Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf whilst the run was absolutely brilliant, I think it covered over the cracks a bit because we were only fluent against Forest whilst we rode our luck in most of the other games. Thankfully the window is open to rectify the needs.

Yes agree, lucky at QPR, toothless against Wigan and Birmingham.... Reading now equalised 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It's that bloody Norwich jinx, they seem to be a serious bogey team for us no matter when or where. 

We move onwards and upwards, Schteve will sort this don't worry. 

We'd only lost two of the last nine against Norwich prior to today. I wouldn't call them a bogey side. Wigan at home on the otheer hand, absoloutely! No win against them at home since 1985!

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Spot on. Derby remind me of a championship Man City. Like Man City we have some very good players but in certain areas we are extremely unbalanced. Make no mistake there is a big job on his hands but it's better that this kind on result happens now rather than at the end of the month so we have more time to properly identify our targets.

That's what I've been trying to get in my head to get something positive out of this, mcclaren can now see basically all the cracks that have been papered over so to speak, so over the next few weeks hopefully we can begin to sort out this issues and become stronger and more consistent across the field

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

At the end of the day we have been on a fantastic run, we have the right coach in charge and today's performance whilst crap will be very useful for the staff to clearly see our strengths and weaknesses.

COYR!

Couldn't agree more 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You bunch of arrogant, self entitled haters.

You're embarrassing 

You deserve Nigel Pearson and Craig Ramage. They give you the ammo you so desperately seek. 

The run is over. Bet it's been horrible. 

That's not the point Alpha. Many of us called for us to strengthen in certain areas even before this game. Today's game just supports the claim that we don't have much strength in depth in certain positions.

All season long we've known that we have a weak midfield and lousy forward line. No creative movement at all. Biggest culprit is Butterfield. All Mac has done has instill belief and bring the best out of the inconsistent Ince. Wigan thoroughly depressed me. Now this. 

Sako would help. 

The good news : a great defence and if we go up it will be like how Burnley did it but they had Gray mind.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Spot on. Derby remind me of a championship Man City. Like Man City we have some very good players but in certain areas we are extremely unbalanced. Make no mistake there is a big job on his hands but it's better that this kind on result happens now rather than at the end of the month so we have more time to properly identify our targets.

Yep. We've had some fortunate results. But we are an unbalanced squad with lots of average fringe players.

Archived