Ince & Bent

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

These two are starting to become a lethal pair up front, it would be scary if we could get someone on that left scoring too.

I would love to know how many goals/assists Bent and Ince have whilst playing for McClaren for Derby.

Bent's goal stats...

Bent just has an excellent instinct for where the ball will drop. He just attacks that 6 yard box all the time.

I wouldn't exactly say he's doing massively different under Mac. I'd say he's played more minutes due to Martin being injured/loaned. 

And under Clement our attacks were probably not as frequent. Under Pearson? Well...

But I'd say in any team that's getting the ball anywhere near that 6 yard box he's going to score goals. He's just always ready to pounce. Always shakes a defender off, always assumes a deflection, spill etc. 

With Bent it's always a case of "can we do the build up with 10 men". If the answer is yes then he'll be waiting. 

I'll give a lot of credit to both of them. Bent deserves a lot because he has changed little aspects of his game over time to benefit the team, both physically and mentally. Ince has matured into a top top player, the player we hoped he could be 

54 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's just always ready to pounce. Always shakes a defender off, always assumes a deflection, spill etc

That's an invaluable quality though - outfoxing a really good keeper is a skill that not many have. I always used to bottle it if i knew their keeper was good - very few lads had that knack. 

I love Bent now, (i wanted him gone in September!). I've learnt my lesson about writing players off - i won't be doing that again.

Except for that Nick Blackman. Who i've barely seen play. I want him out.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

That's an invaluable quality though - outfoxing a really good keeper is a skill that not many have. I always used to bottle it if i knew their keeper was good - very few lads had that knack. 

I love Bent now, (i wanted him gone in September!). I've learnt my lesson about writing players off - i won't be doing that again.

That's the last reason for wanting someone out tbh.

Once you feel as though you've seen too much, that's when you should be calling from them to leave.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You've spoiled the above with your last comment. Nick Blackman hasn't had an opportunity to impress or be guided as yet by Steve. Give the lad a chance we don't HAVE to have someone to deride do we?

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

irony alert:lol:

Watching the highlights of last nights match, it was almost the Tom Ince show. He's always had the talent, it's great to see him utilising it week in week out now. Long may it continue.

Bents instincts in front of goal should never be doubted, though I admit to being one of the many who thought we'd be better off without him.

To be fair in the season where we missed out on the play-offs on the last day, Bent and Ince were doing a cracking job of keeping us scoring when Martin got injured.

The problem then was that we had an unreliable back four and leaked too many goals.

Then Bent got injured too and the wheels really fell off. Remember trying to pay Russell as the lone striker?

This season we are way tighter at the back and we’re picking up more points for our efforts

If one of Bent or Ince get injured, then we’re in trouble. If that happens then I can see the likes of Vydra and Blackman being the scapegoats as they try to fill in

11 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

To be fair in the season where we missed out on the play-offs on the last day, Bent and Ince were doing a cracking job of keeping us scoring when Martin got injured.

The problem then was that we had an unreliable back four and leaked too many goals.

Then Bent got injured too and the wheels really fell off. Remember trying to pay Russell as the lone striker?

This season we are way tighter at the back and we’re picking up more points for our efforts

If one of Bent or Ince get injured, then we’re in trouble. If that happens then I can see the likes of Vydra and Blackman being the scapegoats as they try to fill in

I've run out of likes today but that gets a thumbs up from me Stive. ..

Only one thing I'd add. It wouldn't surprise me that if Vydra or Blackman got a chance we would see a couple of dire games and then they would find their feet. If anything has changed my perceptions of football over my mature years it's understanding that some of the pundits have it right when they talk about "match fitness" and "a run in the side" Bryson is a revalation. I really thought he was on a gentle downward slope and am delighted to be proved wrong 

Bent is a goal scorer full stop, is only down side is being caught off-side too often.

Ince is starting to find his best form under steve, and long may it continue.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

I've run out of likes today but that gets a thumbs up from me Stive. ..

Only one thing I'd add. It wouldn't surprise me that if Vydra or Blackman got a chance we would see a couple of dire games and then they would find their feet. If anything has changed my perceptions of football over my mature years it's understanding that some of the pundits have it right when they talk about "match fitness" and "a run in the side" Bryson is a revalation. I really thought he was on a gentle downward slope and am delighted to be proved wrong 

We need to keep this run going, giving Vydra and Blackman a chance now is a risk not worth taking, unless we have injures

of  courses .

Archived