Ryan Shotton Appreciation Thread

Kernow

I just thought I'd make a quick thread specifically for Ryan Shotton. The lad was fantastic today... for us. How many times did he give the ball away? Passing straight to our players, playing a lovely through ball in for Bent. If their keeper wasn't so quick off his line Shotton would have done a great job. If only he gave away the penalty instead of the other CB, it would've been the perfect performance.

Am I right in thinking we made a profit on him too? Unbelievable. And to think Pearce cost us nothing...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Bent was just way too clever for him. Shotton wasn't that bad with us.

Are we talking about the same Shotton? Last defender I saw worse than him for Derby was probably Mick Coop back in the 80s... I still can't get the thought of Antonio twisting his blood for the afternoon. 

Woeful woeful player. 

13 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Are we talking about the same Shotton? Last defender I saw worse than him for Derby was probably Mick Coop back in the 80s... I still can't get the thought of Antonio twisting his blood for the afternoon. 

Woeful woeful player. 

He wasn't worse than Claude Davis.

54 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Woeful woeful player. 

He wasn't that bad now Claude Davis that is a totally different conversation 

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

He was awful for us, every match.

He really wasn't, he had some solid enough games when he was in the side, he was competent early on but looked poor when thrown in and compared to Shackell/Keogh. Doesn't seem a reliable type in singular matches to come in, Buxton was better at that, he seemed fine when in a defence long term. He had a mare at Boro and a few poor injury replacement appearances and that was it. The Birmingham fans rate him, he's steady enough.

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

He was awful for us, every match.

Not all of them but I agreed that he was awful, so glad he don't play for us anymore. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

How come we gave him grief today? Not arsed just curious

I think he had the temerity to give an interview when he signed permanently for Brum saying how he felt he hadn't been given a fair chance at Derby. Of course our special snowflake fans would never let such a disgraceful and insulting slur go unpunished.

I booed, but I was booing his barber.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think he had the temerity to give an interview when he signed permanently for Brum saying how he felt he hadn't been given a fair chance at Derby. Of course our special snowflake fans would never let such a disgraceful and insulting slur go unpunished.

I booed, but I was booing his barber.

This curious self hate is quite wearing

Archived