Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Are some people getting paid commission for each time they use the word Hourihane in a post?

Good player but basically nobody would have suggested him a year ago. Many would have written him off as a lower league player who wouldn't approve us. All of a sudden, he's the be all and end all of our season, despite never once being linked. Hey ho.

That's exactly the Scott Hogan scenario. Comes from the lower leagues and has an amazing start to life at a higher level. Now he's worth 10-15 million apparently.

He has had an amazing START to life at a higher level. That means next season and the season after that he could fall by the wayside. We don't know. It's all a gamble. Paying that amount of money on a punt is insanity.

Clubs still don't learn.

The 100k we were linked with paying Danny Rowe of Macclesfield is a gamble but worth paying. 10-15 million for a former league 1 player who has had 2 minutes in the Championship is a gamble for idiots.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the club needs a clear out from top to bottom. All Mel, Sam and Steve have done for the last few weeks is plan everything around Henri and Martin coming to Pride Park. What a waste of time. I heard that Steve didn't even speak to the team ahead of the Leeds game as he was on the phone to Lansbury's agent. And Mel and Sam spent Christmas with Fawaz and the Fulham chairman trying to get a deal sorted. Makes my blood boil to think of their poor families all alone on Christmas day. Maybe Mel should pull his finger out and make some actual transfers and not spend all day on here reading the latest on Martin and Lansbury. What a joke our club has become. How many more targets are we going to miss out on. It's a buyers market, for gods sake, can we actually buy someone please. Just one will do. Anyone. And whilst we are at it, can we get rid of all the 'deadwood'.

That's the end of that then, he would have helped especially if we picked him up on a free but we offered an awful lot for a player who was due to be out of contract and the wages mentioned were horrendous so maybe this one will work out for the best.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think the club needs a clear out from top to bottom. All Mel, Sam and Steve have done for the last few weeks is plan everything around Henri and Martin coming to Pride Park. What a waste of time. I heard that Steve didn't even speak to the team ahead of the Leeds game as he was on the phone to Lansbury's agent. And Mel and Sam spent Christmas with Fawaz and the Fulham chairman trying to get a deal sorted. Makes my blood boil to think of their poor families all alone on Christmas day. Maybe Mel should pull his finger out and make some actual transfers and not spend all day on here reading the latest on Martin and Lansbury. What a joke our club has become. How many more targets are we going to miss out on. It's a buyers market, for gods sake, can we actually buy someone please. Just one will do. Anyone. And whilst we are at it, can we get rid of all the 'deadwood'.

We are not a joke, yes things have gone against us and we should have our focus on getting it right for next season which is the obvious common sense thing to do.

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Are some people getting paid commission for each time they use the word Hourihane in a post?

Good player but basically nobody would have suggested him a year ago. Many would have written him off as a lower league player who wouldn't approve us. All of a sudden, he's the be all and end all of our season, despite never once being linked. Hey ho.

Ambitious and Sage mentioned him in August to be fair, little was said about him since, Bris in December highlighted him as a player we need then 2 days later he was on McLovin's shopping list.  

January 1st Sage said he would rather have Hourihane in the Lansbury thread and that was it, everyone jumped aboard the hype train. Choo Choo

Basically I blame @sage for all this.

Steve said it would be very hard for us to improve our squad this transfer window. Villa are signing Lansbury today and apparently are bidding £1m for Hourihane........is that not worth a bid? Could villa actually guarantee him first team football? IMO he walks straight in our midfield next to Hughes, he's better than any other of our centre mids (apart from will), who quite frankly have been average to poor this season. 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We are not a joke, yes things have gone against us and we should have our focus on getting it right for next season which is the obvious common sense thing to do.

Whoosh

13 minutes ago, David said:

Ambitious and Sage mentioned him in August to be fair, little was said about him since, Bris in December highlighted him as a player we need then 2 days later he was on McLovin's shopping list.  

January 1st Sage said he would rather have Hourihane in the Lansbury thread and that was it, everyone jumped aboard the hype train. Choo Choo

I think you'll find I wanted him to come here since he was linked back in November/December.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I think you'll find I wanted him to come here since he was linked back in November/December.

Has hasn't ever been linked here. Use the search, Hourihane, pulls up all posts from the last year. 

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Steve said it would be very hard for us to improve our squad this transfer window. Villa are signing Lansbury today and apparently are bidding £1m for Hourihane........is that not worth a bid? Could villa actually guarantee him first team football? IMO he walks straight in our midfield next to Hughes, he's better than any other of our centre mids (apart from will), who quite frankly have been average to poor this season. 

Could someone please explain me how a player who has played virtually his entire career in the lower reaches of the football league, subject of a reported £1m bid from one club, is suddenly such a brilliant player that he would instantly walk into our side ahead of Johnson, Butterfield and Bryson?

I appreciate that this messageboard have some of the greatest judges of a player's ability and potential around, but surely Conor Hourihane must have popped up on the radar of at least one other club apart from Aston Villa, either championship or premier league, if he is so utterly mind-blowingly good?

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Could someone please explain me how a player who has played virtually his entire career in the lower reaches of the football league, subject of a reported £1m bid from one club, is suddenly such a brilliant player that he would instantly walk into our side ahead of Johnson, Butterfield and Bryson?

I appreciate that this messageboard have some of the greatest judges of a player's ability and potential around, but surely Conor Hourihane must have popped up on the radar of at least one other club apart from Aston Villa, either championship or premier league, if he is so utterly mind-blowingly good?

Give it a couple more days and people on here will be saying they always rated him and suggested we sign him when he did nothing for 125 games for Plymouth.

Losing out on Lansbury hasn't bothered me. For 40k a week they can have him. This transfer was never going to happen. 

The thing that has really really wound me up is McClaren's comments yesterday.  

"Can we find better than what we have got? We have but they are out if our reach or not available. We did find one in Chrissy Martin"

To be honest. Those comments are an absolute shambles. 

Ive said this before. But our recruitment team can't find any players available better than what we have? Better left wingers than Russell and Camara? Midfielder who can chip in with more than the 1 goal that Hughes and Butterfield have done? If they cant then get rid of the recruitment staff (unlikely when the managers and chairmans sons are in the recruitment team though)

Then we see Villa close to signing Hourihane for ONE MILLION POUNDS. 

1. He's clearly available. 

2. He would improve us. 

So there's McClaren's theory out the window from one transfer. Not to mention what else is out there if you look for it. 

Our recruitment is a joke and so is the team involved. The only player they could find is Chris Martin. Who is our player anyway for ***** sake. 

There is no strategy. Nothing at all. Employ family members who genuinely have no clue about scouting or playing recruitment at all. 

Can somebody please tell me what Chris "I have a list of 10 players for every position" Evans does for this club? 

10 players for every position he said. He must be awful at his job if a) none are available and b) they aren't better than what we have. 

Don't let this winning run we had cloud anything. The club has problems. 

I can't say what. Because I'll get in trouble. 

Shambles. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Losing out on Lansbury hasn't bothered me. For 40k a week they can have him. This transfer was never going to happen. 

The thing that has really really wound me up is McClaren's comments yesterday.  

"Can we find better than what we have got? We have but they are out if our reach or not available. We did find one in Chrissy Martin"

To be honest. Those comments are an absolute shambles. 

Ive said this before. But our recruitment team can't find any players available better than what we have? Better left wingers than Russell and Camara? Midfielder who can chip in with more than the 1 goal that Hughes and Butterfield have done? If they cant then get rid of the recruitment staff (unlikely when the managers and chairmans sons are in the recruitment team though)

Then we see Villa close to signing Hourihane for ONE MILLION POUNDS. 

1. He's clearly available. 

2. He would improve us. 

So there's McClaren's theory out the window from one transfer. Not to mention what else is out there if you look for it. 

Our recruitment is a joke and so is the team involved. The only player they could find is Chris Martin. Who is our player anyway for ***** sake. 

There is no strategy. Nothing at all. Employ family members who genuinely have no clue about scouting or playing recruitment at all. 

Can somebody please tell me what Chris "I have a list of 10 players for every position" Evans does for this club? 

10 players for every position he said. He must be awful at his job if a) none are available and b) they aren't better than what we have. 

Don't let this winning run we had cloud anything. The club has problems. 

I can't say what. Because I'll get in trouble. 

Shambles. 

Cockwomble.

35 minutes ago, David said:

That's it. Blame the messiah not the disciples.

I'd be interested to know what troubles they are.

Ive thought for a while our recruitment was a bit dodgy, i seem to remember someone saying we tend to sign players who are assigned to a certain agent. Not sure if that is true.

As much as Nugent isn't a bad signing, would it not have been better to sign a league 1 striker who was younger, currently scoring with potential resale value? 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd be interested to know what troubles they are.

Ive thought for a while our recruitment was a bit dodgy, i seem to remember someone saying we tend to sign players who are assigned to a certain agent. Not sure if that is true.

As much as Nugent isn't a bad signing, would it not have been better to sign a league 1 striker who was younger, currently scoring with potential resale value? 

Potentially. But ud actually have to go out and scout for them. 

Archived