A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite remarkable that Forest almost snatched relegation from the jaws of mid-table anonymity.

That said, it will be interesting to see how Warburton rebuilds the team over the summer. I would reserve judgement until then.

You only have to look at how well Leeds, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield have done this year and the fact that Barnsley and Preston were in and around the top half, it all goes to show that once you hit that reset button - anything goes.

It's a big summer for both clubs and much like us, I think if Warburton can get the right profile of player in and achieve the right blend, anything is possible for Forest.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

they should never have even been in the relegation battle. Plenty of worse sides than Forest.

Do not agree with this at all, over a 46 game season you finish were you deserve, and the facts are that Forest were the 4th worse side in the division, and stayed up on goal difference, so at the end of the day, they were very close to relegation, and at pride park this season, forest were very poor, and have been all season, and next year will be the season when they return to division one, and I for one will be very happy if this happens, celebrating today as if they won the league, **** ground, **** fans and club, deserve to be where they are. Rant over Lol.

Realize we won't be entirely welcome after our teams endeavors but for those that missed it, the team actually played well for a time and had opportunity to score and put Nottingham in a real problem situation but once they went ahead, we pretty much accepted defeat and the team all but gave up trying to get anything from today.    Of course you're pissed, was hoping for a big favor and was let down big time but bear in mind it wasn't just ourselves who had a say in matters.  In the end nobody got the score they wanted (Forest apart !) but what can you do ?  Can't change what occurred, it's tough, but life goes on.   I got no real animosity towards them and in truth more irritated with ourselves and the clear surrender at an early stage of the game when we could have directed play far more than what was eventually evident.

Still, count your blessings, could have been (either or both) ourselves occupying the drop zone by the end of it all and facing League One play from August and beyond.   Whenever you think it's bad - wherever there's disappointment -, there's always worse case scenarios.

5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Do not agree with this at all, over a 46 game season you finish were you deserve, and the facts are that Forest were the 4th worse side in the division, and stayed up on goal difference, so at the end of the day, they were very close to relegation, and at pride park this season, forest were very poor, and have been all season, and next year will be the season when they return to division one, and I for one will be very happy if this happens, celebrating today as if they won the league, **** ground, **** fans and club, deserve to be where they are. Rant over Lol.

I never said whether they deserved it or not, just that they shouldn't have been involved. You aren't always where you should be, although often where you deserve to be. Had Pearson stayed on and we stayed down there, you'd say the same about Derby that I just said about Forest, that we shouldn't have been down there, even if our performances deserved it. Proven by the fact that we ended up well clear. 

Just when I thought it was difficult to dislike Ipswich anymore than I already do, they go and let the f**kin side down!!!

The scenes at the end were pretty embarrassing, the two-time European Cup winners celebrating scraping survival in old Division Two.  Pitiful...

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just when I thought it was difficult to dislike Ipswich anymore than I already do, they go and let the f**kin side down!!!

The scenes at the end were pretty embarrassing, the two-time European Cup winners celebrating scraping survival in old Division Two.  Pitiful...

I know.

What kind of tinpot **** teams play in Division Two right

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I know.

What kind of tinpot **** teams play in Division Two right

It's not the fact we both play in the division.  It's the fact your lot celebrated staying in it with such gusto.  I'd have gone straight home and shut myself in from the shame of supporting such a sh**show all season...

7 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Realize we won't be entirely welcome after our teams endeavors but for those that missed it, the team actually played well for a time

Agreed, I thought you looked alright during the pre match warm up.

11 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It's not the fact we both play in the division.  It's the fact your lot celebrated staying in it with such gusto.  I'd have gone straight home and shut myself in from the shame of supporting such a sh**show all season...

Of course you would.

In the face of a one off game, in which survival of your club has just been gained, I'm sure you'd have shuttled straight off :lol:

6 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Of course you would.

In the face of a one off game, in which survival of your club has just been gained, I'm sure you'd have shuttled straight off :lol:

I try not to celebrate mediocrity... 

Archived