Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

We don't close the threads when players join other clubs, will drop down the list naturally when everyone has finished talking about it

ok   -   i have no more to say on the matter   -   respect to those who feel it necessary to keep on about an ex red dog whom as now signed for Villa   :thumbsup:

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good news mate. 

A proper one at pride park? Or round a few local boozers? 

In October they spoke about restarting the pub tours again, last week was told q&a's would be starting again pretty soon that's all

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ur kidding? Would explain a lot, but a club of our size should have scouts operating all over the world.  

The only 2 players we have signed abroad in recent years are Albentosa & Camara. 

Which pretty much sums up the abilities of our scouting/recruitment department. 

Just now, David said:

In October they spoke about restarting the pub tours again, last week was told q&a's would be starting again pretty soon that's all

Have you heard anything about that report that Mel mentioned they were published after Pearson went? Something along the lines of a review into the club etc etc? That seems to have just disappeared into thin air. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Have you heard anything about that report that Mel mentioned they were published after Pearson went? Something along the lines of a review into the club etc etc? That seems to have just disappeared into thin air. 

Not heard a report ever being mentioned, have you got a link?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Not heard a report ever being mentioned, have you got a link?

Struggling to find it but it's alluded to at the bottom of this article - 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/mel-morris-candid-interview-derby-county-owner-tells-fans-give-me-a-break/story-29797295-detail/story.html

He mentioned, just before McClaren was appointed, that the club would be undertaking a review into the club, to see what had gone wrong and to 'restate the plan' - if anyone can find the video/article where this is mentioned that would be ace, but it was certainly reported in the Telegraph/Twtter/I thought on here too.

17 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

ok   -   i have no more to say on the matter   -   respect to those who feel it necessary to keep on about an ex red dog whom as now signed for Villa   :thumbsup:

And nothing compares to the absolute and utter void and feeling of loss when we sold Willie Carlin.

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

It was going to be an 8 page web report that was going to reiterate 'The Derby Way', it was definitely a thing! 

Just been through the whole topic, not something I talked about although I vaguely remember something now in the DET. Not heard anything though.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

And nothing compares to the absolute and utter void and feeling of loss when we sold Willie Carlin.

and his 1 goal in 31 games for Fester   was an excellent bit of business  -   Willie  had his best times  whilst being with us  ..  not such a void as when Colin Todd  was sold to Everton  -   tragic    :pinch:

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Could someone please explain me how a player who has played virtually his entire career in the lower reaches of the football league, subject of a reported £1m bid from one club, is suddenly such a brilliant player that he would instantly walk into our side ahead of Johnson, Butterfield and Bryson?

I appreciate that this messageboard have some of the greatest judges of a player's ability and potential around, but surely Conor Hourihane must have popped up on the radar of at least one other club apart from Aston Villa, either championship or premier league, if he is so utterly mind-blowingly good?

So somebody who has out tackled, out scored, made more assists and out performed our midfield isn't better than Bryson and Butterfield? I come on really, they've both been well below average this season, if you can't see that you're blind.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Please explain? 

There is a poem by Allan Ahlberg called "Who knows?" which goes along the lines of...

I know something you don't know.

No you don't - I know it.

You don't know it. How could you know it? Nobody knows it. Only me.

I just know it.

Prove it then. Tell me what I know.

etcetera.

Now there have been plenty of people on here in the past who have pretended to be #ITK - and you have your own disciples who hang on your every word. I'm not particularly interested in what you may or may not know, but coming on here and coming out with something along the lines of "I know what's wrong, but I can't tell you because I will get either myself or somebody else into trouble" just smacks of cockwombling - or would you prefer 'Ahlberging'?

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So somebody who has out tackled, out scored, made more assists and out performed our midfield isn't better than Bryson and Butterfield? I come on really, they've both been well below average this season, if you can't see that you're blind.

Then every other scout and manager in the Championship and the Premier League is too, because I did ask, quite clearly in plain English, why are Villa the only club seemingly chasing such an incredible player at such a bargain price.

You chose the ad hominem response - which says far more about you than it does about my myopia.

34 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

and his 1 goal in 31 games for Fester   was an excellent bit of business  -   Willie  had his best times  whilst being with us  ..  not such a void as when Colin Todd  was sold to Everton  -   tragic    :pinch:

We'd  have won the league if we hadn't sold Willie.

Oh yeah.

anyway leave me in my private grief, i never got over it.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

There is a poem by Allan Ahlberg called "Who knows?" which goes along the lines of...

etcetera.

Now there have been plenty of people on here in the past who have pretended to be #ITK - and you have your own disciples who hang on your every word. I'm not particularly interested in what you may or may not know, but coming on here and coming out with something along the lines of "I know what's wrong, but I can't tell you because I will get either myself or somebody else into trouble" just smacks of cockwombling - or would you prefer 'Ahlberging'?

Whatever flicks your switch chap. 

Archived