Chrissy Martin...........no repeat guarantee

20 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

My mother lives in his home town of Beccles and says she does see him in the town a lot, so clearly he spends a lot of time going home. 

Fulham to Beccles travel time 3 hours 22 minutes

Derby to Beccles 3 hours 20 minutes

So only a couple of minutes difference when there is no traffic, but with London Traffic Derby is far quicker and a lot more enjoyable drive. 

Friends in the town that know him tell me he loves Derby. 

Yes I think he will stay at Derby for the sake of having to drive the comfy 202 minutes vs the gnarly 200 minutes! Smart man dat.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes I think he will stay at Derby for the sake of having to drive the comfy 202 minutes vs the gnarly 200 minutes! Smart man dat.

Focus on the least relevant part, jeez it's as if you don't want him back :ph34r::whistle:

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

If we can land Hogan | Afobe | Abraham with the Martin money then we should move on.

He has said he is happy in the capital and wants the move permanently.

I thought Pearson blew £12,000,000 on both Vydra and anya - both are likely subs now! 

17 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

I think we should cash in. Sell him and move on. If I were him. I'd stay down there. Closer to his folks too. 

As above we spent on paper? 

7 hours ago, Simsy said:

I think it could make it weaker!

Martin changes the way we play and how opposition play against us. Martins lack of speed means the opposition can push their centre backs up further. It also means our attacks will be more patient as Martin can hold the ball up which slows the game down which has its advantages and disadvantages.

At the minute we really are not missing CM so if it aint broke don't fix it. Cash in, move on.

Hmm I would suggest we would have plan A and a plan B plan A being as we were with Martin (or bent now) or plan B with Martin feeding the runs of Vydra which could work very well 

11 hours ago, archied said:

Do we have /  play the midfield that fits with Martin anymore ? Butters ,Hughes brad are not going to be sprinting past the lone striker all the time in the way Bryson / Hendrick did ?  Our midfield now plays a bit more in the try to thread good passes through to strikers bent/ vydra , ince Russell camara anya and as a good few people have noted we do look a better balanced side for it ? Now I'm not saying Martin can't fit in at Derby anymore but I am sayin that perhaps Mac deosnt see him as the vital cog he once was ,,, now if he comes back then I don't mind but this fixation some have with bringing Martin back is just that,, a fixation ,,, we are on a run of results under Mac that is every bit as good as the runs we had under Mac 1 and not a Chris Martin in sight? And if I'm honest I think we look a far better balanced side than back then , yes a little less gung ho but we do look far more solid and less likely to concede ,, I will go with macs judgement , if he thinks it's vital to get Martin back the fair enough but I somehow think Mac will find it easier to move on and leave Martin in the past than some fans

A really good post that ! I have never been comfortable about Martins lack of pace and the fact that he doesn't quite have Teddy Sheringhams all round football brain to make up for it. He gets found out by some teams. That said, he knows where the goal is, has a proven record and won't cost us anything because he's ours anyway.

I think we are a more flexible side now and what he offers might not be so obvious without Bryson and Hendrick but CM or spend 5-10 million on an unproven player with a reputation with us that isn't a patch on what we know he can bring ? . Interesting conundrum. For me if Fulham come up with proper money I.e. 6-7 plus the 2.5 they have already paid then fine .. Otherwise .. Welcome back Chris. 

Don't understand why people are saying we are such a different side now and this is why Martin shouldn't be brought back. We still have Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ince, Butterfield. Only Hendrick has gone. All these players have played well with Martin, despite what some would have you believe. I'm sure Anya and Vydra in particular would love to have the opportunity to play with a big target man wwho takes the attentions of defenders off them.

35 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Don't understand why people are saying we are such a different side now and this is why Martin shouldn't be brought back. We still have Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ince, Butterfield. Only Hendrick has gone. All these players have played well with Martin, despite what some would have you believe. I'm sure Anya and Vydra in particular would love to have the opportunity to play with a big target man wwho takes the attentions of defenders off them.

I think it is because Hendrick and Bryson were the runners that fed off Martin's holding. Hendrick has gone and Bryson while still a good player has lost some of his energy and zip. Hughes didn't always play and Butterfield is a different sort of midfielder, playing more of a passing game than a raiders game. Martin was a fulcrum and it worked well 60 % of the time. Remove his runners and the odds of him repeating that fall. He can still do a job for us but would the sucess strike rate be the same with different pegs around him occupying different holes ?  We seem to have a for or against with CM. I just see him as an option that could be useful but I don't see him as the B all and end all that some do. Good striker, clever player yes ...build my team and tactics round him week on week no. 

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'd still love to see Vydra on the left of a 4-3-3 alongside Martin and Ince. I'm assuming the reason we've only seen him play centre forward is that there's no other cover for Bent. 

57 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'd still love to see Vydra on the left of a 4-3-3 alongside Martin and Ince. I'm assuming the reason we've only seen him play centre forward is that there's no other cover for Bent. 

Martin and ince dont compliment each other well.... but then im sure everyone else already told you that.

Totally different team with bryson playing sparingly and hendrick gone.

Dont think Martin would particularly suit us now... not to mention it would mean Ince playing like he used to play for us..... ie doing nothing not scoring any goals.

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Martin and ince dont compliment each other well.... but then im sure everyone else already told you that.

Nah, I don't really buy this to be honest. Most of their time playing together was not under McClaren, and Ince was far from his best under the last 3 managers regardless of who he partnered. It's a bit daft to be so absolute about it, especially considering the performances of a whole range of players since steve came back that had been completely written off previously. Martin coming back does not mean ince will magically become crap. 

exhibit A:

15 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Nah, I don't really buy this to be honest. Most of their time playing together was not under McClaren, and Ince was far from his best under the last 3 managers regardless of who he partnered. It's a bit daft to be so absolute about it, especially considering the performances of a whole range of players since steve came back that had been completely written off previously. Martin coming back does not mean ince will magically become crap. 

exhibit A:

That was Inces debut, before he properly hated Martin, wasn't it?

19 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Totally different team with bryson playing sparingly and hendrick gone.

Dont think Martin would particularly suit us now... not to mention it would mean Ince playing like he used to play for us..... ie doing nothing not scoring any goals.

Under Mac 1 and Wassall (the two managers who knew how to use them) Martin and Ince were on the pitch together for a total of 1004 minutes;

Ince has six goals and five assists in that time. Martin has seven goals and four assists in that same spell and so individually they directly contributed to a goal every 91 minutes. Those 22 'contributions' featured twenty different goals (Martin assisted Ince against Rotherham and Brizzle City).

So in 1,004 minutes the pair of them have directly contributed to twenty different goals… so roughly a different goal every 50 minutes.

Compare this to Ince and Bent who solely under McClaren (as Wassall never really gave Bent a chance) have been on the pitch for a total of 1,346 minutes together. Bent has notched ten goals and three assists whilst Ince thirteen goals and one assist. Two of those 27 'contributions' there were 25 different goals (with Bent assisting Ince twice). That works out at a different goal every 54 minutes.

There's barely anything in it, whoever Ince plays with. You let him roam free and he'll cause havoc. 

This idea that he can't play with Martin stems from how badly mismanaged they were by Clement and Hedgehog **** Face. 

Can't be bothered to proof read, as always, so forgive spelling and grammatical errors.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Under Mac 1 and Wassall (the two managers who knew how to use them) Martin and Ince were on the pitch together for a total of 1004 minutes;

Ince has six goals and five assists in that time. Martin has seven goals and four assists in that same spell and so individually they directly contributed to a goal every 91 minutes. Those 22 'contributions' featured twenty different goals (Martin assisted Ince against Rotherham and Brizzle City).

So in 1,004 minutes the pair of them have directly contributed to twenty different goals… so roughly a different goal every 50 minutes.

Compare this to Ince and Bent who solely under McClaren (as Wassall never really gave Bent a chance) have been on the pitch for a total of 1,346 minutes together. Bent has notched ten goals and three assists whilst Ince thirteen goals and one assist. Two of those 27 'contributions' there were 25 different goals (with Bent assisting Ince twice). That works out at a different goal every 54 minutes.

There's barely anything in it, whoever Ince plays with. You let him roam free and he'll cause havoc. 

This idea that he can't play with Martin stems from how badly mismanaged they were by Clement and Hedgehog **** Face. 

Can't be bothered to proof read, as always, so forgive spelling and grammatical errors.

But neither of them smile, how can they possibly play together?!

If Martin came back he'd be the best striker at the club. He'd give us something we don't have currently and if and when Ince goes through a dry spell CM will score / create goals. I don't buy the whole 'sides worked us out' argument. Absolutely zero evidence to prove that. He struggled a bit from Clement onwards but any striker would struggle if your centre backs passed the ball sideways between themselves for 90 minutes or the ball was consistently launched over your head as it was under Pearson.

If we've already spent the money on Vydra then so be it but I'd be trying to get him back and firing on all cylinders for the second half of the season. 

I just don't see a good reason not to bring him back if we can and I'm still on hear a good reason why you wouldn't want him in the squad and creating competition at the very least. For a promotion push you need match winners, CM is a match winner.

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 00:08, Alpha said:

The thing about this debate is, love him or hate him, did we really not have a place in our squad for our 60+ goal top scorer? Not even worth a place on the bench. 

And then you get the disruptive story. That's why he was loaned out. He was caught smoking behind the canteen at Moor Farm by the DET and was also hosting orgies in the King's Corner for everyone to see. He filled his Facebook page with pictures of other people's wives. He started a blog about his sordid sex life and was once spotted in Smyth's toystore punching children. 

This is why Clement had him as captain, Nigel Clough (notoriously soft..) and Mac had him first choice. 

He was, this is fact that can be backed up by the Breakfast club Pt 1, one of the first players back for pre season. We saw him at work for no reason other than he wanted to be. He could have been on a beach somewhere. Then a year later you will find another interview where it's mentioned he was back early to make sure he was in top condition. 

In fact every summer we've had the "is it me or is Martin looking lean and mean?" topic as we tragically analyse who's wearing numbers 1-11 in training. Only to call him fat the first time he refuses to sprint after a lazy punt down the pitch. 

So on one hand we have zero evidence that he needed binning asap because he's a grade A cock. On the other hand we have no nonsense Pearson who's history of helping Palace players to their feet, educating journalists on their interview techniques and telling Leicester fans to have a safe trip. A disciplinarian who's guidance was needed desperately by our troublesome squad and his own son apparently. 

So I find it difficult to accept he was loaned out to rid the club of his vile attitude. So until all these gents with access to Martin's email start providing evidence that he was planning on killing Jews then I'll assume it was a football decision which brings back the question...

How is there no place in our entire squad for a bloke that scored 60+ goals in 3 seasons worth of football?

I'll be honest, if he found Pearson difficult to get on with then that makes me like him even more. Because that stupid lego head, who dined out on achievements less impressive than Paul Jewell's and Ranieri winning a title, is a frontrunner in the DCFC Bellend of the Decade award. 

I believe if you're going to do something then do it. 100% or not at all. So if you employ Pearson and he wants rid of Martin then so be it. But I'm not a big fan of let's make stuff up to justify it. He wanted rid of Martin and we don't know why. The End.

If I was to speculate then i'd firstly be wasting my time and secondly I'd be suggesting maybe Pearson didn't like the idea of us scoring goals. The block head tosspot

Will the DCFC Bellend of the Decade Award be given out at the same time as the Jack Stamps Trophy? Do we need to do one of those petition things to get them to talk about it in parliament?

Guys stop living in ther past Martin has played his last game for us

Examine the evidence......would any club shell out 3 million for a players year long help?

also from Martins view point by sending him out on loan like some sort of fringe player must have been a kick in the teeth for him(ty mr fooking pearson)

Love him or hate him nobody can deny he played for the shirt I hope im wrong but i doubt it

3 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Will the DCFC Bellend of the Decade Award be given out at the same time as the Jack Stamps Trophy? Do we need to do one of those petition things to get them to talk about it in parliament?

It will be handed over on the last home game of the season. Well, I say handed over but it will be launched way over his head for him to chase. See how he likes it

Question ,, having won 7 in. A row ,, 8 unbeaten ,what would we lose from this team if we drop someone for Martin ???? Is this a consideration for anyone banging on about bringing him back because it seems to me this bring him back is kind of with th idea that we add him to the team without having to drop someone , it's been made clear by some that he is different from other strikers at the club and we play differently to suit his strengths? Then we have the argument that he would be a great addition to the squad ? Now if we get him back from Fulham it's in effect a 9 to 10 million cost to the club , that's a lot of money for a squad player that's gives us a plan b and not a garuanteed starter and someone I'm pretty sure would not cut it in the prem if we get promoted?  I like Martin , I really do and perhaps we let him go too early ( maybe maybe not) but I believe those desperate to get him back are perhaps not thinking it through from the position we are now in having let him go already ,.  If we have the 9 or ten mill to spend that it would in real terms cost us to scupper the Fulham deal I can think of better ways to spend it? 

I don't worry about the money because it's not my money. As far as we know Mel has not got an issue with spending money to make Derby better. He's done loads for us and I don't doubt that he'd burn £9m if he thought it would help.

Why would Martin walk back into the team? He's no more entitled to a place than anyone else. But he was surely worthy of a place in the squad.

All the ifs and buts about promotion are irrelevant imo. Worry about the PL if and when you get there. Many many many players have surprisingly hit and flopped when moving from club to club in the same league never mind moving leagues. I mean Jesse Lingard who wasn't much good here is now playing for Manchester United. Ibe left here and walked straight onto the Liverpool hype train. Hendrick struggled to hold down a place here yet is playing every week in the PL, Tom Ince hasn't had any success in the PL but Bradley Johnson who last season was getting slated here has done alright in the top flight. It's irrelevant how Martin would do in the PL. 

We play differently and we have different strikers? Darren Bent has been praised and contributing by doing more of what Martin used to do. While Vydra is constantly trying to run behind defenders and is having a pretty bad time here. So how much has changed really? 

If he doesn't want to come back then cool.

If Mel/Mac want the money, then fine

But in terms of ability and fitting in? Martin is certainly worthy of a place in our squad. 

If there's room for Vydra, Weimann, Blackman, Anya and Camara then there's room for Martin.

Not saying we need him. Just saying he's good enough and would fit. I'm sure there are many players out there that could too. But he was/is already our player. To have him loaned out to a club we're competing with is stupid 

Archived