Ince & Bent

MackworthRamIsGod

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I honestly think Nick Blackman could have something to offer up front with Bent and Ince.

Both Blackman and Ince have pace to Burn.

Baird and Jonno look different players under Mac, why not Blackman?

When he gets the chance this time he would need to take it because Martin bent nugent Ince Vydra and Russell are all above him in the pecking order as we stand

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

To be fair in the season where we missed out on the play-offs on the last day, Bent and Ince were doing a cracking job of keeping us scoring when Martin got injured.

The problem then was that we had an unreliable back four and leaked too many goals.

Then Bent got injured too and the wheels really fell off. Remember trying to pay Russell as the lone striker?

This season we are way tighter at the back and we’re picking up more points for our efforts

If one of Bent or Ince get injured, then we’re in trouble. If that happens then I can see the likes of Vydra and Blackman being the scapegoats as they try to fill in

brighton away. Played them off the park for the first hour, mascarell running things, hendrick hit the bar, keeper made a number of good saves. How we weren't at least one up was beyond me. Then conceded a sloppy goal to their sub (Dale Stephens) tried to get it back but lost another late on.

so yes, we'll remember it as being unsuccessful from results perspective, but the performance was fast paced exciting stuff.

42 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Most of the improvement has been down to man management simply. Mac knows how to keep his team happy. Ince on more than one occasion has said how he a big confidence player, same with Johnson. I would guess the same logic would apply with blackman

He also knows how to set up a team to win a match given the players he has got instead of trying to shoehorn them in to a system they aren't suited to. Having Ince sit deep in a bank of four just behind our half way line is an absolutely criminal use of his talents.

1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

Bent is a goal scorer full stop, is only down side is being caught off-side too often.

Ince is starting to find his best form under steve, and long may it continue.

We need to keep this run going, giving Vydra and Blackman a chance now is a risk not worth taking, unless we have injures

of  courses .

That's why he's caught off side a fair amount. He tends to play on the shoulder (although I think he has added a bit more to his game this season) so he's always going to be risking an offside decision, he takes the risk but get's the goals!

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

I've always had faith in Bent and him and Ince always seem to have a good understanding with eachother. Considering that I am glad the wardrobe didn't come back as Bent does not deserve to be dropped.

The wardrobe ?is that the one with wonky legs that kept falling over?

How many of their goals have they both been involved in? Not so much a partnership or understanding between them (eg. Bryson/Martin), just two quality players in a rich vein of form, scoring completely different types of goals for the team. Long may that continue!

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

How many of their goals have they both been involved in? Not so much a partnership or understanding between them (eg. Bryson/Martin), just two quality players in a rich vein of form, scoring completely different types of goals for the team. Long may that continue!

Yeah I always think that when people say about Ince/Martin vs Ince/Bent. 

Ince and Bent don't really have any great telepathy. The key partnership for Ince is actually Baird. Him giving the ball quickly to Ince instead of ignoring him to do 30 stepovers has given Ince small advantage on a defender he needs rather than being held up.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ince and Bent don't really have any great telepathy. The key partnership for Ince is actually Baird. Him giving the ball quickly to Ince instead of ignoring him to do 30 stepovers has given Ince small advantage on a defender he needs rather than being held up.

The further up the pitch Ince receives the ball the more dangerous he is. Absolute nightmare for a full back to be facing Ince in his own box rather than just over the half way line.

Great to see Bent getting some acculation. under Pc he didnt get playing time often brought on with ten mins to change things.He has had a bit of a rough ride on this forum and i know its frustrating when he gets caught off side.Hopefully playing regular and Ince showing form will be good for his confidence and he will continue to do the business

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

They don't really assist each others goals. But there should be two those kind of goals more after Ipswich game, both missed glorious chances. Nevertheless, Bent certainly does his part doing some space for Ince. Along confidence, that's a key to Ince's better performances.

That of course hinders our LW's game but we can always use him as a scapegoat so all of frontline can have a meaningful role.

Love the pair of them. Darren is at the end of his career and what a career it's been. Folk sometimes overlook this in their passion to see Derby succeed and Ince too has had his detractors but right now they're in a good place and long may it last. The Ince / Martin conundrum is a funny one. It's often mooted on here that they can't play together, that they don't get on and so on. I think that's BS personally. I hope that if Bent does hang up his boots at the end of his contract that we'll get to see Tom and Chris produce the kind of football I feel certain they can. I'd wager we've yet to see the best of either of them yet and that's truly a thought to savour.

The dream for a long time has been to get Thorne, Hughes and Martin right down that middle. Do you realise how rare it's been for those 3 to get a game together even though all 3 have been here together since 2014. 

I wonder how long it will take to see Thorne, Hughes, Ince and Martin get games.

A decent supporting cast around that and I'm thinking baby wipes and clean pants

Archived