ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well...

Fast forward to August 31st - 

SKY SPORTS NEWS BREAKING STORY - 

Ben Brereton & Matty Cash have agreed deals to join Olympiacos on 5 year contracts, in a deal reported to be worth a crate of Carling, and a half used book of 2nd class stamps.  Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis & nominal chairman Fawaz Al-Hasawi have both stated "This is a fantastic deal for both clubs, but Olympiacos in particular".  Manager Mark Warburton has been advised he can reinvest the funds immediately on loan replacements, providing they're Leon Best & Cory Evans

1) How

2) The

3) F***

4) Can

5) You

6) Predict

7) Where

8) Every

9) Club

10) Will

11) Finish

12) Next

13) Season

14) When

15) The

16) Transfer

17) Window

18) Has

19) Barely

20) Started

21) You

22) Silly

23) People

24) Nottingham Forest

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39871539

EFL assess Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis takeover bid

I like this bit especially

Since 2015, Marinakis has been facing allegations surrounding a match-fixing conspiracy involving Greek domestic games between 2011 and 2013.

He was cleared of a previous match-fixing allegation because of a lack of evidence.

As owner of Greek football's most successful club, Marinakis has overseen Olympiakos winning the Greek Superleague seven times since he bought them in 2010.

You could easily read that last sentence (in the context of the previous two) as saying he bought the league titles rather than bought the club :lol:

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, David said:

Surely the EFL must say wait until you are fully cleared of all match fixing allegations? 

Thought he had been cleared but still waiting to see if it's going to trial or not.

I would think so. I know its supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but surely this differs. If they let him buy then he is convicted what happens then?

18 minutes ago, David said:

Surely the EFL must say wait until you are fully cleared of all match fixing allegations? 

Thought he had been cleared but still waiting to see if it's going to trial or not.

This is the EFL we're talking about, about as much integrity and spine as FIFA. The fact that creatures such as Karl Oyston and Francesco Beschetti are seemingly able to slowly destoy their clubs from within with little to no assistance from the EFL suggests Marinakis will pass the test without hindrance. 

They haven't got a clue. 

Just now, Derbados said:

This is the EFL we're talking about, about as much integrity and spine as FIFA. The fact that creatures such as Karl Oyston and Francesco Beschetti are seemingly able to slowly destoy their clubs from within with little to no assistance from the EFL suggests Marinakis will pass the test without hindrance. 

They haven't got a clue. 

I keep seeing fans call on the EFL and FA to assist in the situation at Blackpool and Leyton Orient yet I don't know what exactly they want them to do.

Neither organisations can force the owners to sell their businesses, the EFL can ban them from all football activity, if they ignore the ban the club gets kicked out the league.

It's easy to prevent incoming owners and impossible to remove existing owners.

Blackpool the fans despise the owner but unless I'm mistaken he's not breaking any EFL rules as such. Leyton Orient, the EFL can ban him but he's not paying the bills so doubt he would be bothered in the slightest, looks like they will be wound up by HMRC over the coming months unless he sells.

1 hour ago, David said:

I keep seeing fans call on the EFL and FA to assist in the situation at Blackpool and Leyton Orient yet I don't know what exactly they want them to do.

Neither organisations can force the owners to sell their businesses, the EFL can ban them from all football activity, if they ignore the ban the club gets kicked out the league.

It's easy to prevent incoming owners and impossible to remove existing owners.

Blackpool the fans despise the owner but unless I'm mistaken he's not breaking any EFL rules as such. Leyton Orient, the EFL can ban him but he's not paying the bills so doubt he would be bothered in the slightest, looks like they will be wound up by HMRC over the coming months unless he sells.

Sadly, despite my Sabre rattling toward the EFL you are spot on. There has to be changes to legislative powers where the FA and the EFL are concerned, to often are we seeing historic clubs, rich in heritage being slowly killed off by megalomaniac, corrupt owners. Surely new powers need to be granted that give these bodies power to remove owners that are placing these clubs at risk, or safeguarding clubs by ensuring fans have to have a certain stake or percentage of shares in a club. 

Something, anything!

On 5/8/2017 at 11:31, uttoxram75 said:

Survival of your club? 

if we'd gone down the takeover deal would have been off. meaning we'd be up **** creek with an owner not interested in doing anything to support the club, and virtually no prospect of any other takeovers.

Portsmouth scenario might have ensued. I can't understate how important winning that match last week was

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

if we'd gone down the takeover deal would have been off. meaning we'd be up **** creek with an owner not interested in doing anything to support the club, and virtually no prospect of any other takeovers.

Portsmouth scenario might have ensued. I can't understate how important winning that match last week was

Over the last few years I am surprised there haven't been more famous old club casualties, along the Wimbledon line or just financial collapse.

I obviously don't want you to ever beat us again, or win any cups and that, but it would be sad to see Florist go down the pan.

Sith Happens
42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Is it likely to go through? Not sure what the deal is this time round, is Fawaz still sticking about?

Has he said anything about his debt, if he will write it off?

Archived