Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Only person that I can think of that we could replace him with is Jota but I don't see that happening so Ince is a must keep for me.

I`d go for that Burke fella that used to be at Forest. Rumours are that Sheff Weds are after him

1 hour ago, Saity said:

I'd like it if GR said Ince is not for sale but as he said everyone has a price and fear we are going to lose him i'm afraid...Russell is defo not anywhere near a replacement :(

Every player (outside of maybe Messi) has a price though, that's just a fact.  If someone offers say £15m for any of our players, they're gone in a shot. (Obviously most of our squad would go for much less than that).  And if Rowett says Ince isn't for sale, and we then sell him for £15m, he'll be in a much worse position than just telling the truth up front.

3 hours ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Only person that I can think of that we could replace him with is Jota but I don't see that happening so Ince is a must keep for me.

Jota is a skilful player but a much better proposition is Tom Lawrence at Leicester who was on loan at Ipswich last year.He's class!

2 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

If we sell Ince and Russell starts for us next season I'll have a tough time getting excited. Will leave it to Rowett but jeez, hard to make sense of it unless we sell him for upwards of £13m.

And even then I would struggle to make sense of it

I'd be gutted if we sold Ince. With us losing Will as well, the only thing keeping me from freaking out is I have faith Rowett's got his head screwed on. If it was Pearson getting rid of Will and Ince I'd be seriously worried about our future!

I'm probably in a pretty small minority here but personally I'd be more than happy to see Ince go. He's undoubtedly got a lot of talent but he's just not the kind of 'team player' Rowett's system requires. For example, if he PERSONALLY loses the ball he tracks back like mad, determined to try and win it back but if someone else gives away the ball he often doesn't bother. In other words it's all about him! His decision making with the ball is similarly self-centred. He freqeuuently shoots from absurd positions when he has little or no chance of scoring with team-mates in far better positions. To compound this, he also sometimes decides to try and pass for no apparent reason when he actually IS in a good shooting position. Weimman, Russell and Anya are all hard-working team players who will fit with Rowett's team ethic much more than Ince ever will. Hopefully we can use the money we get for him to strengthen further in the wide positions. Sell sell sell...

8 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

I'm probably in a pretty small minority here but personally I'd be more than happy to see Ince go. He's undoubtedly got a lot of talent but he's just not the kind of 'team player' Rowett's system requires. For example, if he PERSONALLY loses the ball he tracks back like mad, determined to try and win it back but if someone else gives away the ball he often doesn't bother. In other words it's all about him! His decision making with the ball is similarly self-centred. He freqeuuently shoots from absurd positions when he has little or no chance of scoring with team-mates in far better positions. To compound this, he also sometimes decides to try and pass for no apparent reason when he actually IS in a good shooting position. Weimman, Russell and Anya are all hard-working team players who will fit with Rowett's team ethic much more than Ince ever will. Hopefully we can use the money we get for him to strengthen further in the wide positions. Sell sell sell...

This post is a great example of why a lot of Derby fans kid themselves into hating Ince with pre-conceived ideas.

18 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

I partially agree with the ince thing but ultimately at this level hes match winner

my massive problem is the 3 you mention which are the 3 we'd be looking at to take up the mantle offer nothing likw the same level of ability and production that ince gives us 

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This post is a great example of why a lot of Derby fans kid themselves into hating Ince with pre-conceived ideas.

Who said anything about hating Ince? Never met the bloke.

It's based on watching him every home match for the last two seasons. So based on direct observations - the absolute opposite of 'pre-conceived ideas'. My pre-conceived idea when he signed was that he would be a top player at this level, based on what he'd done at Blackpool, and I was delighted when we signed him permanently. It's the evidence of watching him play that has led to the conclusion that I'd be happy to see him go.

30 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Should be a minority of 0 who want ince to go...

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Here we go again.....hard working blah blah blah.

Why is hard work a must have in a footballer.

Messi doesn't "work hard" but has banged in how many top level goals? 

Guessing he wouldn't make it into this team ahead of weimman Russell and anya.

We don't need a midfield and forward line of willing dogs that'll chase every car down the road.

We also need a bit of class and actual footballing talent.

Flabbergasted that fans are still trying to invent long winded reasons as to why it is the absolute best thing for Derby County to sell a match winner.

I truly can't wait to read what bollo..s is thrown my way as some form of ridiculous retort.

No doubt the age old "entitled to my opinion" will rear it's head. 

12 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

We don't need a midfield and forward line of willing dogs that'll chase every car down the road.

We also need a bit of class and actual footballing talent.

Agree mate, that's why I can't understand why we gave Hughes away.

On the transfers front, based on the evidence of the last few transfer windows, our club don't really have a clue what they are doing, they know what they want to achieve, but they go about it all wrong.

We seem to be chasing instant success and each time it goes wrong we rip it all up and go for the big rebuild.

The better clubs keep their better players and add to it with one or two key signings each summer.

I appreciate FFP has a deciding factor, but that is because we spent 30 million in two transfer windows, which is a sickening amount of money in this division.

If we sell Ince after selling Hughes we need to accept that we are being moulded into a slightly better version of Birmingham

Archived