Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

7 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Pathetic response  - you need to look at Clough's long term record with teams ( and his win rate compared with MacClaren's Derby), not to mention the quality of the football produced at all of his clubs. If you haven't enjoyed the Baggies game and this one it 's hard to know what you would enjoy - though perhaps you weren't actually at these games.The atmosphere was great last night in the ground .

Obviously sees very few games if he thinks it's not been better since Clough left. Needs to let it go now, its history. Strange time after a great game with a great atmosphere, to play your " I told you so" card

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yeah no one cares about Leicester because we hate them. And all I heard on the BBC was Leicester singing the Champions of England song within 5 seconds of kick off, so when do I get my prize? and unless the BBC only have a microphone near the away end they were out singing us, and singing that we are ####ing ****, coz they were winning away, and when we sung "where were you when you were ****" they sung "when we were **** we were beating you" etc and if you seriously don't think there is a rivalry etc your welcome to do what kids do when teams have won the premiership of England and go jump on the band wagon and support that load of nonsense! And your right MM is a bellend, but on many occasions has pulled the wool over our eyes.

And I don't think it was so poor from us, or Hughes replacement was shocking because I don't expect any thing more from us under Steve McClaren because I've seen it all before and I thought everyone on here had, but how long will it take before the penny drops, as we are still going nowhere until we sell Tom Ince and Darren Bent etc. Neither one would do anything in the English Premiership, championship football is for us for quite a bit longer, as we all keep kidding ourselves. I said on here we would be no further forward in 5 years time when we sacked Nigel Clough, other than we would of spent millions and if he goes to Forest he will soon have them sorted out and playing against us as a top 10 team in the Championship and where we all carry on regardless with our rivals, getting bitter and twisted about the same old stuff. 

Enjoy the ride of us going round in the same old circles.

You were doing okay until you mentioned Tom Ince who is clearly Premier quality and then that **** Clough..

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Handball has always been the intentional movement of the arm towards the ball, hence the phrase 'Ball to hand, rather than hand to ball'.

It would be an easier game to understand if every contact between ball and hand was handball, but then what would we talk about?

I see no changing of the rule, or how it's applied.

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hand ball is when the hand "plays" the ball not when the ball "plays" the hand. All the ref needs to decide is if the player moves his had to the ball or not. Huth didn't to me look like he moved his hand to the ball. His hand was already out and unfortunately the ball hit it.

Just beat me to it!!

Yes I know I know, I was just wishful thinking. There would still be plenty to talk about if the law changed mind.

What about goal line tech? That's removed the biggest talking point thus far in football history from 1966! 

Another rule to add to my offside and handball musings is that "if she floats when we throw her in the river burn her for she's a witch":whistle:

11 hours ago, Jayram said:

Good performance but I'd put the reserve side out for the replay. League is far more important than a meaningless cup tie. How Leicester City are the champions of England is beyond me - they are embarrassingly average.

Mods.. How many swear words can I use before I get banned..

I knew some melt would post something like this.. Welldone Jayram, crap post of the week goes to you.

:angry:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

For me its a penalty, he even moves his arm as the ball approaches him and it hits him. The law is 'deliberate handball' but there is also wording within the law around if the player positioned his arm in a way that would increase the chances of the ball hitting it (i.e not ball to hand).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38319916

If that had happened at old trafford/anfield/emerates etc it would have be a stonewall penalty no question.

Don't mind people having a opinion whether they think it's a pen or not.... fair enough.

What I absolutely despise though is your last paragraph..... questioning a officials integrity.

Question them if they make mistakes, even question thier parentage.... think your last paragraph is a cheap insult to every referee in the country, young and old.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Don't mind people having a opinion whether they think it's a pen or not.... fair enough.

What I absolutely despise though is your last paragraph..... questioning a officials integrity.

Question them if they make mistakes, even question thier parentage.... think your last paragraph is a cheap insult to every referee in the country, young and old.

I didnt say they were cheating or anything like that. If you believe referees have never been influenced by home crowds epecially large ones at some of these bigger stadiums then thats your opinion, my opinion is that they can be, i dont consider that quesitoning their integrity, its probably being influenced without them actually realising it.

Just now, Paul71 said:

I didnt say they were cheating or anything like that. If you believe referees have never been influenced by home crowds epecially large ones at some of these bigger stadiums then thats your opinion, my opinion is that they can be, i dont consider that quesitoning their integrity, its probably being influenced without them actually realising it.

But you have...... you said they'll give a pen just because it was at them grounds..... but not at other grounds. That to me basically saying they have cheated a team..... thus why I think you are questioning their integrity. 

Sorry if I'm defending refs to the hilt all the time..... but I don't think they get credit they deserve at times. They make mistakes, will admit Clattenberg should of got his yellow out in 1st half when Russell got clattered whilst breaking. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

For me its a penalty, he even moves his arm as the ball approaches him and it hits him. The law is 'deliberate handball' but there is also wording within the law around if the player positioned his arm in a way that would increase the chances of the ball hitting it (i.e not ball to hand).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38319916

If that had happened at old trafford/anfield/emerates etc it would have be a stonewall penalty no question.

Yeah the fact it hit his leg first isn't really relevant.. the  same happened with shackell at burnnley, he mis controlled it with his leg and it hit his hand. Penalty given to burnnley, and with the ball travelling to Leicesters goal there's no way it should not have been a peno. 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

But you have...... you said they'll give a pen just because it was at them grounds..... but not at other grounds. That to me basically saying they have cheated a team..... thus why I think you are questioning their integrity. 

Sorry if I'm defending refs to the hilt all the time..... but I don't think they get credit they deserve at times. They make mistakes, will admit Clattenberg should of got his yellow out in 1st half when Russell got clattered whilst breaking. 

I actually think he had a decent game last night, but i think he got that decision wrong.

And yes you do often come across as defending them to the hilt, which you are of course entitled to do. But its also ok to criticise too, we are critical of managers, players, even owners, we can be critical of officals too.

Why is it wrong to state an opinion? Even ex referees such as Graham Poll have stated that a large intimidating crowd can subconciously affect your decision.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Mods.. How many swear words can I use before I get banned..

I knew some melt would post something like this.. Welldone Jayram, crap post of the week goes to you.

:angry:

To be fair to Jayram I've read many worse posts: -

It was a good performance from us last night

Im sure SM will be thinking long and hard about who he 'rests' for the replay

and there are many (inc some Leicester fans) scratching their heads and now thinking how on earth did they they win the PL last season :D

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Because Clattenburg is a complete fckin disgrace of a cowardly premiership ref who gives decisions based on what he thinks the Prem/FA want rather than what he sees.

Why bother? Why not fck off and do a job that you are good at instead of cheating. It is a form of cheating because he failed to give what he saw in case it were'nt popular with the powers that be.

It makes no difference what we deserved or what Leicester deserved, it was  a penalty, stone walled and Clattenburg saw it.

Ruined a really good cup tie that was contested honestly between two teams. On clear cut chances, Leicester probably should have won but the ref should not be swayed by that.

Going by the laws of the game, we should have had a penalty and Clattenburg cheated deliberately so as not to be "controversial".

The bloke is a cnt and a disgrace to his profession.

Sorry chap but it wasn't a penalty. If it had hit his hand directly in the position it was in it would have neen a good shout.

However the ball struck his thigh and then bounced onto his hand. No penalty.

I thought he should have booked Chilwell for the foul on Russell and missed a pull on Ince but generally had a good game. 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I think it is more of a pressure thing and there are one or two refs that would have buckled under the pressure and given the penalty last night, and there are refs that would feel the pressure even more at a ground like Old Trafford, Emerites, Anfield etc. I would not call it cheating, bias or anything like that, not calling their integrity, just that a very good shout for a penalty like that will have refs coming up with different a decision, and I think there would be more that would give it if it was for one of the top teams. It is just part of the complex human psyche. 

I don't think Clattenberg is one of those refs, he got most decisions correct.

You are right about the yellow, and it annoyed me that Chilwell, King and Drinkwater got away with the little, horrible, niggly fouls they committed, it was like they were taking turns in kicking Hughes (or trying to) and Ince, as that was their only answer to stop them.

27 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry chap but it wasn't a penalty. If it had hit his hand directly in the position it was in it would have neen a good shout.

However the ball struck his thigh and then bounced onto his hand. No penalty.

I thought he should have booked Chilwell for the foul on Russell and missed a pull on Ince but generally had a good game. 

Having watched it this morning (sober!) i totally agree........with myself.....it was a penalty.

What a great cup tie. Probably a fair result in the end.

The thing that made me feel full of hope and made it such an enjoyable match was that we have now returned to being a team. A goal down, having given too much respect to their quick forward line and talking part in one of those bloopers ..

Did our heads go down ... NO .. Did we start to play our Football .. YES.

Did every single player, in concert, realise that as a team they had nothing we couldn't match. Everyone else has covered the sitting deep at the end issue and Mahrez being a great player but that's football. Yesterday evening Derby put in a great team performance.

Hold the B button and rotate the joystick, your player will then perform a skill move .... Ha ha don't need to do that cos we've got Will Hughes ... Did you see the twirl ?  did you see the run in to the box leaving players trailing in his wake like sardine guts thrown off The back of the boat ? 

Didnt see the pen too far away some you get some you don't, ref makes the decision in the moment.  Clattenberg had a good game IMO, hardly noticed him which is as it should be. Only thing he missed was that No3 of theirs who got away with too many and should have been in the book. 

Leicester supporting friend says they are half the team they were without Kante.

Quote of the night "Next to their centre backs  Bent looks like a fookin whippet on speed"

No player ratings because they all get 10 for being a Team with self belief. 

The concern is 38% possession v Leicester at home, 42% v Reading at home.

bouncing off the ropes trying to land a counter punch

it would be nice if we could control it a little bit more

Was just thinking last night how useful it would have been if weimann could start or come on.. His direct running would have worried the slow Leicester defenders. Turns out he's just scored against Liverpool. I really don't know why we've let him go on loan unless we have someone similar coming in before Wednesday. 

Archived