Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Losing out on Lansbury hasn't bothered me. For 40k a week they can have him. This transfer was never going to happen. 

The thing that has really really wound me up is McClaren's comments yesterday.  

"Can we find better than what we have got? We have but they are out if our reach or not available. We did find one in Chrissy Martin"

To be honest. Those comments are an absolute shambles. 

Ive said this before. But our recruitment team can't find any players available better than what we have? Better left wingers than Russell and Camara? Midfielder who can chip in with more than the 1 goal that Hughes and Butterfield have done? If they cant then get rid of the recruitment staff (unlikely when the managers and chairmans sons are in the recruitment team though)

Then we see Villa close to signing Hourihane for ONE MILLION POUNDS. 

1. He's clearly available. 

2. He would improve us. 

So there's McClaren's theory out the window from one transfer. Not to mention what else is out there if you look for it. 

Our recruitment is a joke and so is the team involved. The only player they could find is Chris Martin. Who is our player anyway for ***** sake. 

There is no strategy. Nothing at all. Employ family members who genuinely have no clue about scouting or playing recruitment at all. 

Can somebody please tell me what Chris "I have a list of 10 players for every position" Evans does for this club? 

10 players for every position he said. He must be awful at his job if a) none are available and b) they aren't better than what we have. 

Don't let this winning run we had cloud anything. The club has problems. 

I can't say what. Because I'll get in trouble. 

Shambles. 

And this is the type of question that Mel needs to seriously answer. As a fan base we've been raising these concerns for a while, even before Evans and Mac Jr came on board. 

And he's 'delighted' at what we've got?

Besides the left back injury mess we are still short in some areas and unbalanced in others. 

So frustrating. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, England Ram said:

And this is the type of question that Mel needs to seriously answer. As a fan base we've been raising these concerns for a while, even before Evans and Mac Jr came on board. 

And he's 'delighted' at what we've got?

Besides the left back injury mess we are still short in some areas and unbalanced in others. 

So frustrating. 

Couldn't agree more mate. When Mel first came in there were all sorts of brilliant q&as. Felt like we had a voice and were part of the club. Now we don't see him, hear from him or get chance to ask questions.

Happy with an underperfoming midfield with 1 goal between them? Happy with Russell and Camara. 

I think every Derby fan can see we need a goal scoring midfielder and a left winger (think we've needed one for the last 4 transfer windows) 

The ross macormack situation is interesting if they sign rhodes.

maybe we were a bit quick to sign nugent?

Macormack would suit us better, or could go to fulham in which case we could get one of their players.

maybe aluko?

30 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Losing out on Lansbury hasn't bothered me. For 40k a week they can have him. This transfer was never going to happen. 

"Can we find better than what we have got? We have but they are out if our reach or not available. We did find one in Chrissy Martin"

Ive said this before. But our recruitment team can't find any players available better than what we have? Better left wingers than Russell and Camara? Midfielder who can chip in with more than the 1 goal that Hughes and Butterfield have done? If they cant then get rid of the recruitment staff (unlikely when the managers and chairmans sons are in the recruitment team though)

2. He would improve us. 

So there's McClaren's theory out the window from one transfer. Not to mention what else is out there if you look for it. 

Our recruitment is a joke and so is the team involved. The only player they could find is Chris Martin. Who is our player anyway for ***** sake. 

There is no strategy. Nothing at all. Employ family members who genuinely have no clue about scouting or playing recruitment at all. 

Can somebody please tell me what Chris "I have a list of 10 players for every position" Evans does for this club? 

10 players for every position he said. He must be awful at his job if a) none are available and b) they aren't better than what we have. 

Shambles. 

Maybe we are learning from our past mistakes and decided we aren't gonna drop our pants and bend over for everyone when they tell us how much they would like?

30 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

2. He would improve us. 

Shambles. 

Have you ever thought that McClaren may have some new players in mind but doesn't want teams like AV getting wind of this.

Have you ever considered that it is MM's money and maybe just maybe he has said there isn't much available.

Have you ever considered anything before posting????

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more mate. When Mel first came in there were all sorts of brilliant q&as. Felt like we had a voice and were part of the club. Now we don't see him, hear from him or get chance to ask questions.

Happy with an underperfoming midfield with 1 goal between them? Happy with Russell and Camara. 

I think every Derby fan can see we need a goal scoring midfielder and a left winger (think we've needed one for the last 4 transfer windows) 

Mel Morris just can't win can he? A year ago he was criticised on here by many who said that he was too high profile, getting involved in issues which shouldn't concern him etc etc. Now he's getting knocked for being invisible, we hardly ever hear from him!

The guy who seems to be conspicuous by his absence is Sam Rush, after all, isn't he the Chief Executive? I do wonder if, after the Pearson debacle and more significantly the 'Martin' affair, if he is very much keeping his head below the parapet?

18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Mel Morris just can't win can he? A year ago he was criticised on here by many who said that he was too high profile, getting involved in issues which shouldn't concern him etc etc. Now he's getting knocked for being invisible, we hardly ever hear from him!

The guy who seems to be conspicuous by his absence is Sam Rush, after all, isn't he the Chief Executive? I do wonder if, after the Pearson debacle and more significantly the 'Martin' affair, if he is very much keeping his head below the parapet?

Not said we need to see him all time. But the qandas were a big thing and a popular thing that would be nice to have back. 

Its the only way the fans get a voice. 

21 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Have you ever thought that McClaren may have some new players in mind but doesn't want teams like AV getting wind of this.

Have you ever considered that it is MM's money and maybe just maybe he has said there isn't much available.

Have you ever considered anything before posting????

Well then say we are always looking. Don't say we can't find anything better. 

Ive not bought up once about Mels money. Its not about money. 

Its about our scouting/recruitment department who are piss poor at their jobs. But what do we expect when we appoint under qualified people. 

I consider a lot before posting. Do you? 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Not said we need to see him all time. But the qandas were a big thing and a popular thing that would be nice to have back. 

Its the only way the fans get a voice. 

They are starting up again pretty soon

1 minute ago, neil62uk said:

the fact were chatting about an ex red dog whom as now signed for Villa  -      Would it be possible to have this thread closed 

just a thought   :)

We don't close the threads when players join other clubs, will drop down the list naturally when everyone has finished talking about it

Archived