Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

38 minutes ago, curtains said:

My take on it is he will be back at Derby this week. 

He has been picked today because Fulham have no one else to play up front today and will get someone in before Tuesday 2300 hrs to replace our Chris. 

Hope you're right Curtains :)

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

If it's true that they have to pay his new wage of £30k, and they still plan on keeping him, then fair play. 

But, that'll budget them out of signing McCormack/a striker that actually wants to play for them.... 

But maybe Joka prefers Martin? This is all about Joka wanting certain signings and Fulham being slow to comply (if at all). Wonder if Chrissy's new wages would push Fulham close to FFP? Lol.

If a club has a player on loan, don't they normally have to ask the parent club for permission to play players in a cup match? Or will it be different seeing as it's a season long loan? Just a thought, if they did have to ask permission maybe we allowed Chris to play today whilst they look for a new striker as long as they allow him to come back before the end of the deadline.

Or we've accepted that he isn't coming back this window, contracts were signed, he's a Fulham player for the season. By offering him a new contract were just ensuring he's a Derby player next season.

33 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Dude, I think without realising it... you've become one of those 'same old posters'... 

Sorry. I can't take anyone seriously who says "dude". A bit like wearing baseball caps backwards 

To the moral arbiters; is this worse than when Burnley activated Bryson's buy-out clause, he agreed personal terms with them and we just flat out blocked the move? 

We were contractually obliged to allow him to leave, the PFA were getting involved but we said "no". 

Yes, he signed a new contract… but if we were playing by the rules he should have been gone by that point.

18 hours ago, swiftur said:

We have given him a pay rise ,he is unable to play for us for 7 months .In this instance we [dcfc] are a joke.the idiots are running the assylum.Another season given up on.

Will probably offload Vydra to counter this.

Don't really get the level of hatred towards him on this issue..especially any from Derby fans.  I'm imagining I'm a crucial member of staff at work, a new boss comes in and makes it clear they don't rate me and then organises a year long transfer just to get me out the door. Few months in having failed miserably he gets the boot and the old boss comes back and apologises and says they really want me back asap. I've not really settled and never wanted to leave...course I'd want to go back.

99% of bosses would understand and ask you to work your notice..Maybe few weeks...if they said 'no work the rest of your  6months'  -I'd be flipping annoyed.

Totally sympathise...even if not always his biggest fan.

37 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Just reading the Fulham forum and they're saying we have previous with them in the 80's? Apparently derailed their promotion to the top flight or something? Can any of you older kids tell us the story there?

"History repeats in that Derby were involved in the immediate or "proximate" cause of our failure to win promotion under Malcolm Macdonald in the early 80s.  But it would not have come down to that last match of the season had we not lost our winning ways weeks earlier, which in turn related to squad thinness and lack of recruitment. That was the underlying cause of our failure to make it.

So here, anger in the immediate term with the same club and its player.  They are the proximate causes to name and blame.  The longer-term reasons for our vulnerablity lie closer to home."

You've never heard about that?! Words don't do it justice!

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

You've never heard about that?! Words don't do it justice!

When I see that I realise its worse than i actually remember. I do recall some idiot of a fan trying to kick one of their players. If that was today it would get replayed i am sure.

It really was disgraceful. The ref should really have stopped the game.

43 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There is some footage of this on youtube. Crazy scenes.

i was at that match ha ha - Pop Side over the barrier - take a look at u tube - Fulham fans in my office still sight it - and thats why they don't like us!!! one of their wingers gets legged up by a Rams fan on the side line!!!!

ps Martin just fired one over the bar lol

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

If Martin is that great why are there so many of us that don't agree?

As derby fans we don't gain anything by not agreeing.

He is the most overrated derby player (from our fans) I've ever seen. Harsh but true.

Because he's slow, doesn't run about like a headless chicken and has body language that that some take exception too. 

This clouds people's views, they ignore what he CAN do and thus produce made up statistics to try and 'prove' that he's crap. 

Pearson loaned him to Fulham for a season
without offering fans any kind of a reason
but i came to accept that we'd be partin
with our long time fan favorite Martin

Steve returns and exclaims to Sam wtf?
without our star we're s*** out of luck
I'm back and so he's gotta be homesick
do your thing man get it done quick

Chris now developed mysterious niggles
grimacing in pain in between the giggles
when forced to play missed a spot kick
then did it again just to show he's a dick

But the Jokanovic is on us it would seem
Chris plays this season in the Fulham team
might be unfit lazy and fat upon his return
but at least he'll have 30k a week to burn

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

If Martin is that great why are there so many of us that don't agree?

As derby fans we don't gain anything by not agreeing.

He is the most overrated derby player (from our fans) I've ever seen. Harsh but true.

"So many of us"? You mean a half dozen or so on here?

There's a damn good reason why we don't agree. It's because you're so obviously wrong!

Archived