Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

42 minutes ago, KBB said:

Who should we sign to prove you wrong then?

So basically you're saying this squad doesn't need improving. Hourihane for starters stats are there to see we have no goal scoring midfielders we can't keep relying on ince

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JayRam1 said:

So basically you're saying this squad doesn't need improving. Hourihane for starters stats are there to see we have no goal scoring midfielders we can't keep relying on ince

Agree he would be a good signing.

Just now, Gritters said:

A Forest fan I work with is happy he has gone. High wages and he said he would only turn up once every three games. The rest of the time he was average. You have to ask how did he end up there in the first place. I for one am not disappointed. 

And I bet had he come out and said he wants to stay at Forest, Lansbury would be the best midfielder and most consistent player in the Championship

Really disappointed about this one. Think he would have been ideal and something we are lacking in midfield. We desperately need a Central Midfielder with energy and goals (Bryson 3 years ago) if we are to even think about competing at the top end of this division. Friday highloighted how far away we are in that area of the pitch. We got comoletely over ran. Hughes is top class and as good as anything in the division, but we desperately need legs alongside him. Butterfield has ability and is a nice player, but too similar to Hughes (not as good) and too negative in his play. Bryson sadly is not the player he was and Johnson just isnt good enough on the ball in this role. Carries too much weight in my opinion as well. As for the holiding player, really hoping De Sart can be the guy. Tough game at Leeds, however dont hold him totally accountable, as the experieneced 2 in front of him were very poor.

Extremely dissapointed at this is an understatement, he's exactly the sort of player we need, we're not going anywhere until we get a centre mid to partner Hughes. The fact that Villa have managed to sign both him and hourihane says something imo, were struggling to attract players to play for us anymore, how can we let TWO players that would be perfect go to the same club, where they probably won't both play, and are beneath us!

Do we have poor negotiators? Are our recruitment team just idiots for not looking at them? Or is something else putting players off joining us? Mcclarens comments today seem to suggest we can't get our targets to join and that we're just giving up looking now, which tbh has hacked me off immensely as a fan.

Its abundantly clear that although the squad is capable at this level, we're not good enough and don't have the balance within the team to really trouble the top teams, we've even let teams like Leeds get ahead of us for ***** sake! I know this is mainly the work of a certain ostrich, but not signing anyone else this window is effectively giving up the season imo, which when we're in 7th place is a totally ridiculous move!

Maybe it's all just a rouse, but if there are no more incomings we as fans may as well give up as well, we're going nowhere until our recruitment team actually does it's bloody job and finds players good enough to improve on the players in our starting 11, which considering we've scored so few goals this season can't be that blood hard!

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Extremely dissapointed at this is an understatement, he's exactly the sort of player we need, we're not going anywhere until we get a centre mid to partner Hughes. The fact that Villa have managed to sign both him and hourihane says something imo

Stopped reading after this sentence. You are literally moaning about something that hasn't happened yet. 

Lansbury maybe about to sign for Villa but Hourihane is no where near. 

Get a grip.

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Stopped reading after this sentence. You are literally moaning about something that hasn't happened yet. 

Lansbury maybe about to sign for Villa but Hourihane is no where near. 

Get a grip.

He's having a medical according to @Nuwtfly , not sure wheres he's seen that but I trust him not to be lying. If that's true I don't think you can't get any closer

Just now, Papahet said:

Maybe FFP is coming to bite us on the arse, hence lack of activity 

Again... We are financially fine. No need to panic about FFP. We are well within FFP & will be for next season aswell.

People are seeing the lack of "paper talk" as lack of movement.

The club are constantly moving for players that can improve this squad, most of the time they get told that the player isn't for sale or they are priced out of it because the club want to charge a price that is no where near what the player is actually worth. Just because the club aren't publicly stating who they're interested in, doesn't mean we aren't active within the market.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Jedinak

Lansbury      Hourihane

That's some championship midfield. 

Indeed, yet it won't even be that expensively assembled, we probably spent that much on Blackman, anya and weimann who we didn't even need. Our recruitment team really does make you wonder..

I stated this before and I will state this again, the squad is extremely unbalanced at the moment and it will take some time for McClaren to get it to the team he wants. I feel like the great unbeaten run covered over the cracks a bit, as we relied heavily on Tom ince. Don't forget we are still the second lowest scorers in the league which is shocking no matter how you try to address it, even rotherham have scored more than us. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done, hence, McClaren repeatedly saying "we aren't there yet" and "we can improve a lot". He knows that the job is bigger that a lot of people are making out. I think it's going to take at least the summer transfer window and the following january window to get it to the team he truly wants. 

Archived