Rams down to 10th

PistoldPete2

Drop 5 places after last nights results. Shows just how tight it is... Even if we win tonight we will not really have gained anything since Sunday , except fo reading losing . 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Drop 5 places after last nights results. Shows just how tight it is... Even if we win tonight we will not really have gained anything since Sunday , except fo reading losing . 

I say if we win tonight we have gained a lot. Think of the alternative. We need to keep up the pressure and let those around us lose the momentum

16 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm happy to be able to drop 5 places.

2 months ago that would have put us bottom.

Or top of league 1 :)

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So you thought that it was possible to go from 21st to 5th in 9 games, but that it wouldn't be tight as a result of passing all those teams?

We don't need to look at other results, we need to forget the opening 20 games or whatever it is, and think the next 20 have to be slightly better than play-off form.

Just the reality of a really poor start. It's going to be tough to get and stay in the play-offs as a result.

I think its natural that we want to see momentum maintained but at times in our climb we won and didnt move up any, but win tonight yes still only 5th but only 2 points behind reading...just keep pushing and hope one of the top two slips up, but cant see it.

I'd be absolutely delighted with 3rd after our shocking start. I would really just love us to keep the run going any emerge from the xmas and new year games with a bit of a gap to 7th....that would make my xmas.

I'm not really paying much attention to the table. Sure it'd be great to see us secure the play-offs, maybe sneak autos. I think SMC has a free hit this season to see how high he can take us. I don't think anyone really expects a play-off position after the start to this season. I think if we're anywhere near Mac 2 will be seen as a decent season.

11 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I'm not really paying much attention to the table. Sure it'd be great to see us secure the play-offs, maybe sneak autos. I think SMC has a free hit this season to see how high he can take us. I don't think anyone really expects a play-off position after the start to this season. I think if we're anywhere near Mac 2 will be seen as a decent season.

Did  you mean to say 'no one expected a play-off position'. I would guess lots of people now expect one. Hopefully they don't all start booing when we inevitabley lose a game.

I'm pretty confident we will get a playoff place though. We've got one 2 out of last 3 seasons with a similar team. Our overall squad is stronger now too with different options at dcm and cf. We are also on a par with the top 2 since Steve came home. Will probably be a repeat of his first season where we can't quite catch 2nd place due to the start.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Did  you mean to say 'no one expected a play-off position'. I would guess lots of people now expect one. Hopefully they don't all start booing when we inevitabley lose a game.

I'm pretty confident we will get a playoff place though. We've got one 2 out of last 3 seasons with a similar team. Our overall squad is stronger now too with different options at dcm and cf. We are also on a par with the top 2 since Steve came home. Will probably be a repeat of his first season where we can't quite catch 2nd place due to the start.

Yeah, I did. Hopefully the boo brigade will bore off when we finally lose.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Not interested in anybody else's results except ours, lets focus on QPR tonight.

Mcclaren in the past has played not to lose when he could have won and been naive and perhaps? guilty of table watching or focusing too much on big pictures. 

Seems so far that the new mac version 2.0 is brave and smart and just training hard and smart and playing the next game while players keep improving (the truest measure). All our players now look value for money. Just keep it that way.

One test for me will be the side he puts out at WBA in the cup - if he plays his strongest side perhaps with just one or two changes. (Vydra for Bent Anya for russell etc) then he's on the right track. If we beat them then the same again in the 4th round. Don't lose anything!  Let's make winning a habit instead of playing for points and table position. The table will take care of itself.

Just win baby ! (As they say in Oakland)

32 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Mcclaren in the past has played not to lose when he could have won and been naive and perhaps? guilty of table watching or focusing too much on big pictures. 

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Example of this please?

I beg to differ that point. 

In his first spell as manager, he was guilty of playing with 4 strikers in the last 10 mins to try and get that winning goal.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Seems so far that the new mac version 2.0 is brave and smart and just training hard and smart and playing the next game while players keep improving (the truest measure). All our players now look value for money. Just keep it that way.

One test for me will be the side he puts out at WBA in the cup - if he plays his strongest side perhaps with just one or two changes. (Vydra for Bent Anya for russell etc) then he's on the right track. If we beat them then the same again in the 4th round. Don't lose anything!  Let's make winning a habit instead of playing for points and table position. The table will take care of itself.

Just win baby ! (As they say in Oakland)

I agree with that, part of the undoing of the 14/15 season was that Reading FA cup game.

Archived