Vydra looking Menacing ... when will he start?

Ninos

15 hours ago, nfb said:

All i can say is that if you ask Harry Rednapp, he will tell you that in the changing room during his time here, anything you wanted to implement had to be approved by Martin... itk

So how many people down the line did this info come from? Or do you know Harry?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

When Gayle, who is similar to Vydra, plays for Newcastle they utilise him as a release valve as you say by sticking it into channels for him and he does win some battles which is something Vydra will try add to his game as he seems to have the ability, just needs to get stronger and fitter. 

He will learn a lot from Mac

I see your point but I think you're overlooking a couple things. First off a ball in the channels usually happens when the defender/midfielder has a bit of time on the ball to pick out the striker's run. They can't really pull off this kind of ball when being heavily pressed because it requires spotting a player's run, whereas they can knock the ball up to Bent because they know exactly the area he should be occupying without looking for him. Secondly Gayle is better in the air in Vydra, he wins approximately 50% more aerial duels than Vydra. Thirdly Newcastle have Diame as an attacking midfielder to provide a physical aerial in roughly the same area. Fourthly the beauty of Bent right now is he can both run the channels and challenge for the air, hence my overall point about Bent allows us to establish ourselves further up the pitch better right now.

It looks like Vydra starts today, it'll be interesting to see how it gets on and how we use him. Hopefully he and the team plays well.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I see your point but I think you're overlooking a couple things. First off a ball in the channels usually happens when the defender/midfielder has a bit of time on the ball to pick out the striker's run. They can't really pull off this kind of ball when being heavily pressed because it requires spotting a player's run, whereas they can knock the ball up to Bent because they know exactly the area he should be occupying without looking for him. Secondly Gayle is better in the air in Vydra, he wins approximately 50% more aerial duels than Vydra. Thirdly Newcastle have Diame as an attacking midfielder to provide a physical aerial in roughly the same area. Fourthly the beauty of Bent right now is he can both run the channels and challenge for the air, hence my overall point about Bent allows us to establish ourselves further up the pitch better right now.

It looks like Vydra starts today, it'll be interesting to see how it gets on and how we use him. Hopefully he and the team plays well.

I understand that but I believe Mac can help Vydra improve these things about his game. He can try toughen him up as he has a good touch and is a clever player. I think we will use Vydra in a more counter attaching system like today at Fulham who will come on to us. 

But I fully understand and agree with your points. 

1 minute ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I understand that but I believe Mac can help Vydra improve these things about his game. He can try toughen him up as he has a good touch and is a clever player. I think we will use Vydra in a more counter attaching system like today at Fulham who will come on to us. 

But I fully understand and agree with your points. 

Oh I agree with that completely, and it's almost certainly the reason why he's been first off the bench in every game.

Vydra has been a massive disappointment since coming here.

I keep reading about how brilliant he is... It's as if people are blowing his trumpet in a bid to justify the ridiculous amount we paid for him. He's not even a top 20 Championship forward.

And we paid some £8million for him! We had our pants down in that deal big time.

Very average forward. Chris Martin is superior in every category of his game other than pace and acceleration.

Pearson wanted to play with a front two. That's presumably why vydra was bought to suit. 

It'll presumably take a bit of coaching and game time to convert him to a lone striker role.

No doubt we'll know in a few weeks if we've spunked the season's budget on vydra and anya.  If so, then need mac and the team to be getting more out of them 2.

Oh they all come out of the woodwork at certain times don't they ! "Waste of Money, Martins is way better, we got ripped off" . What a load of ill considered waffle

And .. Yes Vydra has scored .. One of the few when we had Nigel ***head in charge 

He is very bit as good as Martin .. When Martin wasn't scoring his fans said he isn't "getting service" or "Martin needs ball to feet"  ... It's no different with Vydra AND he is new to DCFC and has had 2 managers to play under. 

i haven't one tiny shread of doubt that he will come good under Mac and be a great signing for us. I think he has huge potential to improve which, despite liking Chris Martin and respecting his record with us, Martin doesn't. Martin is the finished article ...Vydra isn't 

we have just emerged from a nightmare to becoming a competitive team again ...every time Vydra played under Pearson we were on the back foot. How did CM do in similar circumstances ? ... For crying out loud give the lad a break. He is intelligent, hard working, skilled and flipping quick. But for a few mm he would have another 3 or 4 to his tally. You only have to watch his movement, speed of thought, and on the ball instinct to know he is a genuine footballer of quality .. Just need to adapt him to our system or use him in the right way ( all things everyone says about Martin when HE isn't scoring ) 

In the booze fuelled euphoria of stuffing the red dogs last Sunday I admit I got a bit carried away and said second spot behind Newcastle was still up for grabs...although privately for weeks prior I'd been saying we'll do well to finish top 6 this season..so many big clubs like ourselves giving it a real tilt this season. This league is more competitive this term than ever, and where we should have gone up before and blew it, to reach the play off's this season will be no mean achievement.

I don't see it as two points dropped today...7 points from 9 in 6 days is not a bad return in anybody's book. Despite two late winner's in Yorkshire that have dropped us down to 7th, we're still in a good place going into Christmas.

Well done lads. Up The Mighty Rams!

30 minutes ago, Ramz64 said:

Has Vydra scored a goal yet ? 

24 minutes ago, Ramz64 said:

Has Vydra scored yet ? 

3 minutes ago, Ramz64 said:

Has Vydra scored a goal yet ?

This thread is full of duplicates. In answer to your question he has scored twice. Looks like Vydra is the new scapegoat @eddie

Archived