Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Talk rubbish - they had the ref in their pocket, Bent equalised. We weren't at our best and maybe the 2nd half team (bar Vydra might have started) but we aren't terrible. Get a grip!

He had his arms in the air. Only the most biased person would argue that was wrongfully disallowed.

We've spent many times what Leeds have and they were many times better - tonight was completely embarrassing.

We've been riding on the back of our excellent defence for a while now and that isn't good enough. Only Wigan have scored less goals than us this season. Think about that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

We're all annoyed and we haven't even gone to the match! Dread to think what's about to arrive on here in the following hours when the travelling Rams return home. :huh:

Agree,very disappointing tonight and SM has to take alot  of the credit for this one.Hate losing at the best of times but at leeds just puts a complete spoiler on the weekend.Well done to all you full fans for travelling especially in this weather.safe journey.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Talk rubbish - they had the ref in their pocket, Bent equalised. We weren't at our best and maybe the 2nd half team (bar Vydra might have started) but we aren't terrible. Get a grip!

Agree a bit, Leeds are still late in tackles, and Bent's goals should have possibly stood as it was straight at his face. Ref gave us nothing.. 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Bryson played like a child. Weak, didn't play a forward past all day. 

Vydra doesn't care. Plain to see. 

Hanson just not good enough. Didn't do the basics. 

Nugent not given a sniff by our terrible midfield. 

Vydra seems to be the new scapegoat. You point out his poor performance yet never mentioned Camara s woeful 1st half performance . 

Can't really argue on the rest , I just think after a poor performance like that we need to try and pick out the positives as fans instead of slating the team, and move on.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I feel a lot better now I know it was all the refs fault. 

Leeds were good but we were worse than terrible in the first half. Improvement in the second but never really in it bar a short spell after half time.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I can't really blame McClaren. The team he had available tonight was turd. From our starting XI - How many would get in the 2013/14 side? 

Ince and Carson... That's about it. Dreadful.

No it wasn't. We have good players. We let them play / they pressed high. Monk was prepared - his tactics would have destroyed any derby mcclaren side. You can't be that predictable. 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not close to the worst game....Burton, Blackburn easily worse.

Yes,I apologise for that,no game we have played under Mac has,been anywhere near the depths we sank to under Pearson...I've almost forgot he was ever here,I think I've tried to blank it out

Mind you,the continued presence of vydra keeps reminding me.

Well played Leeds. Destroyed us down the left. Our central midfield might as well have been a brick wall considering how the ball was used. 

Shackell is the worst passer I've seen at Derby. He kills any momentum and might as well pass to them considering how he telegraphs everything. 

But it is just 1 game. 2 back to back defeats away at Norwich and Leeds hopefully sober a few people up who got carried away. Lots of work to do and a lot of money poorly spent since 2014. That was the case weeks ago. 

But we can still push at that top 6. 

Abysmal performance, utterly abject. Not one player deserves more than a 2/10. Made them look like absolute world beaters from start to finish, when they are in reality just another bog standard Championship side. Only good thing is that we will not play as badly as the last two games again this season, surely? 

Bryson worst player on the pitch for the 90. Hanson out of his element. Shackell v. poor. Everyone else, except Ince, poor at best.

On Bryson, when was the last time he put forward a case to be fighting for a midfield spot in our team? Time to replace him in my opinion. He's supposed to be a ball-winning box-to-box midfielder, not the oppositions 12th man. 

Just now, Jayram said:

Abysmal performance, utterly abject. Not one player deserves more than a 2/10. Made them look like absolute world beaters from start to finish, when they are in reality just another bog standard Championship side. Only good thing is that we will not play as badly as the last two games again this season, surely? 

Carson and Keogh were good, and Ince can't be blamed. Other than that I agree.

Just now, G-Ram said:

Best team won

miles better than us and i wish that gary monk fella was our manager. How he's got absolute toss like leeds united playing like barcelona is a good effort

drunkenly bet the girlfriend £50 that nugent would score when he cane on... so jokes on me  

Monk had a whole transfer window to figure out what he needed. Leeds don't have the strongest XI, but they look really balanced which goes a long way.

They had a target man, we didn't. They had a proper midfield trio consisting of a holding player (Bridcutt), a linking midfielder (Vieira) and a proper creative attacking midfield who can carry the ball (Hernandez).

Compare that to De Sart, Johnson, Bryson and Bent. No waonder they completely dominated the centre of the pitch.

Then we had a League One left-back and left-winger. They had Berardi and Doukara, miles better.

That starting XI tonight would struggle to stay in the Championship.

We were missing Martin, Thorne, Hughes, Butterfield, Forsyth, Christie, Pearce and Russell from our bext XI. Eight players! Some perspective needed there.

Archived