Your favorite ever Rams player .

Curtains

I remember as a kid pretending to be Billy Caskey when I played in my back yard.

(I remember telling my dad that recently and his response was "You poor b@st@rd")

Used to watch the reserves a lot, so always had a soft spot for Kevin Francis!

However, in terms of poor capability where it was a joy to watch him play, it has to be Eranio.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me its impossible to choose a favourite player - its all about my favourite player from particular era's in the clubs history.

So I go for the players who I most enjoyed watching, the old cliche of justifying the entrance fee just to see what these guys did  :

John O'hare - a majestic old fashioned centre forward who could hold the ball up in any circumstance

Charlie George - he was just on another level

Bobby Davison - magnificent, a winner, got better and better, totally dependable goal scorer and always up for the battle

Dean Saunders - astonishing goal scorer who made even the best defenders look very average 

Inigo Idiakez - unbelievably skilful and could score free kicks from pretty well anywhere

Tom Huddlestone - wonderful technique, brilliant on the ball

Will Hughes - like Charlie, a class above, incredibly skilful 

Charlie George ,  Roy McFarland , Colin Todd  ..   cant split them    and if playing in this era   would all fetch over the 50 million mark 

but then again John Stones  sign ed for Man City for a fee of  £47.5m      So on that scale  id put George , McFarland , Todd   in the 100mill bracket

5 hours ago, ashram said:

Colin Todd

Number 5 shirt wearer.......Roy Mac

Number 6 shirt wearer Colin Todd.......and the same geniuses (genii ?) who failed to appoint Cloughie as England manager also banned Toddy from internationals for two years.

Oh BTW they also banned the Rams and Man U from playing in Europe when only the Rams had qualified to do so!

I'm not bitter about it of course, just giving the facts ma'am!

Reading this thread has brought 50 years of memories flooding back.

Could pick a team to rival any World cup winning side.

But has the thread says favourite and It has to Bobby Davison, back in 1984 when it looked like we were no more,

Davo dragged us back from the brink (on the pitch) Never saw him have a bad game always gave 100%.

Sad day when he went to Leeds!

13 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Marco Reich.

Just kidding.

The best Rams player i've seen playing should be Inigo Idiakez. Or Tom Huddlestone. Or Will Hughes.

You forgot Stefan Schnoor.

I remember being impressed seeing Inigo the moment after we signed him in a friendly at Chesterfield.

I also remember thinking after he left how he was terribly overrated, and the moment we sold him and got a new midfield is the year we started winning games and actually got promoted.

Archived