The popside

dog

Best memories? 

A couple spring to mind.

Vs Newcastle.Gascoigne sent off and kicking the bottle at Arthur 

Vs Man City. 6.0 and Hebberd running through 

Vs Portsmouth.  Think it was 0.0. They played five in the middle.  It was so rammed that from 25 minutes before kick off to well after the final whistle I couldn't move my arms. Then the official attendance was announced to mass derision since whatever it was seemed a fraction of those of us on the popside. Then the exit. Cue bleating en masse and my feet not touching the ground until outside the chippy. 

Got back home, deaf and shaking. My dad looks up from dunking a biscuit and says. "You should have been there when we played spurs.I've not been right since."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheffield Wednesday in the cup - one nil down and we came back to win 2-1. Columbo went mad, I lost a boot (never found it).... Also remember a feisty fixture against West Ham stood on the Columbo.

There was something a bit special about the BBG under the floodlights...

Just now, 2tups said:

Right foot drive ? 20 yards out to the left hand stick at the Normo End if memory serves ( which I doubt). We didn't realise it, but.....

Cheers 2tups, I remember McGovern scoring a header that seemed to take an age to go in after it left his head, a looping header almost in slow motion, but it could have been against anyone, my memory's shot. KIDS, WEED IS BAD FOR YOU SO JUST STOP IT. :)

50 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Cheers 2tups, I remember McGovern scoring a header that seemed to take an age to go in after it left his head, a looping header almost in slow motion, but it could have been against anyone, my memory's shot. KIDS, WEED IS BAD FOR YOU SO JUST STOP IT. :)

V Leicester game after BC left?

me and my mates tried to copy it for weeks it was truly remarkable.  BBC goal of the month for the second month running for mcg first time ever

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

V Leicester game after BC left?

me and my mates tried to copy it for weeks it was truly remarkable.  BBC goal of the month for the second month running for mcg first time ever

Thank you Spanish, thought it was Liverpool but I get stuff wrong nowadays. Happy New Year mate.:thumbsup:

A very special place. Most memorable games I was actually at....Christie's pen v Rotherham to take us up and Bobby Davison's goal in the Cup v Wendies (travelled up from London 2 or 3 times, think it was called off twice) are two that spring to mind......

12 hours ago, dog said:

That Shane Nicholson goal. Had forgotten all about it. Goodness me, how we celebrated.  Went with three mates. Started together.  Found one another twenty minutes later. 

I was right in line with him when he hit it. For some reason we all thought it had been Martin Kuhl who hit it. What a strike.

Bloke in front of me went down in the crush and was being trampled. My mates tried to help him up, but he pushed us away. Turns out that his car keys had come out of his pocket went we all went up for the goal. Think he got them back soon afterwards, several yards from where we had all ended up.

Archived