probably be accepted, only complication might be him being captain and us wanting to keep him purely for his leadership.

43 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Keep dreaming sunshine

And just think how different our squad would feel if say.....we offloaded Blackman,Bent,Ollson and Pearce next ... then spent big on Gray and Lawrence from fester then added Joe Ledley on a free and another different type of striker that GR mentioned.... yes yet more dreaming I know!!!! But certainly a different feel to the squad I'd say... anyways...time for me to wake up ??:thumbsup: 

I feel sometimes fans will always set themselves up for being disappointed when they have players in mind who we could sign.

Gray is a very talented player who is at a club who have won the title recently, played champions league and he has been linked with Everton and spurs in the national press recently.

Lawrence is a good suggestion though.

I still keep saying we should try and get leko on loan from west brom. This boy is a real talent.

30 minutes ago, Saity said:

And just think how different our squad would feel if say.....we offloaded Blackman,Bent,Ollson and Pearce next ... then spent big on Gray and Lawrence from fester then added Joe Ledley on a free and another different type of striker that GR mentioned.... yes yet more dreaming I know!!!! But certainly a different feel to the squad I'd say... anyways...time for me to wake up ??:thumbsup: 

Nigh on perfection for me but we would never sign Gray so think of someone else, insert him into the above and I will give you a like, promise ?

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Nigh on perfection for me but we would never sign Gray so think of someone else, insert him into the above and I will give you a like, promise ?

Not a winger as such, but now Everton are splashing out on players it seems to me that they could be looking to loan somebody like Lookman out to a Championship side...

28 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Im not sure Gray would get much game time at Everton just as he isn't at fester...and maybe GR promised Hughesy a swift exit if he had a chat with him at the under 21s tournament and GR knows him from Brum and a guaranteed starter for us in front of 30k every other week and hopefully prem football in a season or two might persuade him ....or...probably not !!! ....but hey it's s good thought eh :thumbsup:

ps this would fit into the very very good player status that GR mentioned...unless he's on about Che Adams of course but I don't know much about him and would be a bit underwhelming for me ...interesting week or two ahead ??

41 minutes ago, Jawa said:

Not a winger as such, but now Everton are splashing out on players it seems to me that they could be looking to loan somebody like Lookman out to a Championship side...

Had a few sniffs of first team after joining in January, might be more feasible next window if he's not getting many minutes.

I don't know if Lennon is feeling well enough yet, if he is I could see him going somewhere on loan.

41 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Max Gradel? 

scored a ton at Leeds and France before moving to Bournemouth. Doesn't seem to to be their plans. I'd take him on loan.

Picked up a pretty serious (knee?) injury at the beginning of last season, pretty much ruled him out for the season.

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Had a few sniffs of first team after joining in January, might be more feasible next window if he's not getting many minutes.

I don't know if Lennon is feeling well enough yet, if he is I could see him going somewhere on loan.

Saw on twitter the other day that Lennon is back in training.

14 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Picked up a pretty serious (knee?) injury at the beginning of last season, pretty much ruled him out for the season.

Did his ACL 2 years ago not long after joining them.

Archived