Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

I think it's a good deal for Forest and the only reason it would be rejected is because the bid is from us. If the bid is matched by another team, then I'd be surprised to see it rejected. We'd also do alright form the deal. Financially, we'd basically be swapping Grant plus a few hundred grand for Lansbury. A few hundred grand worse off but a player who will contribute much more to our season.

He's a *****, yes, but if he improves our team then I don't really care. He's not a ***** in the sense he breaks laws or acts like a thug a la Barton, he's just a bellend. Most footballers are these days. He play acts and I don't support it, but it's the game now. The two red cards against Newcastle were rescinded but Lansbury wasn't banned for conning the ref into giving those red cards, so that behaviour isn't going to vanish from the game because there's not many deterrents for over-acting. If he was from Brentford or another team that doesn't really present a positive nor negative opinion of, then not too many would be against it I feel, because there's no denying he's a good player. I expect much more would be in favour of signing a 'cheating Brentford w*nker' than a 'cheating Forest w*nker'. We've signed players from Forest before and if they do well here, their past is forgiven.

If SMc thinks that Lansbury would improve our midfield then go and get him. A three of Johnson-Hughes-Lansbury looks good on paper and if it takes us to the next level I doubt too many would complain about him being a cheating ***** from Forest. Some would, but you can't please 'em all. Improving our squad with relatively small net-spend this month (so far) and weakening Forest's already weak squad further sounds good to me though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good footballer. 

I don't know how anyone can say different, he's always been revered as one of the best in the league.

Forest fans will largely agree that his ability is without question, also. Butterfield hasn't been at it this season, so he slips straight in the first team for me.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Very good footballer. 

I don't know how anyone can say different, he's always been revered as one of the best in the league.

Forest fans will largely agree that his ability is without question, also. Butterfield hasn't been at it this season, so he slips straight in the first team for me.

He provides something different too. As good technically Hughes and Butterfield are, neither break into the box like Lansbury does. We have lacked a genuine midfield runner since Bryson in 2013/14. Always good to have different options. You need a big squad to do well in the championship so I don't know why some are objecting to wanting something different to what we already have. If he wasn't playing for Forest would people be more open to accept him? My answer to that is yes.

Lansbury is a good player and, more importantly, a leader and a winner.

We have a good team , but we are short on leaders and winners. You have to have aggressive midfielders to get you up. 

In my view that is one of the biggest current question marks on our getting to the Premier and then staying there.

Just watch what happens whenever one of our players gets into a kerfuffle with an opposition player. He's on his own.

Last time we did it with any success we had Carsley and Powell, both tough ball winning players, capable of stepping up to the Premier. The time before it was George and Gregory, both no messing midfielders.

Jacob, Will and Craig are good players, but they are hardly street fighters and probably too nice/passive  to make it as a unit at the highest level.

You need (controlled) fighters to force their will to win on to their teammates  and to intimidate the opposition.

Good move if it works.

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think it's a good deal for Forest and the only reason it would be rejected is because the bid is from us. If the bid is matched by another team, then I'd be surprised to see it rejected. We'd also do alright form the deal. Financially, we'd basically be swapping Grant plus a few hundred grand for Lansbury. A few hundred grand worse off but a player who will contribute much more to our season.

He's a *****, yes, but if he improves our team then I don't really care. He's not a ***** in the sense he breaks laws or acts like a thug a la Barton, he's just a bellend. Most footballers are these days. He play acts and I don't support it, but it's the game now. The two red cards against Newcastle were rescinded but Lansbury wasn't banned for conning the ref into giving those red cards, so that behaviour isn't going to vanish from the game because there's not many deterrents for over-acting. If he was from Brentford or another team that doesn't really present a positive nor negative opinion of, then not too many would be against it I feel, because there's no denying he's a good player. I expect much more would be in favour of signing a 'cheating Brentford w*nker' than a 'cheating Forest w*nker'. We've signed players from Forest before and if they do well here, their past is forgiven.

If SMc thinks that Lansbury would improve our midfield then go and get him. A three of Johnson-Hughes-Lansbury looks good on paper and if it takes us to the next level I doubt too many would complain about him being a cheating ***** from Forest. Some would, but you can't please 'em all. Improving our squad with relatively small net-spend this month (so far) and weakening Forest's already weak squad further sounds good to me though.

100 forum points for the use of the word 'bellend'. Just one of those words that tickles you if you haven't heard it for a while. 

And with regards to Lansbury, to use a street parlance, totes appropes.

This is a huge bid for a championship player out of contract in a few months by a championship club

yes i believe it would help our midfield with goals etc (if we have the proper type of forward) and yes he has been a total **** but the footballer yes worth having

if we have offered the cash up front maybe athe circus leader at the council tip would pocket it quickly or see Lansbury turn into the Yankee dollor$$$$ 

Just now, Stripperg-ram said:

100 forum points for the use of the word 'bellend'. Just one of those words that tickles you if you haven't heard it for a while. 

And with regards to Lansbury, to use a street parlance, totes appropes.

It's the sort of word that was invented purely to describe people just like Henri Lansbury. I'm sure he'd even admit himself he's a bellend. His mum would call him a bellend too. Deep down even his gran looks at him and thinks "what a bellend." But that really doesn't bother me, because he also happens to be very good at playing football. He's a top level Championship player and overall would improve us. £2.5mil ain't a lot for a top-level player in this division anymore, regardless of how long he has left on his contract.

20 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

We have a good team , but we are short on leaders and winners. You have to have aggressive midfielders to get you up. 

In my view that is one of the biggest current question marks on our getting to the Premier and then staying there.

Just watch what happens whenever one of our players gets into a kerfuffle with an opposition player. He's on his own.

Last time we did it with any success we had Carsley and Powell, both tough ball winning players, capable of stepping up to the Premier. The time before it was George and Gregory, both no messing midfielders.

Jacob, Will and Craig are good players, but they are hardly street fighters and probably too nice/passive  to make it as a unit at the highest level.

You need (controlled) fighters to force their will to win on to their teammates  and to intimidate the opposition.

Good move if it works.

You do know who he plays for don't you?

20 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Good move if it works.

You make good points about what we may lack or may need. Not sure Lansbury is that man. But he'd be an ideal replacement for Jeff, and much cheaper. Also winds up Notts. Not averse to his signing but feel there are better options out there and struggle supporting cheats. But once he's here I'll get behind him as I do every player. 

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Oh look, it's pissed Collymore off too. If you're on the fence about signing Lansbury then read this and I'm sure you'll be convinced that this is a good move.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/selling-henri-lansbury-to-derby-would-be-an-absolute-disgrace-says-former-forest-man-collymore/story-30023410-detail/story.html

What a cockmore collywobble, in a new new year's w@nker$ hat, something about egg-beating.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

What a cockmore collywobble, in a new new year's w@nker$ hat, something about egg-beating.

I think the line is, "he made a cake with Ulrika, he let her beat the eggs".

Never had the best hearing in the world mind...

6 minutes ago, sage said:

You do know who he plays for don't you?

What would you prefer ?

Success with an ex Forest player or more of the same without ?

Hennessy, Hinton, Mackay, Newton,  Commons - all wrong moves I take it  , Sage ?

21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Oh look, it's pissed Collymore off too. If you're on the fence about signing Lansbury then read this and I'm sure you'll be convinced that this is a good move.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/selling-henri-lansbury-to-derby-would-be-an-absolute-disgrace-says-former-forest-man-collymore/story-30023410-detail/story.html

To be honest I was a bit Meh about signing him till I read that .Go get him Sam.

Just now, BobbyD said:

What would you prefer ?

Success with an ex Forest player or more of the same without ?

Hennessy, Hinton, Mackay, Newton,  Commons - all wrong moves I take it  , Sage ?

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I was taking the p1ss out of Forest not you.

Archived