Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Rumour with what accounts though? It could hold absolutely no grounds.

It would all add up, but that's why someone could easily just think it up in their head and post it online. We were linked to Jerome, so we're possibly after a striker = Winnall. We're linked with Davis, but may need to get rid of a CM to make space for him = Butterfield. Possible, but that's quite a lot of moving around with less than two hours to go.

Some sheff Wednesday fan posted it saying one of the local journos reported it but not seen anything myself 

On 04/04/2017 at 08:49, RamsPolls said:

I really hope we don't go in for Kieftenbeld at Birmingham.

The reason why is because there's thousands of players like him in the lower budesliga & dutch teams. We would have to be paying around £3/4m to land him this summer where as he joined Brum for under 500K last summer. We need to start improving our scouting networks to land bargains instead of trying to buy players off teams who have found their diamonds in the rough. Plus Kieftenbeld has only had 1 season in england, He looks very good don't get me wrong, But it may just be a good spell that he's going through and might not be ready for a big money move. 

Still stand by this mate?

In all seriousness, 

I think Kieftenbeld is a very very good signing. I'm not quite sure I was saying that he was a bad player in my previous post. I think I was saying that we'd be paying over the odds for a player you could have got for 500K the summer before. 

I was very happy last night to see him come in, he's going to enable the likes of Huddlestone to do what they're best at because he's the John Eutace we've been missing for years. He doesn't want to score, he doesn't want to get forward, He only wants to sit infront of the back four and tackle. This will enable Huddlestone to get on the ball a lot more and pick his pass. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

We didn't pay 300K. RD deleted the tweet that said 300K. 

Believe we paid £2m for him. 

What makes you believe that?

Birmingham Mail are saying could be worth 600k 
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfer-news-blues-13557925

Sounds like 300k up front with addons, a number that RD probably shouldn't have shared hence why it was deleted. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

What makes you believe that?

Birmingham Mail are saying could be worth 600k 
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfer-news-blues-13557925

Sounds like 300k up front with addons, a number that RD probably shouldn't have shared hence why it was deleted. 

Oh s**** :huh: didn't see that. I read that we had got him for £2m from a Birmingham account on twitter. 

Archived