Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Why would he come to a place where some think he's a cockwomble?

that probably excludes him from playing anywhere else if he took that stance.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Rangers or Celtic were linked and Aston Villa(they buy everyone we want,I think).

I reckon we are priced out of it tbh.

And Newcastle don't forget them too mate!!!! Depends on the prices tbh.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

John Percy reporting Lansbury being keen on a move to Derby.  

says on there more debts found in takeover so needs to sell to make up the shortfall?? wonder if true, wouldnt surprise me they are losing money at a rapid rate.

I do think Lansbury is a knob, but I rate him and really think he could do a job for us.

And at 26 his best years are to come ( So they say?) 

Especially if Martin is coming back, he would be ideal to play the role that Bryson played a couple of years back.

All ifs and buts though.

While I don't object to using the gumps as a feeder club, Lansbury's not especially good and is regularly injured or suspended. He only tends to be available for 2/3 of the matches over a season, generally playing 25-30 matches. For me he's the sort of player who likes to be a big fish in a small pond and would struggle to stake a claim in our midfield.

I very much hope the public nature of this bid implies we don't really want him and are for some reason trying to unsettle him and his club while we focus on genuine targets. For me this is a waste of Mel's money (but it's his to waste if he wants to). Happy for Hourihane who can demonstrably play 40+ games a season.

Archived