Gray

Vokes played 17 games so far 

Barnes played 8 games so far 

Gray played 12 games so far 

:whistle:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's put this to bed ,,, some are desperate to get Martin back ,, some don't want him back ,, some are not fussed one way or the other ,, ,we can all scream all we want but it's opinions only about now and the future ,he might come back and be brill ,he might come back and never reach the hights of the past ,,,,, Mac ,Martin and Fulham will decide the matter ,,,,,,,,,,,,, kippers and custard 

8 hours ago, toddy said:

Galye - 0.41 (do you think he'll join us?)

Murray - 0.38 (shall we put a bid in?)

Hogan 

Abraham (both these two are new to this level)

Wood - 0.29

Gallagher 0.19

Winnable (?)

Mr Ince :thumbsup: 0.31

Graham 0.29 (has one of the longest droughts in PL record I think)

Kachunga 0.21

Ward 0.18

Kodjia 0.40

Irvine - 0.10

Knockart - 0.19

How many do you want? :lol:

Chris Martin league goals per game is 0.31

Why is his record higher than some of them if they didn't go on poor spells and recover? Or are we strictly sticking to just these 22 games for your agenda. Do we not want to use a bigger sample? That wouldn't fit in with your hatred of the highest Derby scorer of a generation would it.

Would you fancy seeing a table like this for chances created? I bet you don't want to do you. Because Martin would finish really high thanks to his time at Derby and playing behind Grant Holt at Norwich. 

Yeah, let's just stick to the 22 games.

I might start a thread on Sammon being a great striker based on a select number of games in Scotland. 

What was Blackman's record for Reading when we signed him?

Is the 6 in 22 Martin's last 22 games or is it a specific time frame?

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Chris Martin league goals per game is 0.31

Why is his record higher than some of them if they didn't go on poor spells and recover? Or are we strictly sticking to just these 22 games for your agenda. Do we not want to use a bigger sample? That wouldn't fit in with your hatred of the highest Derby scorer of a generation would it.

Would you fancy seeing a table like this for chances created? I bet you don't want to do you. Because Martin would finish really high thanks to his time at Derby and playing behind Grant Holt at Norwich. 

Yeah, let's just stick to the 22 games.

I might start a thread on Sammon being a great striker based on a select number of games in Scotland. 

What was Blackman's record for Reading when we signed him?

Is the 6 in 22 Martin's last 22 games or is it a specific time frame?

What ever has happened in the past is in the past, it is irrelevant, a players form is based on current form not what he did 3 seasons ago. Otherwise we would be searching for Kevin Hectors replacement.

No denying, he was a good scorer for us, but that was a couple of season's ago, he managed 15 last season and that was when we were in the top 6 for much of the time. His current form goes back to April last season and has not improve to anywhere near the form of previous seasons. He has now gone to Fulham possibly hoping for a return form -but it has not really happened for him.

We need to move on with this notion that Martin is a current 20 /25 goals a season man, he is not.

I also feel we have moved away from the old playing style of Derby 2013/14 era and as all football clubs evolve so do we.

Martin was once a good striker for us, same as Gabbi, Hector, George etc once were.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

What ever has happened in the past is in the past, it is irrelevant, a players form is based on current form not what he did 3 seasons ago. Otherwise we would be searching for Kevin Hectors replacement.

No denying, he was a good scorer for us, but that was a couple of season's ago, he managed 15 last season and that was when we were in the top 6 for much of the time. His current form goes back to April last season and has not improve to anywhere near the form of previous seasons with season. He has now gone to Fulham possibly hoping for a return form -but it has not really happened for him.

We need to move on with this notion that Martin is a current 20 /25 goals a season man, he is not.

I feel we have moved away from the old playing style of Derby  2013/14 era and as clubs evolve so do we.

Martin was once a good striker for us, same as Gabbi, Hector, George etc once were.

You know the 2 previous times we were a top 6 side pre Mac our top scorers, Rasiak and Howard, both who are adored by our fans, scored 16 in the league. That is 1 whole goal more than the pitiful return from Martin last season.

54 minutes ago, toddy said:

Wayne Rooney ? Still living on past glory

Jamie Vardy ? Should he be written off ?

Costa ? Poor last season and on fire this season

harry Kane on fire last season started off very slowly this.

daniel Sturbridge etc etc

strikers blow hot and cold, you have to look at the bigger picture not just the last 22 games !, that's my opinion any how !

would I love to see us find another bobby Davison yes, would I ilove to see us buy Harry Kane ? Yes, but is not going to happen yet, so until we get to that point what is the harm in having our most proven striker of this decade on the bench or on the pitch ? Better scoring for us than our rivals !

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

People are forgetting to factor in an important question.  Would he even want to come back???  Fulham have just as much of a chance of going up as us and play better attacking football (at the moment).  The bright lights of London are a big pull as well.  

"He doesn't play - thank goodness," McClaren said. "He is a goalscorer. I have the highest regard for Chris as everybody knows.

"He's doing a good job for Fulham and they are very pleased with him - I know that. We are just monitoring the situation to see what happens."

This is what Steve said before the Fulham game, sorry if its already been posted in one of the many CM threads, but what does he mean by monitoring the situation, ? Fulham must have the option to buy in Jan ?

On 19 December 2016 at 00:08, Alpha said:

The thing about this debate is, love him or hate him, did we really not have a place in our squad for our 60+ goal top scorer? Not even worth a place on the bench. 

And then you get the disruptive story. That's why he was loaned out. He was caught smoking behind the canteen at Moor Farm by the DET and was also hosting orgies in the King's Corner for everyone to see. He filled his Facebook page with pictures of other people's wives. He started a blog about his sordid sex life and was once spotted in Smyth's toystore punching children. 

This is why Clement had him as captain, Nigel Clough (notoriously soft..) and Mac had him first choice. 

He was, this is fact that can be backed up by the Breakfast club Pt 1, one of the first players back for pre season. We saw him at work for no reason other than he wanted to be. He could have been on a beach somewhere. Then a year later you will find another interview where it's mentioned he was back early to make sure he was in top condition. 

In fact every summer we've had the "is it me or is Martin looking lean and mean?" topic as we tragically analyse who's wearing numbers 1-11 in training. Only to call him fat the first time he refuses to sprint after a lazy punt down the pitch. 

So on one hand we have zero evidence that he needed binning asap because he's a grade A cock. On the other hand we have no nonsense Pearson who's history of helping Palace players to their feet, educating journalists on their interview techniques and telling Leicester fans to have a safe trip. A disciplinarian who's guidance was needed desperately by our troublesome squad and his own son apparently. 

So I find it difficult to accept he was loaned out to rid the club of his vile attitude. So until all these gents with access to Martin's email start providing evidence that he was planning on killing Jews then I'll assume it was a football decision which brings back the question...

How is there no place in our entire squad for a bloke that scored 60+ goals in 3 seasons worth of football?

I'll be honest, if he found Pearson difficult to get on with then that makes me like him even more. Because that stupid lego head, who dined out on achievements less impressive than Paul Jewell's and Ranieri winning a title, is a frontrunner in the DCFC Bellend of the Decade award. 

I believe if you're going to do something then do it. 100% or not at all. So if you employ Pearson and he wants rid of Martin then so be it. But I'm not a big fan of let's make stuff up to justify it. He wanted rid of Martin and we don't know why. The End.

If I was to speculate then i'd firstly be wasting my time and secondly I'd be suggesting maybe Pearson didn't like the idea of us scoring goals. The block head tosspot

On 19 December 2016 at 00:14, Alpha said:

Wow, I only intended to post "This thread is already out there". Nigel Pearson doesn't just bring out the worst in Derby players but some fans too.

Thanks Nigel. Hope you drop your turkey on the floor next week. Tit

I proper love you, mate

Archived