Rams down to 10th

PistoldPete2

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I beg to differ that point. 

In his first spell as manager, he was guilty of playing with 4 strikers in the last 10 mins to try and get that winning goal.

I think we flourished doing that apart from 1 game? Think it could of Birmingham. Then after that we stopped trying to go for a win and started operating a lot less 'YOLO' so to speak. Even though we did get a lot of points 'YOLO'ing before that one game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I think we flourished doing that apart from 1 game? Think it could of Birmingham. Then after that we stopped trying to go for a win and started operating a lot less 'YOLO' so to speak. Even though we did get a lot of points 'YOLO'ing before that one game.

Agreed. It's the whole principle that if it works for us 50% of the time and against us the other 50%, we'll have gained (2 points gained v 1 point lost)

1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

Agreed. It's the whole principle that if it works for us 50% of the time and against us the other 50%, we'll have gained (2 points gained v 1 point lost)

Exactly but a lot of people don't understand that. They'd rather have the whole 3 draws unbeaten then the win draw and a loss. Guess it does look better with an unbeaten record but would rather have the 2 points gained personally.

As well as adding the fact it depends who you're against. If you're taking points off your rivals etc. Let's leave that for another day :pinch:.

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

Who cares about the table. Focus on QPR only. Good on mcclaren who seems to be keeping the focus on hard work and the next game.

That's 4 times I've agreed with you this week

We'll be holding hands and skipping down the street soon

Of course we slipped down the table after last night .. The teams around us played another game before we did .. Duhhhh 

win and we are back to where we were. .. Yes ok some of our competitors won so it's now up to us as challengers to do the same. .. It is tight though. I just hope we have the experience not to ge conned by gamesmanship .. Take the game to them, score early so any mucking about from them will be pointless

9 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm happy to be able to drop 5 places.

2 months ago that would have put us bottom.

Ah the power of positive thinking. 

35 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course we slipped down the table after last night .. The teams around us played another game before we did .. Duhhhh 

win and we are back to where we were. .. Yes ok some of our competitors won so it's now up to us as challengers to do the same. .. It is tight though. I just hope we have the experience not to ge conned by gamesmanship .. Take the game to them, score early so any mucking about from them will be pointless

Yes of course, I was just a bit disappointed that no one slipped up last night. Still, if we keep winning we don't have to worry about other teams. 

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I beg to differ that point. 

In his first spell as manager, he was guilty of playing with 4 strikers in the last 10 mins to try and get that winning goal.

Gamble one to win 2 more - that always seemed like good odds to me. Where it came unstuck was leading and still pressing the accelerator. It has to be a balance.

Archived